[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fried pickles

tonyr0802

i have never tried them.... here is one from emeril

FRIED PICKLES

Recipe Courtesy of Emeril Lagasse

12 dill pickle spears

Essence, recipe follows

3 cups flour

2 egg yolks

3/4 to 1 cup beer

Pinch of baking powder

Salt and pepper

Oil for frying

Preheat the fryer. Season the pickles with Essence. Season 1 cup of flour with Essence. In a mixing bowl, whisk the yolks and 3/4 cup of the beer. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Whisk in enough flour to form a batter. If the batter is too thick add the remaining beer to thin the batter. Dredge the spears in the seasoned flour. Dip the spears in the batter, letting the excess drip off and coating the spears completely. Gently lay the spears in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the spears from the oil and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season the spears with Essence. Serve the spears with ketchup

i have never tried them.... here is one from emeril

FRIED PICKLES

Recipe Courtesy of Emeril Lagasse

12 dill pickle spears

Essence, recipe follows

3 cups flour

2 egg yolks

3/4 to 1 cup beer

Pinch of baking powder

Salt and pepper

Oil for frying

Preheat the fryer. Season the pickles with Essence. Season 1 cup of flour with Essence. In a mixing bowl, whisk the yolks and 3/4 cup of the beer. Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Whisk in enough flour to form a batter. If the batter is too thick add the remaining beer to thin the batter. Dredge the spears in the seasoned flour. Dip the spears in the batter, letting the excess drip off and coating the spears completely. Gently lay the spears in the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the spears from the oil and drain on a paper-lined plate. Season the spears with Essence. Serve the spears with ketchup

:D

:D

I've never tried them either but there is a little bar near me that everyone says has great ones. I may have to go there and try them......and a few beers :D

They also brew their own beer but I don't really care for it.

Are you in Raleigh? Sawmill tap room serves and supposed to be real good. Haven/t tried them yet.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, after some sidetracking for personal reasons we finally gave this recipe a shot. All in all, especially for a first timer, they didn't turn out that bad. Emeril's recipe was pretty good, but I'll have to say it produced a crust that was a little to thick/crispy for my taste.

All in all though, I'd make these using this recipe again if I had nothing else. If anyone has a good recipe out there feel free to post it.

I made some this past weekend.

Sliced pickles patted dry

1/2 flour 1/2 Tony's mixture

Dredge in flour mixture, then egg, then flour mixture again.

Deep fry at 365 for about 2-3 minutes.

Pretty easy.

Edit: I guess I differed in that I didn't really create a batter like emerils.

Edited by twiley