[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darrent Williams, Denver CB

heydave76

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad story. This guy was also one of the best scoring DB in the league.

Definetly. This guy played with a lot of passion.

Felt very lucky to snatch him off the WW in my BOTH Dynasty league this year...

My prayers go out to his family.

I heard that there was an altercation previously in the nightclub. What you have to understand is that when athletes are in public places, where testosterone is a plenty, and the alcohol flows free, there are guys that are going to start Athenae just for kicks. From what I have heard about this, it was just some nutjob gangsta that Darrent unfortunately ran afowl of. Sickening.

I heard that there was an altercation previously in the nightclub. What you have to understand is that when athletes are in public places, where testosterone is a plenty, and the alcohol flows free, there are guys that are going to start Athenae just for kicks. From what I have heard about this, it was just some nutjob gangsta that Darrent unfortunately ran afowl of. Sickening.

And Athenae is usually started by people with a lot less to lose than Darrent williams. Very sad.

Tragic.....and my first thoughts were totally different in this case, TOS.

I applauded that he took a limo.....not try to drive himself and guests around. Unfortunately.....that may have made him a bigger target.

Most of the time....I'm with Parcells in his statement "Nothing good ever happens at 3am." But...the Broncos had a late game. Last game of the season.....AND it WAS NYE. So I expect there were a LOT of people still out at 3am in Denver. Not just athletes or thugs.

Given the statistical spike in spousal abuse calls after Denver losses.....my first thought was a disgruntled fan targeting a limo or following them from a club.

The story is still young.....but there's NO evidence he was doing anything wrong at all.

Senseless.

Makes me wonder if Denver had won would he still be with us? Denver would have had a playoff game the next week so would it have been business as usual? A shame regardless. Sad sad story indeed. :D

I have read the words "unbelievable" and "unreal" way too many times in this thread. It isn't the 70's anymore. This is the world we live in. Just one of the first of many.

Driveby shootings are "normal" where you live? If that's true move out of Bagdad and back to the USA.

In cases where utter shock are evident many people are at a loss for words. That was the case for me too when I read this.

Driveby shootings are "normal" where you live? If that's true move out of Bagdad and back to the USA.

In cases where utter shock are evident many people are at a loss for words. That was the case for me too when I read this.

They are not in any way "normal" in the county where I live and like most counties or town's there are some bad parts not that far away but I dont hear about drive by shooting even in the bad area's ever. I think Hawk21 has watched too many gangsta movies or rap video's.

I could not believe it when I saw this. I am still just shocked and completely blown away that the NFL has lost such a great talent like this.

It is amazing that someone cannot enjoy a night out without worrying about something like this.

The first thing I thought of when I heard this was when Dimebag Darrell, guitarist for Pantera, was just gunned down on stage. To say it is a "black athelete" issue is ridiculous. Celebrities just aren't safe in public period as long as there are freaking psychos running amok.

Tragic story to cap off what has been, up to now, a great NFL season.

:D

Same thing happened to Former Minnesota Twin Lyman Bostock. He was shot because the shooter thought he was someone else. Very tragic.

I remember him. When he was a FA didn't he also offer to play for free the first year because he didn't have a good year? The owner turned it down but the offer was nice.

Break in Darrent Williams Investigation: Denver police are looking for a '98 Chevy Tahoe with license plate 665-OBS, registered to Brian Hicks. A known gang member, Hicks is already in jail on attempted murder charges. Tune to Newsradio 850 KOA for the latest.

This was just posted on www.850koa.com

Edited by stoperat

I remember him. When he was a FA didn't he also offer to play for free the first year because he didn't have a good year? The owner turned it down but the offer was nice.

Yea, good call. He offered to give back his money for the month of April. I've never heard of that before but here is the link about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyman_Bostock

Edited by MikesVikes

From what I remember reading Darrent wasn't even involved in the altercation, but was simply the one who fell victim when the limo was sprayed with bullets. I hope they catch the pieces of sh!t who did this and throw away the key.

Edited by Crazysight

Yea, good call. He offered to give back his money for the month of April. I've never heard of that before but here is the link about him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyman_Bostock

I remember those Twins teams. Bostock, Rod Carew, Larry Hisle, some of the first free agents that I remember . Hisle became a Brewer. I forget that Bostock was killed.

"He was batting .296 when on September 23, 1978 he was shot and killed in Gary, Indiana while riding in the backseat of his uncle's car. The shooter was aiming for his estranged wife, who was sitting next to Bostock. That man, Leonard Smith, was found not guilty by reasons of insanity, and was released in 1980 from an Indiana Mental Hospital, because he was deemed to "no longer be insane" :D

Edited by Randall