[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IDP draft strategy

Tford

I'll be joining my second IDP league (first for cash) next year and to be honest, I had no clue what I was doing in my freebie league.

How does your drafting strategy change in standard IDP leagues compared to D/ST leagues? Standard offensive performance scoring; 1pt/tackle 3pt/sack or tackle loss 3pt/int 3pt/ff 3pt/rec fumble 6pt/TD 1pt/20 return yards 1pt/pass defensed

Rigid roster spots (no floating bench spots)

2 QB start 1

4 RB start 2

4 WR start 2

2 TE start 1

2 PK start 1

4 DL start 2

5 LB start 3

5 DB start 3

Any draft strategy help would be appreciated. Where would a guy start taking defensive studs? Where are the more important defensive spots; LB, DL or DB? Is it always better to take the MLB over the OLBs? Is it better to have safeties than CBs?

Thanks in advance for the tips.

Typically, I take IDP ahead of TE and K, depends on how their scoring compares in your particular format ... Best thing to do is immerse yourself in excel for a while with this year's stats and the scoring system of your new league -- looking at how various positions score in relation to one another (keying you in to what order you may want to consider positions) and how the top scorers at each IDP position score in relation to the next bubble of players within that position (keying you into how important it is to get one of the top ones rather than one of the generic guys).

God Bless Excel. :D

In the one league using IDPs that I play in, our scoring is skewed towards sacks but that can be a manic feast or famine way to live ... Soooo I like to fill one of my two IDP with a dependable LB (Bulluck, this year) who scores well week in and week out ... and then play risk/reward each week with a projected sackmaster from the waiver wire based on matchups (though I got hung up on JTaylor this year and consistently started those two).