[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So Who Is Getting Fired After Week 17?

Vote Quimby2

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom Coughlin

Denny Green

Joe Gibbs

Millen/Marinelli

First two, natch. I don't think Snyder "fires" Gibbs, but I don't think Gibbs leaves. I see one more yera for him.

Millen, yes. Marinelli, no. Then again, Millen appears to have a fantastic collection of compromising photographs of the Ford Family so he might be back as well.

I see a decent shot of Parcells not coming back, and wouldn't be shocked at all if Dungy didn't return next year either. These might be retirements.

:D Yer an idiot. But a funny idiot.

Gibbs is on the first thing smoking out of DC as soon as the Deadskins lose their final game. Bye Bye. The only question is, who will Daniel Snyder bring in this time. Maybe he will dig up the late George Allen as he couldnt do any worse than the last 3 or 4 coaches have...

Denny Green - 3 years, no discernible progress. Buh-bye

Mora - 3 years; Vick has not improved; defense has not improved; a playoff run might save his bacon, though

Gruden - his 5 years in Tampa have officially been more bad than good

Dungy - I don't think you can fire him, but another playoff flameout might make that an option

Romeo Crennell - it wouldn't be fair, as the Browns have been completely snakebit all season, but the NFL isn't fair

Not that they are firing him, but some are speculating that Bill Cowher might not be back next season for the Steelers. Know some Bama fans would love to see him come coach the Tide.

My instinct based upon the type of season this was, his tone during interviews, and comments from those close to the situation is that Sunday will be coach Cowher's last game as the Steelers coach. :D

My instinct based upon the type of season this was, his tone during interviews, and comments from those close to the situation is that Sunday will be coach Cowher's last game as the Steelers coach. :D

I agree!

Do the Rooneys even know how to search for a coach anymore?

Do the Rooneys even know how to search for a coach anymore?

Talk about pressure. Whoever comes in will be following Chuck Knoll & Bill Cowher, who have been the only two coaches since 1969. :D Odds are that Whisenhunt will get the job, and, I think he will be a solid choice. I'm guessing that Russ Grimm & Dick LeBeau get interviews as well. I really don't see them giving the job to an outsider, but, you never know.

Cowher has coached a long time, but, I have a feeling he retires and then comes back to coach in 3 or 4 years, as he is still young enough to do that, and I think he will miss it too much. By that time, the Steelers will likely be loyal to their new coach, and Cowher will end up coaching another team, which would be hard to watch as a Steelers fan.

Cowher has coached a long time, but, I have a feeling he retires and then comes back to coach in 3 or 4 years, as he is still young enough to do that, and I think he will miss it too much. By that time, the Steelers will likely be loyal to their new coach, and Cowher will end up coaching another team, which would be hard to watch as a Steelers fan.

Eh, it's not as tough as you'd think - Holmgren coaching the Seahawks didn't/doesn't bug Packer fans (well most of us...much).

Talk about pressure. Whoever comes in will be following Chuck Knoll & Bill Cowher, who have been the only two coaches since 1969. :D Odds are that Whisenhunt will get the job, and, I think he will be a solid choice. I'm guessing that Russ Grimm & Dick LeBeau get interviews as well. I really don't see them giving the job to an outsider, but, you never know.

Any chance Cowher ends up coaching at Alabama?

Can't see Cowher putting up with all the politics that goes with college football, never mind the year round recruiting, etc. He's an NFL man, IMO.

I've actually thought that Cowher would do very well at a college program; if Menudo is correct, he may be coming back to coaching right about the time JoePa retires from Penn State.... :D

Any chance Cowher ends up coaching at Alabama?

I haven't heard any talks of this, and I'd be shocked. The house he bought is in North Caronlina, and NC State was excited thinking he might have interest, but, he said that if he wanted to continue coaching, he will stay with the Steelers. I think he wants to retire and watch his girls play basketball. Two are playing at Princeton and one is still in high school.

I've actually thought that Cowher would do very well at a college program; if Menudo is correct, he may be coming back to coaching right about the time JoePa retires from Penn State.... :D

Now there's a thought. Bill Cowher in the Big Ten. Crap. It's bad enough for Minnesota already.

Nope, I see Cowher trying his hand on TV for a while then being coaxed out of retirement by another NFL team when his wife has had enough of him hanging around the house.

I haven't heard any talks of this, and I'd be shocked. The house he bought is in North Caronlina, and NC State was excited thinking he might have interest, but, he said that if he wanted to continue coaching, he will stay with the Steelers. I think he wants to retire and watch his girls play basketball. Two are playing at Princeton and one is still in high school.

That seems to be the angle I'm hearing on this. Family time, etc. Also heard he is paid something like $4 million right now and could get $6 million if he stays on...although I think he has another year on his current contract?

Tough to walk away from a raise in pay and a secure job, but I also cannot blame him for wanting to get away for a while.