[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So Who Is Getting Fired After Week 17?

Vote Quimby2

Big Score: I cant disagree with any of what you say. Rumors have been rampant since the spring that Reese and Fisher have this HUGH rift that will result in Reese getting jettisoned. The fact that Bud Adams moved Steve Underwood, his longtime attorney, from Houston to Nashville this summer has really added fuel to the fire. Underwood essentially negoiates all the contracts for the team with players and vendors. Adams trusts him implicitly and all of the sudden deciding to move him to Nashville was done reportedly to 1. give Adams some feet on the ground locally so he could be better dialed into whats going on and 2. to have someone mediate the disputes that continue to arise between Reese and Fisher. All of this is speculation of course.

I have never heard Reese or Fisher publicly state that they had any problems working together. But it is taken as a given by the local sports radio/tv folks who openly talk about it. So, it seems fairly obvious that their working relationship has deteriorated to some extent, but whether it is broken beyond repair is only speculation. If one of them has to leave, it has always been my contention that it will be Reese. And the evidence seems to indicate that he could be out the door after this season. But Fisher is firmly entrenched and wont be going anywhere for a long time.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that wouldnt be now.

He said two weeks ago he is coming back next year and that he intends to fulfill his contract. Unlike many, Gibbs doesnt play games. He will leave on his own terms at a time of his choosing, not Snyder's, and I am positive it wont be after this hideous season.

But if anyone thinks I am wrong, they should name their bet.

I hope you're right and they right their ship especially on defense.

But Fisher is firmly entrenched and wont be going anywhere for a long time.

Without your local knowledge and from an outsider's POV, Fisher is likely to stay, IMO, because he has a team clearly on the rise. A good draft this year and the Titans are serious contenders in 2007 and probably beyond. No reason for Fisher to go anywhere.