[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darrent Williams, Denver CB

heydave76

It looks like they're on the right track. Here's the latest:

(KFFL) The Associated Press reports police have impounded a 1998 Chevrolet Tahoe they believe might have been used in a drive-by shooting that killed Denver Broncos CB Darrent Williams Jan. 1. Passers-by spotted the vehicle parked south of Denver International Airport and called police anonymously. The vehicle was spray-painted black on the sides, front and back, but the top remained white. The SUV had license plates that matched the one investigators were searching for, with the rear plate spray-painted and the front plate unaltered. Police spokesman Sonny Jackson said, "It appears there was an attempt to disguise."

Edited by Crazysight

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember those Twins teams. Bostock, Rod Carew, Larry Hisle, some of the first free agents that I remember . Hisle became a Brewer. I forget that Bostock was killed.

"He was batting .296 when on September 23, 1978 he was shot and killed in Gary, Indiana while riding in the backseat of his uncle's car. The shooter was aiming for his estranged wife, who was sitting next to Bostock. That man, Leonard Smith, was found not guilty by reasons of insanity, and was released in 1980 from an Indiana Mental Hospital, because he was deemed to "no longer be insane" :D

Gotta love those "insanity" laws. Bostock didn't get the chance to plead anything...

Edited by Crazysight

From what I remember reading Darrent wasn't even involved in the altercation, but was simply the one who fell victim when the limo was sprayed with bullets. I hope they catch the pieces of sh!t who did this and throw away the key.

Me too. They probably aren't very smart and should be caught pretty soon.

More

The SUV is registered to Brian Kenneth Hicks, according to police sources. Hicks, 28, is being held in jail on charges that he tried to kill two women outside a nightclub in 2005, although neither woman was injured in the shooting attack, and on a separate charge of intending to distribute 8.8 pounds of cocaine.

The SUV police were seeking in connection with the Darrent Williams murder had been inexpertly painted a dark color with the exception of its roof. It was found abandoned early Jan. 4, 2007. (9News)

One of the women Hicks is accused of shooting at in 2005, Kalonniann Clark, was shot to death during a home-invasion robbery on Dec. 6. No arrests have been made.

Hicks was behind bars at the time Clark was killed, as well as when Williams was shot.

Hicks' wife, Kimaya James, was arrested two days before Clark was killed on allegations that she threatened Clark if she testified against Hicks at his attempted-murder trial.

When contacted at her home Thursday, James declined to talk about who might have been driving her husband's Tahoe, saying to do so wouldn't be "doing any good."

"I ask people to pray for us," James said. "We are victims in all of this, too."

Status and influence

Denver prosecutor David Karpel on Wednesday identified Hicks as a member of the "Tre Tre Crip" gang.

The Rev. Leon Kelly, who works with youths in danger of joining gangs and is considered an expert on Denver gang activity, said that the fact that Hicks is accused of intending to distribute 8.8 pounds of cocaine is an indicator that he had gained status and influence within the gang.

"Dealing that much weight in drugs gives you a lot of clout," Kelly said. "That's a lot of flake."

Hicks' SUV was taken to the Denver Sheriff's Department Vehicle Impound Facility on the 5200 block of Columbine Street.

One person at the party who left before any trouble broke out said she was later told by others who stayed that a group of Williams' friends from Fort Worth, Texas, appeared to flash gang signs at the club and another group took offense.

Police did not confirm that account.

Edited by Randall

When contacted at her home Thursday, James declined to talk about who might have been driving her husband's Tahoe, saying to do so wouldn't be "doing any good."

"I ask people to pray for us," James said. "We are victims in all of this, too."

Status and influence

What a <Ban me! Ban me now!>en a$$hole, F YOU, YOU <This word is why I am now banned>1NG B1TCH

Is she a TOTAL a$$hole in life? Some gigantic balls on her, she knows who had that car and she knows who killed that woman. F HER HARD.

On the radio this morning, they stated this is definitely gang related (Crips), and that a witness who was coming forward (either on this or the one he's in jail for) was killed, so no one is talking. Comparison to the mob was made.

Was I the only one who has heard that?

I was watching On The Record for some strange reason earlier this week and Gretta interviewed two of Darrent's cousins. Holy crap, these guys were dressed like complete gang-bangers... on a heavily-watched cable news show. I'm not surprised that this was a gang-related shooting if those are the kind of people that Darrent was associating with.

Supposedly Williams was actually a good guy, but family and friends were still somewhat gangster like - don't believe there was anything targetted so much as a gang problem at a club that turned into a shooting and he got caught in the middle.

Supposedly Williams was actually a good guy, but family and friends were still somewhat gangster like - don't believe there was anything targetted so much as a gang problem at a club that turned into a shooting and he got caught in the middle.

Ray Lewis probably could have taught him a lesson about being very careful about who you associate with as a wealthy public figure.

In this sad story, a couple of darkly funny things have stuck out:

1. These complete f'n knuckleheads spray-painting the whole car black EXCEPT THE SHINY WHITE ROOF THAT IS THE FIRST THING HELICOPTERS WOULD SPOT, and then spraying over one plate but keeping the other legit one totally in tact and visible. By same token, if they were connected and/or remotely competent gang bangers, they'd have had some stolen tags on there, pronto.

2. A Reverend describing cocaine as "flake".

Sad all around. Haven't read evetything on this story, but it sounds like Williams was a good egg who just had some rotten ones around him.

In this sad story, a couple of darkly funny things have stuck out:

1. These complete f'n knuckleheads spray-painting the whole car black EXCEPT THE SHINY WHITE ROOF THAT IS THE FIRST THING HELICOPTERS WOULD SPOT, and then spraying over one plate but keeping the other legit one totally in tact and visible. By same token, if they were connected and/or remotely competent gang bangers, they'd have had some stolen tags on there, pronto.

2. A Reverend describing cocaine as "flake".

Sad all around. Haven't read evetything on this story, but it sounds like Williams was a good egg who just had some rotten ones around him.

I found that a little ridiculous myself.

What a <Ban me! Ban me now!>en a$$hole, F YOU, YOU <This word is why I am now banned>1NG B1TCH

Is she a TOTAL a$$hole in life? Some gigantic balls on her, she knows who had that car and she knows who killed that woman. F HER HARD.

I agree completely. Sh!t like this really p!sses me off. She's nothing but a cold-hearted c-u-n-t.

I think all of the people involved in this (including the guy in jail) need to be given the Saddam treatment.

Edited by Crazysight

There are a whole bunch of folks out there who think the thug life is "cool". Any slights or perceived slights and they go straight to the Mac 10 or Tech 9. When a generation or 2 of inner city children are raised without fathers in a hostile environment, you get adults who have no respect for authority or the law. Darrent Williams was an innocent victim to this type of uncivilized hooligans who think nothing of killing people. It is just a shame that he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sh!t like this is terrorism though..it's organized crime against the state in the same way that Al Qaeda is. The government should intercede on this type of thing in the same exact way as it does with Al Qaeda. If this bich and her friends don't want to cooperate than they should be taken to military prison and given military trials, or just simply taken out in the same way that you do an associate of Bin Laden's.

Edited by Crazysight