[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Michael Turner - I want to see him start somewhere!

McBoog

I think the Chargers need to get value for Michael Turner. It is a luxury to have him on the bench, but LT has a few years left on him and with Pinnock and Sproles, plus another draft coming up, they should be able to get some more depth behind LT.

I think a first round tender by the Chargers would kill any team looking at signing him. Should they sign him and trade him for less than the one and three? He is fresh, knows the NFL and the Chargers can get great return for their 5th round selection.

Assuming he goes somewhere else, where would his best fit be, and who needs him the most?

I really think the Texans could use him! His style would be perfect for the cut and go style Kubiac uses. This is not a rumor, just conjecture on my part. I think those two would go perfectly together. He is a great kid and I would love to see him start (preferably in the NFC :D ).

Lot's of speculation in NY about him coming to the Jets.

Not sure I'd give up that much for him though. I'd rather see more investment made in the offensive and defensive lines. RB is the last peice you fit into the puzzle, IMO, and the Jets' puzzle has more important missing peices right now.

A buddy and I were talking about Turner today. Every year, there are those backups or, more often, second-half wonders who, fantasy owners believe, will be studs if they're just given a chance to start somewhere for a full season. ATrain, Barlow, William Green, Kevin/Julius Jones -- there's been a long line of them the past few seasons. Studs for a half-season, duds the following full season.

Anyway, I can't help think that, while talented, Turner could be one of those guys who, if he's traded somewhere that he can start, might be overvalued heading into 2007, i.e. might be one of those guys that FF owners jump on wayyy too early in their drafts, like early second round, and end up being disappointed.

Then again, he could also have a Chester Taylor-type season if he lands in the right situation, so maybe I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. :D

I think we speculated about this not long ago, but the Jets seem an obvious choice. Green Bay could use a runner like Turner and Detroit may be looking, depending on the severity of Jones' injury.

Giants if they decide Jacobs isn't a starter, maybe?

I think the Chargers need to get value for Michael Turner. It is a luxury to have him on the bench, but LT has a few years left on him and with Pinnockdon't know anything about him, details? and Sprolesnot the answer after LT, plus another draft coming up, they should be able to get some more depth behind LT.

I think a first round tender by the Chargers would kill any team looking at signing him. Should they sign him and trade him for less than the one and three? He is fresh, knows the NFL and the Chargers can get great return for their 5th round selection.You'd think they would want to get something for him, but I'm not so sure they move him

Assuming he goes somewhere else, where would his best fit be, and who needs him the most?Texans, Jets, Raiders, Clev, GB, Det, Atl all seem like possibilities.

I really think the Texans could use him! His style would be perfect for the cut and go style Kubiac uses. This is not a rumor, just conjecture on my part. I think those two would go perfectly together. He is a great kid and I would love to see him start (preferably in the NFC :D ).

What's you friend in the organization have to say?

Edited by Hat Trick

What's you friend in the organization have to say?

1- He is not front office, and they are very tight lipped about everything they do.

2- He deals mostly with the players on a daily basis and they are focused more on playing now than what might happen after the season.

There is no real talk about any of this, just conjecture on my part.

What is the better gamble for a team, a hard running Turner with experience, or a hot shot rook with loads of potential.

Turner has carried the full game load through most of the pre-season games (not the same, I know), but is untested, as was LJ for a whole season.

The potential is there, but unrealized. What do these teams listed above give up for a guy like this?

:D ................. :D

Turner could be the next Kevan Barlow or Lamont Jordan. He is in a perfect situation right now. You put him behind a bad line he will s*ck.

Priest Holmes went from Baltimore to KC and became a household name, if Turner lands in a situation like Chester Taylor did, or Philly, he could be an elite back, because they have a excellent OL.

(Incumbent) certainly isn't the answer in (NFL city). I bet he could make an impact as one of the (NFL team) once they rebuild that line.

Changed to be same for alot of NFL teams.

The incumbent RB sucks, but if they rebuild the line a brand spanking new RB will rule the world.

Anyone else see the faulty thinking in this?

What if they rebuild the line? Perhaps the incumbent will do just fine.