[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Playing FF during the NFL Playoffs

fpuma

I have ran my own league for about 5 years now and this year I want to offer to my owners to redraft and play FF during the NFL playoffs. My question is what site can I use to help me keep track of everything? Are there any free ones out there?

Thanks,

Frank

I have ran my own league for about 5 years now and this year I want to offer to my owners to redraft and play FF during the NFL playoffs. My question is what site can I use to help me keep track of everything? Are there any free ones out there?

Thanks,

Frank

Not one that I've found. We have to do it all in Excel and it's a pain. If the sites (I heard MFL was going to continue to score the players last year) would just keep the stats running it would be much easier. Since CBS can't even keep stats during the regular season, I know it'll be too much to ask from them. DMD don't you have some pull with MFL? All they have to do it keep the stats running and let the commish put the players in each team.

The only way I've ever been involved in a playoff league is this: Each team selects a squad from the available players (a starting team of 8, or more if you want, and a player can be on more than one team if you want). There are no waiver moves. You just play total points. Once one of your players is eliminated from the playoffs, that spot on your squad is now dead. Most points at the end of the playoffs is the champ. It's really a matter of picking the players that stay in the playoffs the longest.

Local does a "Draft and Hold"

Draft 1 player for each starting slot and once that player's team is eliminated from the playoffs, he is done.

Each player is only available to 1 team, and highest overall points wins this type of league.

Redraft. Reverse order of standings at the end of the regular season.

Each owner may keep any player on their roster at the end of the regular season to go into our playoffs.

For each "keeper", they give up one round (starting with their first pick) in the playoff draft.

First week, top four finishers on bye, bottom four match up to see who plays who in Week 2.

Week 2, begins the pillage phase. The teams that win and advance takes all eligible players of the team they beat and put them on their roster for the next round...and so on until the Superbowl.

There is a payout for the SB winner, the runner up, plus the remaining pot is divided up among the owners based on the number of their players drafted for the playoffs that made it to the final round on a team.

I know, a bit :D , but that is how we have done it for years.

Edited by Gunther

Redraft; same scoring as the season but roster spots are less rigid (1Flex instead of RB2 and WR2) because of player attrition. Many incomplete lineups get submitted around Championship games. Total points wins.

10% of the league dues (about $200) makes the pot for the playoff pool. Winner gets $150, 2nd place gets $50.

We use an AOL drafter and Excel spreadsheets but drafting gets hairy as there is always someone who is too lazy to set the offline draft list (and remove the players who are out of the playoffs) and then can't make the draft. Last year, it made for a 4 hour long cell phone conversation for one guy and about 50 text messages for another. Lots of work for the commish.

Is MFL easier drafting wise?