[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Vick: A Real American Genius

The Vatican Hitsquad

Ron Mexico has a solid grasp on being a team leader, he knows all the important points of winning in the NFL: His own personal Stats, how cold it was in a NFC Championship game (next time he'll take said game more seriously), and making sure he gets home quick this New Years Eve.

Scroll down... http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

"Michael Vick continues to prove that, in reality, he's a glorified tailback with a strong throwing arm and marginal accuracy.

A quarterback he isn't, in any sense of the word. First and foremost, quarterbacks are leaders. We've presented in the past evidence to support our belief that Vick isn't. Most recently, he was wearing a groove in his back after setting the single-season quarterback rushing record in a defeat that dealt a crushing blow to his team's playoff prospects.

In a Wednesday conference call with Philadelphia reporters, Vick provided even more proof to support the conclusion that he's not a leader by taking steps to insulate himself from any blame for the team's 7-8 record.

"I rushed for [over] 1,000 yards this year," Vick said. "I threw a career-high 19 touchdowns, still one game to go. I've accomplished a lot of things. I think I've played consistently week in and week out. I can't say what more I could've done. What I can say is that I feel good about what I've accomplished this season."

So what went wrong for the team this year?

"I don't know. I can't really say," said Vick. "That's for you guys to go watch the film and see what really went wrong. Stat-wise, everything looks good. It looks gravy. I think we had a good year, but at the same time something didn't go right. That's the question that needs to be answered.

"Anytime you have over 3,000 yards of total offense in a season as a player, I think you should be in the winning bracket in the wins and loss column. You should have way more wins than you have losses."

Another account of the conference call includes an admission from Vick that he recalls little about the Falcons last visit to Philly, for the 2004 NFC Championship Game, other than the fact that it was cold and that he "wished he had taken it more seriously."

He also said that one of his priorities for the New Year's Eve game in Philly is to ensure that the Falcons get back to Atlanta before midnight.

Nice. Hey, Falcons fans, you and the "real" media created this monster. Now that he's crapping all over the furniture, what are you gonna do about it?"

Edited by The Vatican Hitsquad

"Anytime you have over 3,000 yards of total offense in a season as a player, I think you should be in the winning bracket in the wins and loss column. You should have way more wins than you have losses."

To me this statement shows how out of touch he is with the fact that football is a team sport and that one individual cannot carry a football team.

Bulger - 4053 (7-8)

Kitna - 3902 (2-13)

Palmer - 3784 (8-7)

Favre - 3600 (7-8)

Roethlisberger - 3233 (7-8)

Eli Manning - 3143 (7-8)

Of course things like teams trying to come back playing from behind will inflate a QB's passing numbers.

He also said that one of his priorities for the New Year's Eve game in Philly is to ensure that the Falcons get back to Atlanta before midnight.

That little gem was in the Philly Inquirer this Am...I actually chuckled out loud.

Gotta love when a QB, who is potentially playing for a playoff spot, is more concerned with getting home in time to party, rather than the game itself.

Vick is a joke, plain and simple.

Just think... he could have been a Charger! None of this would be an issue right now! He would be burried in press wasteland and the Chargers would still be crap! :D

How is it that this thread isn't swamped with Vick man-lovers telling us all that all he does is win (except this year, of course - but that's completely not his fault).

Or how is it that this thread isn't swamped with the hoards of Vick owners regaling us with stories of how Vick led them to their FF championship, destroying other teams in the process (oh, that's right, Vick sandwiched an awesome game in week 15 between a week 14 round 1 155 yd passing/0 TD/1 INT game that wiped out a good portion of Vick owners and his recent championship week 16 109 yds passing/0 TDs/2 INTs that most probably wiped out any Vick owners still left).

I guess that means they'll be cowering until next August, when they'll crawl out from under their rocks again & we'll all be told that Vick is the greatest player in the NFL again...

:sigh:

"Michael Vick continues to prove that, in reality, he's a glorified tailback with a strong throwing arm and marginal accuracy.

I don't think Vick would even be a good NFL tailback. It's one thing to average 8 yards per carry when you're taking off with the LBs 10 yards or more off the line in coverage and they can't leave their man until you cross the line of scrimmage. It's another thing to run with 8 guys in the box keying on you. I can't see Michael Vick taking a handoff up the middle or even off tackle and doing much with it. He may break a long one here or there, but no way he could take to pounding that an NFL RB takes.

I don't think Vick would even be a good NFL tailback. It's one thing to average 8 yards per carry when you're taking off with the LBs 10 yards or more off the line in coverage and they can't leave their man until you cross the line of scrimmage. It's another thing to run with 8 guys in the box keying on you. I can't see Michael Vick taking a handoff up the middle or even off tackle and doing much with it. He may break a long one here or there, but no way he could take to pounding that an NFL RB takes.

I agree..he does not have the build to be a RB. I have always said and still believe he is a all-pro type WR playing sub par QB.

PFT pulled those articles from the Philly area.

Those reporters did their best to bait Vick into saying things they could twist & spin negatively. Vick being the dumb butt he is, walked right into it & gave 'em plenty of ammo. :D

PFT pulled those articles from the Philly area.

Those reporters did their best to bait Vick into saying things they could twist & spin negatively. Vick being the dumb butt he is, walked right into it & gave 'em plenty of ammo. :D

Was it the same guys who pissed Pasquerelli off earlier this year?

You mean the Todd "Stinkston" comment? Pasquerelli showed how much of an idiot he was. Gotta love the response to Pasquarelli's "do you play WR in the NFL?" with "yeah on Playstation." :D

Yeah, that one. I used to think Pasq was on the level until I read about that and the history he has with pushing his friends clients.

How is it that this thread isn't swamped with Vick man-lovers telling us all that all he does is win (except this year, of course - but that's completely not his fault).

:sigh:

Because I still have wet dreams about the Ponys...

Vick is 16-19 since becoming a $100 million man.

Vick - the guy without heart.

Anyone who pulls himself from a game with the playoffs on the line is no leader (and incidentally, for you lamers who say he was hurt - he played the following week! Obviously he wasn't that hurt. Favre probably plays through worse pain on a weekly basis)

He's also a master at deflecting blame from himself and onto everyone else. You can't be a team leader with no accountability.

I agree..he does not have the build to be a RB. I have always said and still believe he is a all-pro type WR playing sub par QB.

His hands are small. This would make him a marginal WR (most of the time). He has trouble holding the ball when it ishanded to him.

Vick - the guy without heart.

Anyone who pulls himself from a game with the playoffs on the line is no leader (and incidentally, for you lamers who say he was hurt - he played the following week! Obviously he wasn't that hurt. Favre probably plays through worse pain on a weekly basis)

He's also a master at deflecting blame from himself and onto everyone else. You can't be a team leader with no accountability.

Careful, you're going to be branded a racist.