[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas Tech vs. Minnesota

Ziachild007

With the Trilica FG to end regulation, Tech has now reeled off 31 unanswered points to take it to overtime. They started off terribly, but it seems they have managed to get the momentum rolling in their favor now. :D

nfl network. Gophers blew a 38-7 lead. Just awful.

Looked like to me Leach made adjusments and the gophers had no answer for the s p r e a d offense. Too dam funny I think, I hope Leach stays right where he is at. Leach at a Miami, or a storied SEC program could be dam scary. He needs to stay in Lubbock where he has very little recruiting power amoung elite high school football stars. Guess Raiders beat gophers too :D

nfl network. Gophers blew a 38-7 lead. Just awful.

Not crazy about this NFL network crap. First Rutgers now this game. Kept looking for the game after the Maryland game and just figured I was just missing the game due to commercial breaks. Now I'm just ticked. To me the NFL network is following in the same footsteps as what I heard someone say about boxing. The sport of boxing has lost an entire generation due to the fact that most young kids today have really never seen a true championship fight because of the pay per view. Yeh, it might be good for the pocketbook in the short term for the sports promoters, but if they are not careful people might just find another sport to watch & support.

Looked like to me Leach made adjusments and the gophers had no answer for the s p r e a d offense. Too dam funny I think, I hope Leach stays right where he is at. Leach at a Miami, or a storied SEC program could be dam scary. He needs to stay in Lubbock where he has very little recruiting power amoung elite high school football stars. Guess Raiders beat gophers too :D

I agree... but 38-7. Geez.

Is this where TheOSU comes in and says that since Tech was the favorite going in and had to be the beneficiary of one of the biggest tank jobs in history that it should be counted as a loss for Tech? Or does that only apply to Pac 10 teams?

Is this where TheOSU comes in and says that since Tech was the favorite going in and had to be the beneficiary of one of the biggest tank jobs in history that it should be counted as a loss for Tech? Or does that only apply to Pac 10 teams?

Exactly! Golphers got jobbed down the stretch, no if, ands, or buts about it. If not for the refs stopping the clock twice in the final 25 seconds the measure for "fantasy" first downs, Tech never got, the clock would have ran out. The Golpher coaching staff was INRAGED by the officials letting Tech go to the sidelines as if they took a timeout, they never had , for them to measure for a first down, NO ONE in the entire stadium knew they were even close, a full yard short. It's one thing to stop a team with all the momentum, but to have the refs jump in and allow 2 TO's for them, is just plain CHEATING!

Outstanding comeback from Tech, but let's face it, there'd be not victory of OT , had the refs not chimed in. :D

I never post in here usually but I "watched" the game on the Yahoo live update last night and I am so sick about this result I can't even bring myself to read the newspaper this morning. This can stand alongside the total collapse against Michigan and the blocked punt loss to Wisconsin, amongst other Gopher disasters.

This program is totally snakebit. :D

I never post in here usually but I "watched" the game on the Yahoo live update last night and I am so sick about this result I can't even bring myself to read the newspaper this morning. This can stand alongside the total collapse against Michigan and the blocked punt loss to Wisconsin, amongst other Gopher disasters.

This program is totally snakebit. :D

What's with the Big 10? Early this season it was Michigan State now Minnesota involved in record setting comeback losses?

What's with the Big 10? Early this season it was Michigan State now Minnesota involved in record setting comeback losses?

No idea, ask someone who has college knowledge. I'm no college expert - I just root for my local U and have seen this happen over and over again. (I also root for the Badgers because my daughter went there and I've been to three of their games).

No idea, ask someone who has college knowledge. I'm no college expert - I just root for my local U and have seen this happen over and over again. (I also root for the Badgers because my daughter went there and I've been to three of their games).

Maybe it's the same reason I'm expecting my New Orleans Saints to find a way NOT TO WIN?

Exactly! Golphers got jobbed down the stretch, no if, ands, or buts about it. If not for the refs stopping the clock twice in the final 25 seconds the measure for "fantasy" first downs, Tech never got, the clock would have ran out. The Golpher coaching staff was INRAGED by the officials letting Tech go to the sidelines as if they took a timeout, they never had , for them to measure for a first down, NO ONE in the entire stadium knew they were even close, a full yard short. It's one thing to stop a team with all the momentum, but to have the refs jump in and allow 2 TO's for them, is just plain CHEATING!

Outstanding comeback from Tech, but let's face it, there'd be not victory of OT , had the refs not chimed in. :D

Perhaps then, you'll be kind enough to give us the true results to all the bowl games when the season is over. Right now, all we have to go on are final scores and you know how useless those are.

Not crazy about this NFL network crap. First Rutgers now this game. Kept looking for the game after the Maryland game and just figured I was just missing the game due to commercial breaks. Now I'm just ticked. To me the NFL network is following in the same footsteps as what I heard someone say about boxing. The sport of boxing has lost an entire generation due to the fact that most young kids today have really never seen a true championship fight because of the pay per view. Yeh, it might be good for the pocketbook in the short term for the sports promoters, but if they are not careful people might just find another sport to watch & support.

I agree that it was annoying not being able to catch the end of the game. I got home from work just in time for the meltdown and would have like to watch. Especially in light of the alleged bad calls for measurements.

That said, comparing denying the sports public access to the Texas Bowl and Insight Bowl will not likely have the same consequence that introducing a new generation to boxing on mainstream TV did. I mean, who watches those two bowls (that barely have a good reason to exist) but degenerate gamblers and football freaks like us? They start putting the Rose Bowl on pay-per-view...now you've got a problem.

Before the game, I didn't hear a single person on the airwaves that predicted the Gophers would or could pull off a win against that high-powered offense. Maybe after a 38-7 lead, you'd get some believers for awhile but that was a hugh defeat.

This should be the new "agony of defeat" poster child.

I think you need to rewatch the game you gopher lover, the first measurement Tech was about 1/2 yard short, which is a questionable measurement. But the second was within inches, and the clocked was stopped anyway cause Tech stopped the clock when the receiver went out of bounds, IMO the 2nd measurement gave Minn's D time to get ready for the next play. Say what you want but it was a very impressive comeback, hell the key to the tie was the last pass tech tried fell incomplete, if its complete the clock runs out b4 the filed goal att.

I think you need to rewatch the game you gopher lover, the first measurement Tech was about 1/2 yard short, which is a questionable measurement. But the second was within inches, and the clocked was stopped anyway cause Tech stopped the clock when the receiver went out of bounds, IMO the 2nd measurement gave Minn's D time to get ready for the next play. Say what you want but it was a very impressive comeback, hell the key to the tie was the last pass tech tried fell incomplete, if its complete the clock runs out b4 the filed goal att.

Exactly what i said. Had the refs not given Tech a free TO, by measuring for a first down, that was obvious to anyone watching, was at least 2-3 feet short, that would have cost at least 7-8 seconds, and Tech never would have had time to kick a FG, unless it was from 65 yards.