[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

calling all champions

isleseeya

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewbieTewl

For me, it's about the prestige.

To my wife, it's about the money. :D

+ 1 more

Also her liking the money makes her more supportive of FF :bash:

I have been in a money league for 8 years, 16 team league, 8 teams make the playoffs and more money per playoff round while the other 8 teams go to the toiletbowl with the opportunity to lose even more money each round they are in. I have 5 superbowls, 3 wins in the SB's, and 7 of 8 postseason appearances. in year 6 I went to the TB, my wife was very irritated at no post superbowl winnings and insisted the next year that I "pay more attention in the pre-season". :D

If I must dear.... :clap:

+ 1 more

Also her liking the money makes her more supportive of FF :D

I have been in a money league for 8 years, 16 team league, 8 teams make the playoffs and more money per playoff round while the other 8 teams go to the toiletbowl with the opportunity to lose even more money each round they are in. I have 5 superbowls, 3 wins in the SB's, and 7 of 8 postseason appearances. in year 6 I went to the TB, my wife was very irritated at no post superbowl winnings and insisted the next year that I "pay more attention in the pre-season". :D

If I must dear.... :bash:

Amen to that. I rarely bring home any cash from fantasy football, so when I do it saves me for a little while anyway.

Free leagues suck.

The winning the championship is nice, but if I had the choice between winning the fantasy bowl and, let's say, $500 or not winning the fantasy bowl, but racking up cash for high scores and season high points total therefore winning $1000, I'd rather have more cash. No brainer for me.

Both.

The $$ doesn't last long, but the memories can last a lifetime.

Smacktalk = priceless

The thrill of victory (or defeat) feeds my competitive nature.

The $$ buys real stuff, being the best at something that doesn't really exist isn't that grand of an accomplishment.

I never play in free leagues, so there must be something to the $$ for me.

Free leagues do not offer the competitiveness and seriousness of leagues where you have to pay ...that's my opinion ...I compare to playing poker on the internet ( fre games or tournaments without cash prizes ) to playing for real money ...still want to win but the stakes normally decides the level of thrill

I still say the money comes and goes ( nice to gt it ) but its the trophy , and the satisfaction and yes even some bragging rights that makes it all the more worthwhile

Edited by isleseeya

I like to think it shows my FF superiority whenever i win. But being a realist i know, it's all about luck. I play in several very competitive BOTH leagues and i doubt very seriously i have more knowledge about FF or players then anyone else. I could lie to myself and say i won because i was the best owner, but the truth is..............it's all about LUCK!!! There is some skill, but at this level of competition you'd be a fool to think your any better off then another.

I play for the fun, first and foremost. The prize money is a close 2nd, and pride is the last thing i worry about.

No doubt a great deal of luck involved ...but you still have to put in some time and studying when drafting , analyzing free agents , working the trades and finally setting a roster that you think will give you the best chance to win ...luck helps but playing a whole season worth of games , then winning enough to make the playoffs and then still winning all the playoff games to finally win title , takes more than luck ...I do agree having fun is really what it is all about ...but its a lot mor fun winning than losing as we all know

The prestigue is the best part. I play in a league with guys I know, so there is a lot of smack talk each week. The money is nice and since my wife found out, I will be using it for a new garage door opener (no nudie bar trip for me).

As many times as I have won, I am thinking about adding it to my resume. Maybe the Lions will make me their next GM (can't do any worse).

I won our fantasy superbowl and season points total last year, which is worth $750. This year I am still in the points race and I am going into the second half of our championship game (17 week fantasy season) with a 33 point lead, so I will probably win this year too. But its definitely the prestige more than the $$.

Free leagues do not offer the competitiveness and seriousness of leagues where you have to pay ...that's my opinion ...I compare to playing poker on the internet ( fre games or tournaments without cash prizes ) to playing for real money ...still want to win but the stakes normally decides the level of thrill

I still say the money comes and goes ( nice to gt it ) but its the trophy , and the satisfaction and yes even some bragging rights that makes it all the more worthwhile

You aren't in the right free leagues. I'm in 3 free leagues formed of alll Huddlers and I assure they are all very competitive.

Money, I already have more titles than most. :D

holy crap, I kinda agree with Sarge :D

In my main league I've won my 4th title in 8 years.

Won another league last year and just missed the finals and ended up in 3rd in a new league this year.

My leagues aren't big money ($50 buy in) so I guess both are kinda nice!!

Happy New Year!!

I've won 3-4 in the past, but this is the first year I've won the one that matters. My dammed local! The one with my dad, my uncle, best friend, and so forth. I finally get to talk smack to the ones that matter!

I could care less about the cash. I usually send it out early to cover fantasy baseball dues or bet it all on bowl games.

I'm in one league, A BOTH full of assholios who root for college teams other than my beloved Wolverines. The money doesn't really matter. It's all about facing off against the resident Sooner and Buckeye fan.

And this was my year!!! :D

Maize and Blue : 2006 BcS League Champion in the Inaugural Season. :D

I'm in one league, A BOTH full of assholios who root for college teams other than my beloved Wolverines. The money doesn't really matter. It's all about facing off against the resident Sooner and Buckeye fan.

And this was my year!!! :D

Maize and Blue : 2006 BcS League Champion in the Inaugural Season. :D

Losing to you in the SB was painful. But Ill take the next step next yr.

And I completely do not agree its all about luck. Ive won my local 8 of 11 yrs, won just about every BOTH league I play, or at minimum been in the title game of at least most of them.

Losing to you in the SB was painful. But Ill take the next step next yr.

And I completely do not agree its all about luck. Ive won my local 8 of 11 yrs, won just about every BOTH league I play, or at minimum been in the title game of at least most of them.

Fun season. I'm with you on the luck theory. I've only been playing FF for 4 years and have 3 titles, and a runner up.

Now if I could get the fabfive to step up in hoops. :D

Prestige. I play to compete and to win. The money is nice but for me, I'd compete the same way regardless if there were $10K or $0 on the line. I play to win and nothing else feels the same when I do win.

Of course, I've only won three titles in six total leagues over maybe 20 total seasons so I don't win all that much!