[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calling Out Denver Fans

spain

I havent seen many Broncos games this year. I was wondering what you guys think of Cutler. Did Shanahan do the right thing in 1. Trading up to draft Cutler and 2. Benching Plummer in the middle of the season in favor of the rookie? What are you guys thoughts on Cutler so far this year and going forward?

I like the kid a lot. As long as Shanahan is here, I think he will mold Cutler into a great QB. Never really liked Plummer, no reason in particular. Some things I'll have to see him do in the playoffs before I even think of using him in the same sentance as Elway but for the most part I like what I've seen.

I have no idea if he's going to be a great QB. I liked how he looked in preseason, and so far this year as a starter he's made a few rookie mistakes and a few big plays. His assets seem to be a great arm, a fighting spirit when behind, and a pretty good head. If he improves his reads and becomes a leader, he'll be a great player (but so would any rookie QB).

I do know this though: He's better than Jake Plummer.

If some other team can figure out what cocktail of ritalin, focusin, and lithium Kubiak was injecting Plummer with last year to keep him from being a total flake, then Jake may be a starter again in the NFL, but not for us.

Edited by AtomicCEO

What I have seen (which is two full games) I have liked. Two throws he made, in particular, in that Cincy game were top notch: the TD to his tight end Scheffler was hard and on the money. A split second later and that ball was going to be picked off and taken in for a td the other way. No way in hell Plummer could have made that throw. Later on, he made a third down (I think) conversion to Kircus where he rolled to his right and threw a dead on spiral. The receiver didn't have to break stride or reach for it. THAT is what this offense has needed.

From a fan's perspective, I like the fact that Cutler is an original Bronco, ie. drafted. Plummer was always just this guy from Arizona, who for some reason Shanahan fell in love with. Bronco fans really wanted to get behind Griese when he became the qb, but because he wasn't a leader, he couldn't make it work. Well, that and the drinking.

I don't think that Denver fans are seriously thinking that Cutler can take the team to the Super Bowl this year, but I think we've seen enough potential to realize that they can build a team around him.

If some other team can figure out what cocktail of ritalin, focusin, and lithium Kubiak was injecting Plummer with last year to keep him from being a total flake, then Jake may be a starter again in the NFL, but not for us.

It would have been adderall, but it has amphetamines which is a banned substance. What? Oh, you were joking...

cutler has the makings of a top 5 NFL QB. i really think VY and leinart do too, 2006 may go down as one of the great QB drafts. but IMO cutler may be the safest bet of the 3 to be a good-to-great QB year in, year out, because his talents make the best direct translation to success in the NFL.

It may go down as one of the best drafts period. QB, RB, WR and TE are all solid. LB is too.

poorly worded. "Calling out" is not what you should have used...Calling out is more in line with "my team is gonna panty raid your team and leave your cheerleaders in the dryer"...Denver Homers, What do you think of Cutler's prospects?

It would have been adderall, but it has amphetamines which is a banned substance. What? Oh, you were joking...

Especially since focusin is an invention of the Simpsons... but I wish I knew what made him go from suck to good and back again. It was like a light switch.