[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss back to Vikings ?

whomper

I heard on Mike and Mike this morning that there was chatter of Moss being offered back to the Vikings for a 3rd round draft pick..I have no link..Did anyone else hear this ? Any Minny homers hear this ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I heard a little something about that recently as well. Here's the scoop though, while I think it would probably be an "ok" deal to get Moss back in Minnesota (he's still better than any WR option that we have right now), I'm not sure that Childress could deal with Moss' personality. I mean if Marcus Robinson is too much of a personality for Childress to handle, then I really don't think that Moss would be a good fit for Childress' my way or the highway military-like coaching style.

Plus, an injury-prone primdona WR who can't go across the middle and takes a lot of plays off when he's not directly involved in the action, is probably not worth a 3rd round pick... maybe more like a 4th or 5th rounder.

I doubt Childress would even consider Randy Moss.

remember too in the wake of the love boat incident, one huge pushlast year was to get rid of any player with less than a sterling public persona or track record. Moss would just revive the old problems they wanted to solve.

So, if we assume Moss leaves Oakland and doesn't go back to Minny, where would be a good fit for him? And does he still have any potential value, fantasy wise, or is he pretty much washed up now?

I could see him as a 49er... that's just my own opinion though. I think Bryant has long outworn his welcome in San Francisco and I don't think Battle is the answer, plus they have a ton of salary cap room for signing people this off-season.

Q #1: Who has a coach that would bring out good things in Moss?

Q #2: Who has a QB that throws a good deep ball?

Q #3: Who has an extra pick due to lost FAs in this coming draft?

Q #4: Who has a need for a new #1 or #2 WR?

Show me a team that can answer yes to all four, and you show me a team that is in the running for Moss.

Show me a team that can answer yes to all four, and you show me a team that is in the running for Moss.

Pats :D

Q #1 just eliminated everyone. :D

Good set of questions. As WP said above, the Patriots might be the answer.

Here is an interesting thought but one that won't likely happen - with Joe Horn growing long in tooth and nearing retirement, what would Moss be like with the Saints? Colston and Moss and Brees?

Hmm...

Here is an interesting thought but one that won't likely happen - with Joe Horn growing long in tooth and nearing retirement, what would Moss be like with the Saints? Colston and Moss and Brees?

Hmm...

That would be a good fit IMO. What do I know though.

Hmm...

That would be an interesting scenario, but realistically I don't think there is a chance in hell that Payton would bring in a guy with Moss's character. He has/is building a solid foundation in NO with guys that may not be the most talented, but work hard and get the most out of their ability. Moss doesn't fit there or really anywhere....much like T.O. Actually, maybe the one place that I could see Moss possibly "fitting"...if you will is Carolina. That is of course if they dumped/traded MeShawn. Then again....Moss would eventually whine to no end about getting too few balls thrown his way. :D

Edited by Hitman

How about Randy to the Cardinals for Bryant Johnson and JJ Arrington? Moss could be the WR3 behind Fitz and Boldin. I'm sure Denny would love to have him back. Assuming Denny keeps his job...

I recall Moss once being asked how he'd feel if TO ended up on the Raiders with him and he immediately responded with "that wouldn't happen because I wouldn't be here. If TO is here, then I'm not here.."

that pretty much summed up what he said...

I don't see him going to any team that has a up-coming/great WR....

he can go to either of these teams pending on their cap situation..

Pats - may be perfect if he can get his looks...maybe even more looks than Branch and Brady had and Moss could do nothing but have the upmost respect for Brady and Belichick

Eagles - not likely..and don't expect Stallworth back. Brown will be a great #2 to whomever starts on the other side...Also..Moss does not fit what the Eagles do at all...

Falcons - yeah...no competition and Vick has the arm to get him the ball..

Ravens - perfect system and Billick was the OC on the Vikings when Moss had his best years...

Bears - he'd be the #1 over Muhammed and they like to throw the ball deep..

Jaguars - no real #1 WR...he'd be perfect...plus he apparently likes warm weather...

Chiefs - No matter how great your TE is...he should never be considered your "#1"...Moss would be perfect here...

Vikings - don't they have plenty of cap room still?...they could afford him..but I don't know if this can be a reality..

Giants - They need a REAL #1...Burress is only a #2 at best...plus Toomer is a little long in the tooth..

49ers - Bryant should be the #2...he'd be perfect here as well...

Buccaneers - I think they are in cap hell...maybe, maybe not...I could be wrong...but another warm weather team that could use his services due to no real #1 WR...

Titans - bad candidate here as they are re-building and not self-destructing...

that about sums it up..

What about the Broncos? Cutler has a cannon of an arm and Rod Smith is getting very old.

They need a possession-type guy to complement Walker. I don't think Moss is even aware that the field has a middle.