[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iowa vs Texas

theeohiostate

I hear you but it really seemed from the photo like they just won the NC or something.

Was coaching a 6th grade basketball game in a consolation game a few years back with the scored tied and one of our players was shooting a free throw to win it. One of the parents took a picture which included our bench and you could see one of my bench warmers on his knees praying. Now that was a little over the top. :D

Edited by Rockerbraves

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I found the photo, maybe it isn't so bad but that guy on the left better not be covering his eyes in the utter disbelief that he "finally reached the proverbial mountain top"

Decide for yourself. Of course the fireworks don't help

He does seem overly excited. Thought I would check him out.

Limas Sweed #04 JUNIOR (2006) - Hometown: Brenham, TX (Brenham)

A big, fast and athletic fourth-year wide receiver who has started 32 consecutive games ... recorded 102 catches (No. 8 on UT's all-time list) for 1,539 yards (No. 10 on UT's all-time list) and 16 TDs (T-No. 2 on UT's all-time list) in 36 career games ... started all 12 games in 2006 ... earned first-team All-Big 12 honors ... leads the team with 43 catches for 731 yards and 11 TDs (No. 2 on UT's single-season list) ... started all 13 games in 2005 ...

Iowa played a great game and turned around and handed it away. I think Kirk has done great things for Iowa, however he needs to get them over the top soon or I would look elsewhere. I would say maybe a 3 year window.

Veteran QB, but very young everywhere else. I really don't know who the QB is gonna be next year. They will have some guys challenge Jake. Keep in mind, I wasn't terribly impressed with Drew Tate his freshie years in 2003 either, and he turned out pretty good. I'm glad he went out like he did, after struggling all year long in his senior season. We shall see. Looks like its Michigans conference to lose next year, although obviously Ohio State will just re-load, but they will have a new QB as well, and as we've seen this year, QB play is so ultra important in college footoball. I mean look at Texas. Colt is a fine QB, but I think Vince Young was a huge band-aid on a very flawed football team. Theres no way a 6-6 Iowa team shoulda been able to hang around like that.