[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iowa vs Texas

theeohiostate

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess i'm not the only one ignorant about the rules, i suppose the announcers who stated it was VERY questionable, and the coaching staff have another thing to learn as well. Maybe someone as versed in the game as you think you are, should apply for an officiating job :clap:

Who's looking stupid now.................stupid! :bash:

Yeah but after a chance to look at the replays(during halftime) the announcers said it was the RIGHT call. So who looks like the a$$ now????? :D:D

Edited by LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe

The reverse call on first down by Iowa was just terrible. Great game though.

Just flat awfull call!!!!! Why with like 2:50 left and your on the Texas 48 do you bring the ball back 12-15 yards on a wr reverse pass option that play cost them a shot at a last second field goal.

The pass in the endzone after the touchdown call back also just flat dumb. Kirk is a good coach, but wow he made 2 bad calls there and I think Iowa had a real good chance at taking that game. Texas was sitting on that call to the endzone and there goes another 3 points.

Just watned to ask why were there some many Sooners fans dressed in yellow at the Iowa, UT game???? Being that they were flashing the down with Whorns sign, which is OU's sign, we use it no matter who we play!!!!! Thanks to all the Iowa fans who root for the sooners!!!!!!

I did not know OU had a patten on the horns down hand sign. :D

Not that it matters, but when you run out of bounds, the clock stops.

Like you I don't think it would have made a difference in th outcome, but the Texas RB did appear to be OB enough to warrant a review. Put 40 seconds back on the clock and you never know. Overall a fairly entertaining game. Would think most Iowa fans were probably relieved the game wasn't a blowout but later on will realize that game was there for the taking.

Like you I don't think it would have made a difference in th outcome, but the Texas RB did appear to be OB enough to warrant a review. Put 40 seconds back on the clock and you never know. Overall a fairly entertaining game. Would think most Iowa fans were probably relieved the game wasn't a blowout but later on will realize that game was there for the taking.

Pretty obvious he was out of bounds, but like so many other calls in this game , it went against the visitors from the North. Difficult to beat Texas in Texas, almost have to bribe someone to do it, actually.

Pretty obvious he was out of bounds, but like so many other calls in this game , it went against the visitors from the North. Difficult to beat Texas in Texas, almost have to bribe someone to do it, actually.

Heard Michigan fans feel the same way about playing the Bucks in Ohio. :D

Heck try playing a road game in the state of Alabama. :D

I agree, rocker, neither Texas nor Iowa can say they dominated the football game. The better team won though (they better be the better team for god sakes, Iowa is 6-6 going in). I knew Iowa wasn't going to lay down for them, and they played well all things considering. Iowa hs a VERY young team, particularly on defense, so I'm excited about next year. Obviously though, the QB will be the big question mark. Jake didn't look too good in his one series, nor did he look good against the Goofers in his one series there either.

I agree, rocker, neither Texas nor Iowa can say they dominated the football game. The better team won though (they better be the better team for god sakes, Iowa is 6-6 going in). I knew Iowa wasn't going to lay down for them, and they played well all things considering. Iowa hs a VERY young team, particularly on defense, so I'm excited about next year. Obviously though, the QB will be the big question mark. Jake didn't look too good in his one series, nor did he look good against the Goofers in his one series there either.

Like I said before, trust me this lost will likely hurt more a week or two from now. Your team had several opportunities to win this game. Nothing to be ashamed of that's for sure. Overall Iowa certainly represented the Big 10 well tonight even though they did not get the win. :D

Gotta say, I was rather stunned at the photo I saw in today's paper showing the Texas players celebrating. One guy had his hands over his face looking up to the sky the same way you see dudes who just won Wimbeldon doing. I mean, not that they should have been blase about it but c'mon. Congrats Texas, you just beat a .500 Iowa team.

Gotta say, I was rather stunned at the photo I saw in today's paper showing the Texas players celebrating. One guy had his hands over his face looking up to the sky the same way you see dudes who just won Wimbeldon doing. I mean, not that they should have been blase about it but c'mon. Congrats Texas, you just beat a .500 Iowa team.

Personally that's the kind of stuff I like about college football. Young kids have a tendency to display more emotions. Probably alot alot of pressure for Texas to win this game. No one wants to go into the offseason with a loss or lose their last college football game of their careers, especially to a team you were expected to handle with relative ease.

Personally that's the kind of stuff I like about college football. Young kids have a tendency to display more emotions. Probably alot alot of pressure for Texas to win this game. No one wants to go into the offseason with a loss or lose their last college football game of their careers, especially to a team you were expected to handle with relative ease.

I hear you but it really seemed from the photo like they just won the NC or something.