[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

if jets win and make playoffs ,

isleseeya

I think Mangini is deserving, but I think Sean Payton will get it. Even thought Payton has a world more talent to work with, he'll get the Katrina sympathy vote.

The Saints picked two spots before the Jets in the draft because they sucked that much worse than the Jets last year. The Jets also got their starting QB back this year and would've sucked even less if they had him in '05.

The Saints picked two spots before the Jets in the draft because they sucked that much worse than the Jets last year. The Jets also got their starting QB back this year and would've sucked even less if they had him in '05.

See, it's starting already. :D

Mangini and Payton both worked wonders with teams that were crumby last year, I'm just pointing out that the Saints weren't more talented than the Jets as you claimed.

OK, I'll give the Saints Pennington, Cedric Houston, Leon Washington, Coles and Cotchery and I'll take Brees, McAllister, Reggie Bush, Colsten and either Horn or Henderson.

I don't think the Saints would make that trade.

OK, I'll give the Saints Pennington, Cedric Houston, Leon Washington, Coles and Cotchery and I'll take Brees, McAllister, Reggie Bush, Colsten and either Horn or Henderson.

I don't think the Saints would make that trade.

Let's see here Brees & Duece coming off major surgery. Bush #1 pick, Colston who heard of him before the season, Horn #1 WR, Henderson a major bust until this year. Look at this bunch before the season and let's not forget our defense from last year and tell me they had more talent. They played better and yes they did jell into an elite offense but it was the coaching that got them there they were nowhere close before the season. There is no way you cannot give Payton coach of the year. Remember we not only made the playoffs we are the #2 seed, not needing a win the last week to make the playoffs. This from a 3-13 team predicted to finish last in their division.

Let's see here Brees & Duece coming off major surgery. Bush #1 pick, Colston who heard of him before the season, Horn #1 WR, Henderson a major bust until this year. Look at this bunch before the season and let's not forget our defense from last year and tell me they had more talent. They played better and yes they did jell into an elite offense but it was the coaching that got them there they were nowhere close before the season. There is no way you cannot give Payton coach of the year. Remember we not only made the playoffs we are the #2 seed, not needing a win the last week to make the playoffs. This from a 3-13 team predicted to finish last in their division.

You can also add: he replaced over half the roster from last year; only one of the opening day starting LBs was even on the team at the start of training camp; he made the decision to move Jamaal Brown to LT, a position he never had played before; and he traded the team's leading receiver from last season, a move laughed at by most "pundits". There's more, but those are the high points.

The Saints have lost 5 games by a total of 44 points. The Jets lost one of their games 41-0.

It's not a slight to Mangini, he's done a fine job, but this vote shouldn't even be close.

So, you're honestly telling me that the New York Jets have MORE talent than the New Orleans Saints? Is that REALLY what you're telling me?

Wow! That's awesome!

Because all I've been hearing all year is that Chad Pennington has a noodle for an arm, that the Jets have no runningback, that they have no gamebreakers at WR, that Chris Baker is a blocking TE but not a good receiver, that they can't stop the run, that their cornerbacks are medieocre and can't tackle, etc., etc, etc.

And all I've heard about is how great Reggie Bush is, how Colsten was the steal of the draft, how wonderful Drew Brees is and so on and so on.

Oh - and Duece McAllister DID come back from knee surgery, Curtis Martin did not. Did Sean Payton somehow do a better job rehabilitating McAllister's knee? You're going to give him credit for that? Bottom line is the Saints have FAR superior talent than the Jets, they play in the NFC which is an absolute joke

Seems to me Mangini did a better job playing the hand he was dealt than Payton. Payton was dealt a full house.

But now, when it comes to giving Mangini his due, you are going to sit there with a straight face and tell me that Sean Payton did a better job. That's laughable.

But, there was a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico last year, and people in New Orleans did decide to build their houses six feet below sea level so yes (duh!) they did get flooded and were displaced. So I guess Sean Payton is a better coach.

...replaced over half the roster from last year; only one of the opening day starting LBs was even on the team at the start of training camp...

Those are GM moves, we're talking about Coach of the Year here.

Start another thread if you want to discuss off-season moves.

Those are GM moves, we're talking about Coach of the Year here.

Start another thread if you want to discuss off-season moves.

Learn how an NFL team works, then come back and we can have an educated discussion...

But, there was a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico last year, and people in New Orleans did decide to build their houses six feet below sea level so yes (duh!) they did get flooded and were displaced. So I guess Sean Payton is a better coach.

Yer an idiot and a homer and I applaud you for that. :D