[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

My first Round 2007

bigdre13

I don't think the status of Greg Jones matters much in Jacksonville. MJD is the man and everone else will be there to SPELL him.

I'm going to love opinions like this in next year's draft. Between Drew, Bush, & Manning someone is going to drop to me who has no business doing so. I'd love to have pick 1.10 or worse in next year's draft.

Poor old Westy. What's he gotta do to prove himself? I put him ahead of Parker, Rudi, Peyton, Drew and maybe even Alexander. :D

Well staying healthy for once would be a start. Ya he has been around this whole year (for once) but trusting that brittle man is dangerous. I could see him pulling a R.Smith if he survives this final game. :D Eh probably not. He'll come back to get hurt some more.

My top 50

1.01 LaDainian Tomlinson

1.02 Larry Johnson

1.03 Steven Jackson

1.04 Shaun Alexander

1.05 Brian Westbrook

1.06 Laurence Maroney

1.07 Jospeh Addai

1.08 Maurice Jones-Drew

1.09 Rudi Johnson

1.10 Frank Gore

1.11 Ronnie Brown

1.12 Willie Parker

2.1 Reggie Bush

2.2 Clinton Portis

2.3 Adrian Peterson

2.4 Jamal Lewis

2.5 Peyton Manning

2.6 Chester Taylor

2.7 Lamont Jordan

2.8 Brandon Jacobs

2.9 Willis McGahee

2.10 Kevin Jones

2.11 Donovan McNabb

2.12 Edge James

3.1 Tory Holt

3.2 Deuce McCallister

3.3 Chad Johnson

3.4 Marvin Harrison

3.5 Reggie Wayne

3.6 Steve Smith

3.7 Larry Fitzgerald

3.8 Drew Brees

3.9 Antonio Gates

3.10 Ahman Green

3.11 Cedric Benson

3.12 Carnell Williams

4.1 Thomas Jones - will start somewhere

4.2 Deangelo Williams

4.3 Carson Palmer

4.4 Andre Johnson

4.5 Julius Jones

4.6 Terrell Owens - somewhere

4.7 Lendale White

4.8 Jerious Norwood

4.9 Anquan Boldin

4.10 Roy Williams

4.11 Javon Walker

4.12 Plaxico

5.1 Bulger

5.2 Vince

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

1.01 LT

1.02 SJax

1.03 LJ

1.04 Westy

1.05 Gore (Gore and Westy could swap places if SF keeps giving Gore the Goal line touches)

1.06 SA

1.07 Parker (Provided Pittsburgh sticks with FWP on 3rd down and GL)

1.08 Rudi

1.09 MJD (if he starts, if not, he's 2nd round)

1.10 Portis

1.11 Brown

1.12 McGahee

1.13 Bush (Even if Deuce and him split carries, you have to like his catches)

1.14 Chester

2.01 Peyton

2.02 Addai

2.03 Maroney (Higher if Dillon retires)

2.04 Jacobs

2.05 KJ (if he's healthy)

2.06 Turner (if he starts elsewhere)

2.07 Edge

2.08 Deuce McAllister

2.09 TJones (depending on his starting situation)

2.10 JLew

2.11 Petersen (depends on where he lands)

2.12 Travis Henry (depends how Lendale White is worked into the system)

2.13 McNabb (injury dependent)

2.14 Brees

Edited by Tford

I'm going to love opinions like this in next year's draft. Between Drew, Bush, & Manning someone is going to drop to me who has no business doing so. I'd love to have pick 1.10 or worse in next year's draft.

That is exactly what I thought when Edge dropped to me at 8 and he KILLED me so trust me, you don't want a "proven" guy to fall to you as opposed to one of the aformentioned because it might bite you in da ass!

Edited by bigdre13

I agree with some of your sentiments, but someone always drafts Manning in rd 1, don't they? & the Bush love is so overwhelming for some that I don't think someone is going to be able resist waiting until rd 2 to draft him. I won't be drafting either guy unless they drop quite a bit, but someone will.

I also agree that SA is too high, but I think someone will take an early risk on him (and it may pay off. He was money for 5 years before this year). Westbrook always drops too far - just like Barber used to. Depending upon the situation, that may be me trading down to 1.14 to take Peterson there. I think he is going to be a stud at the next level, and with where he'll be drafted in the NFL the incumbant will not be able to hold him off.

Good feedback, though. :D That's just my perspective, and that ain't worth much more than discussion generation at this time of the year.

Gotcha. So what you were doing was putting together how you think a draft would go as opposed to how it should go.

You're right about Peyton - I won a league this year by collecting LJ at #4 after the guy with #1 went for Peyton. The really amusing thing was that passing TDs only count for 3 pts in that league. :D

Edited by Ursa Majoris

My top 50

1.01 LaDainian Tomlinson

1.02 Larry Johnson

1.03 Steven Jackson

1.04 Shaun Alexander

1.05 Brian Westbrook

1.06 Laurence Maroney

1.07 Jospeh Addai

1.08 Maurice Jones-Drew

1.09 Rudi Johnson

1.10 Frank Gore

1.11 Ronnie Brown

1.12 Willie Parker

2.1 Reggie Bush

2.2 Clinton Portis

2.3 Adrian Peterson

2.4 Jamal Lewis

2.5 Peyton Manning

2.6 Chester Taylor

2.7 Lamont Jordan

2.8 Brandon Jacobs

2.9 Willis McGahee

2.10 Kevin Jones

2.11 Donovan McNabb

2.12 Edge James

3.1 Tory Holt

3.2 Deuce McCallister

3.3 Chad Johnson

3.4 Marvin Harrison

3.5 Reggie Wayne

3.6 Steve Smith

3.7 Larry Fitzgerald

3.8 Drew Brees

3.9 Antonio Gates

3.10 Ahman Green

3.11 Cedric Benson

3.12 Carnell Williams

4.1 Thomas Jones - will start somewhere

4.2 Deangelo Williams

4.3 Carson Palmer

4.4 Andre Johnson

4.5 Julius Jones

4.6 Terrell Owens - somewhere

4.7 Lendale White

4.8 Jerious Norwood

4.9 Anquan Boldin

4.10 Roy Williams

4.11 Javon Walker

4.12 Plaxico

5.1 Bulger

5.2 Vince

Wow, 6, 7 and 8 might be a push. Still, at this stage, this is all just speculative fun.

That is exactly what I thought when Edge dropped to me at 8 and he KILLED me so trust me, you don't want a "proven" guy to fall to you as opposed to one of the aformentioned because it might bite you in da ass!

That might be true, but there were huge red flags all over Edge before this year started. It would be hard to let him slip into the 2nd round, but he just wasn't a 1st rounder in AZ. Remember the #1 rule in drafting - You don't win the league in the 1st round, but you sure can lose it there.

As all us dimwits that went with SA at #1 will testify. :D

I thought he'd drop off some from the previous year with Huchinson gone, but I don't think anyone saw his performance going over the cliff like it did. Taking Edge in rd 1 was debatable. Taking SA in the early 1st round still looked like a solid play. Hard to beat yourself up for that.

I want guys who score TD's on my team, not just big yards. Addai, MJD and Maroney if all starting will score a ton, while W Parker, R Brown, and F Gore wont.

Funny. I feel just the opposite. I don't want any part of a RBBC with my first pick - which Addai, MJD and Maroney all seem to be destined to be part of in 2007. I'd much rather have primary featured RBs like Parker, Brown, & Gore. I'll take a risk on RBBC RBs later in the draft.

Some good info here....mok drafts are going to be debated furiously come August.

That said, I just feel a little reluctant to spend my 1st round pick on a guy that has yet to prove he can carry a full load. While Maroney/Addai/MJD all have been impressive, they have done so in limited roles. Its much easier for an RB to look outstanding when he only touches the ball 10-15 times per game, and is fresh all season long. And while MJD had a great game this past weekend, he did so while not having to endure 14 prior weeks of 25-carry punishment.

And even with this reduced workload, MJD/Maroney/Addai were all hurt at various points this year...furthering my point that they have yet to prove they can physically handle the grind of a 16-game season.

Maybe I am risk averse, but I'd much rather take a Rudi Johnson-type RB late in the 1st round, than take a flier on a guy that has potential.

As all us dimwits that went with SA at #1 will testify. :D

i took SA #1 and managed to survive..and then survive the late season injuries to kevin jones and fred taylor

last week i started carson,shaun,rueben droughns(dropped KJ), and deangelo with cj,marques,javon, and matt jones(had him at the end of my bench all year,started him one other time, had a hunch hed make a play against my pats), rackers and vikes d...takin in 3k for second