[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss back to Vikings ?

whomper

Eagles - not likely..and don't expect Stallworth back. Brown will be a great #2 to whomever starts on the other side...Also..Moss does not fit what the Eagles do at all...

I agree I can't see the Eagles going for another WR who cares more about himself then winning. Why don't you think Stallworth will be back? Him & McNabb seemed to have great chemistry right away. With a whole pre-season of woking together they could be a great combo. I know he has injury history but where else would they go for a #1 WR?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q #1: Who has a coach that would bring out good things in Moss?

Q #2: Who has a QB that throws a good deep ball?

Q #3: Who has an extra pick due to lost FAs in this coming draft?

Q #4: Who has a need for a new #1 or #2 WR?

Show me a team that can answer yes to all four, and you show me a team that is in the running for Moss.

Good question, ones that teams should ask themselves before even thinking about entering into talks for an aging, high-maintenance WR who needs to stop coasting on his declining talent and become more of a student of a game if he is to remain productive. However, I think most of the better teams will look, say "thanks, but no thanks, we're fine", and move on. And the thought process of the teams that start thinking about Moss in their uni will be more along the lines of:

Q #1: Who has a coach/GM that is desperate to save his job?

Q #2: Who has a QB that Moss may make better?

Q #3: Who can't afford NOT to (or at least override their common sense to) make a "sexy" move for a name player?

Q #4: Who has a need for a Hall of Fame WR?

Personally, I think Chainsaw Dan Snyder probably wouldn't be able to stop himself if he was offered Moss.

Q #1: Who has a coach that would bring out good things in Moss?

Q #2: Who has a QB that throws a good deep ball?

Q #3: Who has an extra pick due to lost FAs in this coming draft?

Q #4: Who has a need for a new #1 or #2 WR?

Show me a team that can answer yes to all four, and you show me a team that is in the running for Moss.

That would be the Patriots...

I agree I can't see the Eagles going for another WR who cares more about himself then winning. Why don't you think Stallworth will be back? Him & McNabb seemed to have great chemistry right away. With a whole pre-season of woking together they could be a great combo. I know he has injury history but where else would they go for a #1 WR?

because of his chronic hammy problem, he's been inconsistent at best and he's not a #1..

Stallworth has been in this system his whole career, so he's familiar with the plays, he just had to freshen up on the "verbage"

plus they haven't locked him up already...

At this point in his career, Randy Moss does not make any QB - let alone any team - better. Not in the big picture. I don't think he would work in the Pats system at all...can you imagine him pouting and quitting on a Tom Brady route?!? The way Brady spreads the ball around...no way Moss would be satisfied with that.

Just my opinion. Moss is done.

Considering there is no doubt in my mind TO will find a job next year, and Moss is much less of a distraction then TO, half the league at least would take Moss.

I'd be curious to see what would happen if he went to the Pats - be a good experiment (and if it goes wrong....good).

He would be very unwelcome there.

Why?

Farve could get him the ball and doesn't mind simply tossing it up for someone to go get it (as he's show throughout his career) ... plus, it'd free up Driver even more ... and allow the running game more maneuverability (sp?) ...

Why?

Farve could get him the ball and doesn't mind simply tossing it up for someone to go get it (as he's show throughout his career) ... plus, it'd free up Driver even more ... and allow the running game more maneuverability (sp?) ...

He has a bad reputation with the fans with the Vikings, which was raised even more with the :D incident.

He has a bad reputation with the fans with the Vikings, which was raised even more with the :D incident.

Not like the positive vibes Cowboy fans had for TO :D

Maybe he ends up in the CFL with Ricky after Ricky wastes yet another chance in the NFL by drugging out once again after his upcoming return ... Does punting on 3rd down in Canada make for fewer plays for Randy to showcase his lack of effort?

:D

Might be a perfect match.

No way he goes to the Pats. But I could easily see Snyder signing him, maybe Atlanta after their WR woes and coaching blues.

FYI TVH,

When Moss ran his mouth earlier this year about how he would've preferred to have been traded to Atlanta or Baltimore instead of Oakland, Art Blank came out & publicly stated that as long as he was the owner of the Falcons, Randy Moss would never have the chance to disgrace a Falcons uniform.

Same with TO for that matter.

Something about their character...or lack of it I should say. :D

FYI TVH,

When Moss ran his mouth earlier this year about how he would've preferred to have been traded to Atlanta or Baltimore instead of Oakland, Art Blank came out & publicly stated that as long as he was the owner of the Falcons, Randy Moss would never have the chance to disgrace a Falcons uniform.

Same with TO for that matter.

Something about their character...or lack of it I should say. :D

So what the hell is Mike Vick doing in a Falcons uniform then? :D

Why?

At this point, Moss looks like an overpaid underachiever. I can't see Thompson making that move, mainly due to the fact he wants to build through the draft but I also think GB fans hatred of Moss would factor in as well. (as in "Is this worth it in a strictly football sense? - NO, plus the fans would hate it")

Q #1: Who has a coach/GM that is desperate to save his job?

Q #2: Who has a QB that Moss may make better?

Q #3: Who can't afford NOT to (or at least override their common sense to) make a "sexy" move for a name player?

Q #4: Who has a need for a Hall of Fame WR?

Two words-- De Troit.

1. Millen is desperate, has proven he overvalues WR's by drafting 3 in a row and the Fords don't pull the trigger very fast.

2. Kitna did alright with Chad Johnson, Housh, Roy W II and Furrey.

3. Detroit always needs to make a splash, especially now before their fans revolt.

A name not mentioned yet ...

Any chance he ends up in GB on a 1-2 year deal if Favre comes back for another year?

I really can't see that, although I think a high priority is a vet #3 WR to replace the always injured Ferguson and be there in case Jenkins has a soph slump. Speaking of fan revolts, Moss in GB would spark one... :D