[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2006-07 Bowl W-L Records - Conference Teams

KevinL

Tech comes back to tie this game up late after being down 38-7 :D

I feel for you Golpher fans, refs giving 2 timeouts to the RedRaiders when they had none left, stoping the clock and preserving time, allowing them to kick the tieing FG with 5 seconds left, the game should have already ended. Poor officiating likely to decide another game this season :bash:

Regardless of that fact, great comeback.

:D Overtime here we come!

If the Gopher defense woulda stopped them instead of letting them get within inches of a first down, it would really be a non-issue wouldn't it?? :clap:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You let a team come all the way back like that then you SHOULD lose regardless.

Minnesota flat choked and needed to quite thinking about banging old Mary Rotten Crotch after the game and just play football till the 00:00. How in the world Mason still have his job in Minny???? Mason pratically slobber knobs OSU for the Buckeye job, then acts like nothing even happened when OSU hires Tress.

Mason has 3/1,000 rushers in the past 5 years not to mention 2 pretty decent qb's and still can not do anything with them.

Minny was in bad shape before Glenn, I understand that however there comes a point where you have to get over the hump.

Thank God OSU did not hire him.

If the Gopher defense woulda stopped them instead of letting them get within inches of a first down, it would really be a non-issue wouldn't it?? :D

Inches on the 2nd TO the refs gave them, but a FULL yard on the other TO Tech got. No doubt without that assisstance, Tech wouldn't have made it into FG range.

Where do the refs get off deciding games all the time :D

Inches on the 2nd TO the refs gave them, but a FULL yard on the other TO Tech got. No doubt without that assisstance, Tech wouldn't have made it into FG range.

Where do the refs get off deciding games all the time :D

May I remind you that Tech was doing just fine running the no-huddle at that point.

no updates to the first post?

Big 10 again looking not too good. Gotta add more fuel to the fire about what a weak conference the Big 10 is...

I got soul but I'm not Soldja

Iowa was looking pretty good vs UT for 2 1/2 quarters (haven't checked the game in a while). Minny looked like they were cruising through the first 3 quarters; Purdue and Minny just are marginal teams.

Big Ten will make progress once the big dogs - OSU, UM, and yes, UW - play.

Iowa was looking pretty good vs UT for 2 1/2 quarters (haven't checked the game in a while). Minny looked like they were cruising through the first 3 quarters; Purdue and Minny just are marginal teams.

Big Ten will make progress once the big dogs - OSU, UM, and yes, UW - play.

yeah, right on. Obviously Florida's got no chance. USC will lose to the Wolverines....can't help ya on UW, I think Oregon State wins

edit: did I say Oregon State? You knew I meant Arkansas

Edited by loaf

You let a team come all the way back like that then you SHOULD lose regardless.

Minnesota flat choked and needed to quite thinking about banging old Mary Rotten Crotch after the game and just play football till the 00:00. How in the world Mason still have his job in Minny???? Mason pratically slobber knobs OSU for the Buckeye job, then acts like nothing even happened when OSU hires Tress.

Mason has 3/1,000 rushers in the past 5 years not to mention 2 pretty decent qb's and still can not do anything with them.

Minny was in bad shape before Glenn, I understand that however there comes a point where you have to get over the hump.

Thank God OSU did not hire him.

I made a couple phone calls to the Minny Alumni club, but really did not think my rants would get anywhere.

:D

Iowa was a 6-6 team (Big Tens 9th place team), going against the Big 12's #3 (really #2) team, a 9 point dog, and playing on the road. If that makes the Big Ten terrible then I guess the Big Ten is terrible. They still got there top 4 teams to go. Ohio State is way too deep for Florida to handle, and already played there national championship game, Michigan vs USC is gonna be good, I think it's a toss up there. I don't think Arkansas can handle the power running game of Wisky. Only real game I'm VERY concerned about is Penn State vs Tennessee. But the vols aren't exactly great, and PSU's stingy D will give them a chance, plus Paterno is a pretty good bet in Bowl games.

Edited by GWPFFL BrianW

Iowa was a 6-6 team (Big Tens 9th place team), going against the Big 12's #3 (really #2) team, a 9 point dog, and playing on the road. If that makes the Big Ten terrible then I guess the Big Ten is terrible. They still got there top 4 teams to go. Ohio State is way too deep for Florida to handle, and already played there national championship game, Michigan vs USC is gonna be good, I think it's a toss up there. I don't think Arkansas can handle the power running game of Wisky. Only real game I'm VERY concerned about is Penn State vs Tennessee. But the vols aren't exactly great, and PSU's stingy D will give them a chance, plus Paterno is a pretty good bet in Bowl games.

Iowa did the Big 10 very PROUD!!!

It's not like they were a favorite playing against some WAC teams or something :D

Updated with the Louisville / Wake result. Big East continuing to just win.

Think most will agree that the Big East is a good conference. Sure they wish they could have demonstrated it by playing bowl games against more high profile teams. Being favored in every bowl game they played pretty much tells you how challenged they were.

Think most will agree that the Big East is a good conference. Sure they wish they could have demonstrated it by playing bowl games against more high profile teams. Being favored in every bowl game they played pretty much tells you how challenged they were.

Yep, I was really bummed for Rutgers sake that they got such a lame matchup in K-State. They deserved better than that. Of course, one could argue that they've had exactly two good years in basically forever, so they need to prove themselves to get a better bid.

Somebody had to play Wake and I was actually intrigued by the match-up. Specifically, one of those schools (Wake) ranks among the highest in terms of stressing academics in their program. The other, well, not so much.

Yep, I was really bummed for Rutgers sake that they got such a lame matchup in K-State. They deserved better than that. Of course, one could argue that they've had exactly two good years in basically forever, so they need to prove themselves to get a better bid.

Somebody had to play Wake and I was actually intrigued by the match-up. Specifically, one of those schools (Wake) ranks among the highest in terms of stressing academics in their program. The other, well, not so much.

Boise State's win over Oklahoma makes Rutgers great season simply a footnote when people write and discuss this 2006-07 season.

So, are we to take it that the Big East is the best conf then, at 4-0? Numbers can be deceptive...

as we found out, you have to play the game, and they did and went undefeated in 4 bowls. Maybe they are better than advertised. After seeing Boise, Im convinced they would go undefeated in the Pac- 10 and SEC West.

The Big East is very good at the top. There top 3 teams can go toe to toe with anyone. They also were pretty fortunate with the bowl slate too. USF, and Cincy both got freebies (we'll see if Cincy can pull it off vs Western Michigan) Louisville pulled probably the weakest of all the BCS teams, Rutgers got a 6-6 Big 12 team, but they hammered them, which was good for them. And WVU probably drew the toughest team in Georgia Tech. Kudos to the Big East for taking care of business, but no one should be shocked that they won any of those games. I believe they were favored in all of them.

They also were pretty fortunate with the bowl slate too.

Kudos to the Big East for taking care of business, but no one should be shocked that they won any of those games. I believe they were favored in all of them.

Exactly - I don't they'd have done so well vs. the OSUs, USCs and Florida's of the world. To Sarge's point, I can't really argue that Boise might've beaten USC in a squeaker (since we lost to f@#$g Beavs and Bruins,) but I don't think they'd get more that 10 wins either playing USC's schedule...

To sum it up, Boise State is capable of beating anyone in the country. But any top 10 team is capable of beating them as well. The issue is, do they deserve to play in the national title game? I hate the word deserve. I don't believe anyone deserves anything in this system.

I don't think they deserved a shot at OSU because they did not, until the other night beat a highly regarded team. Every other team in the discussion had beaten multiple ranked opponents and by that I mean teams that are perennially regarded as prominent teams on the National stage as well as teams that happened to be ranked this year.

One simple solution would be to require a team to play two non conference games per year against a team ranked in the BCS top 30 within the last 3-5 years to be eligible. If nothing else, we'd be given a better indication of the relative strengths of the conferences because there would be a more complete sample to judge by. If you want to make sure you're bowl eligible and just schedule cupcakes to make sure you go 4-0 out of conference, that's great. But if you somehow manage to run the table, you can't cry about being left out the big game.

as we found out, you have to play the game, and they did and went undefeated in 4 bowls. Maybe they are better than advertised. After seeing Boise, Im convinced they would go undefeated in the Pac- 10 and SEC West.

Then using that logic, I guess you believe they would go undefeated in the Big 12 as well, since they beat the "Conference Champ".