[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A void or not?

skylive5

For me, the socializing aspect is huge, so it would leave a void for me if I walked away from it completely. It's been very difficult to keep up with it this year though, given new and different responsibilities in 'real' life. I am once again working on paring down, but it's like giving a child away: which one(s) do you get rid of? :D

For me, the socializing aspect is huge, so it would leave a void for me if I walked away from it completely. It's been very difficult to keep up with it this year though, given new and different responsibilities in 'real' life. I am once again working on paring down, but it's like giving a child away: which one(s) do you get rid of? :D

Noob! :D

You think that leaving FF would leave a void in ones life?

:D I'm leaving one league for certain next year, and I'm going to miss the give-and-take with the guys, but as far as the game itself, nah.

You've said you're going to stay active in at least one league, so you still need to prep for the draft and keep up on things - just not as much. The void will be minor, if one exists at all.

I don't know how some of you folks can handle all the leagues some of you are in. I find it a challenge with just two leagues...although I've been thinking of joining a third.

I made the jump and added 4983 as my second league a couple years ago. Having played in our local (an eight owner league) forever, going to a 14 owner league seemed nucking futs. I knew it would be harder, but wow, I really was clueless how much tougher it would be...but it has been fun.

I think some of your are in 32 owner leagues! :D

I don't know how some of you folks can handle all the leagues some of you are in. I find it a challenge with just two leagues...although I've been thinking of joining a third.

I made the jump and added 4983 as my second league a couple years ago. Having played in our local (an eight owner league) forever, going to a 14 owner league seemed nucking futs. I knew it would be harder, but wow, I really was clueless how much tougher it would be...but it has been fun.

I think some of your are in 32 owner leagues! :D

try picking 2 wr's from this list for a FF playoff game--

Patrick Crayton

Billy McMullen

Chad Jackson

Clarence Moore

still can't believe I lost.... :D

The original question: Do you think it would leave a void in your life?

Not a void in my life ... because my life is being a Dad and a husband and a coach. FF is a raggedy chewtoy to add a bit of distraction when the real things in my life are all otherwise engaged ... Certainly, I'd miss bits of it for a bit -- likely the banter, the statistical analysis, and trade proposals -- but I'd quickly get swept into some other irreverently irrelevant initiative for a mindful mindless moment or two to keep those voices in my head all talking about the same thing while we wait out the weeee hours of the morning before the rest of my world wakes up.

:D But I'd miss my huddle buddies if THIS place ever closed. :bash:

:D

"huddle buddies"

:clap:

Interesting results. Most don't feel there would be a void were they to quit FF. Guess it isn't like actually being an athlete and after years and years of playing the "game" retiring and then come spring (or whenever) missing it something fierce and being at a loss as to what to do with your time.

I think that my question has been answered. Nice to know that some of the most passionate FF people here could step away. But then most do have a life away from FF.

To address Ursa.... yes the purpose is personal. And yes... it won't be discussed. Not the proper forum nor the time.

To address Czar.... I fully understand the social aspects. However... the people I would get together with because of FF I can get together with without FF. Might have met most of them because of FF but I think we are beyond that now. We have become friends above and beyond FF. But I do hear what you are saying.