[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Quest Begins

Chief Dick

As most of you know, the Chiefs won their first and only Super Bowl in 1970, following the 1969 season. I was born in 1969, so I have been alive for every Chiefs Super Bowl victory. And those men proudly wear that Super Bowl ring on their ring fingers.

Thus, as we embark on a Super Bowl run, it occurred to me that the Super Bowl rings our players will be wearing after this season will need a new finger on which to place them. So I dub this playoff run to be called:

"The Quest for the Middle Finger"

And here is how it shall come to pass:

As you know, our dear owner Lamar Hunt passed away several weeks ago. He was a great leader in the NFL, and was persistent in getting things done. So essentially, Lamar had to sometimes metaphorically give the "middle finger" to the establishment and to the status quo to make things happen. So it all started yesterday, when Lamar gave a heavenly "middle finger" to the other potential playoff teams in order to assure the Chiefs made the playoffs. Lamar, after all, had tried to get the NFL to expand the playoff system for the last several years when it was clear the Chiefs couldn't make it on their own. Thus, Lamar died on purpose so he could have the "Ultimate Middle Finger Power". Thank you Lamar. :clap:

Now, here is the road to the Super Bowl, and you will see the power of the "middle finger" unfold, much like the power of a squirrel pumping iron with a straw hat.

1. The Chiefs give the finger to the Colts, finally ridding the Chiefs franchise of the Lin Elliot demons that have driven this organization to the ground.

2. The Chiefs give the finger to Marty and all of his playoff failings by going INTO San Diego and showing the poor Chargers fans what it's like to have home field advantage throughout the playoffs only to have an undeserving and underdog team come in and win. Oh, sweet justice that Marty is the coach. And even sweeter justice if Nate Kaeding misses three field goal attempts.

3. The Chiefs give the finger to the Jets organization, who have somehow made it to the AFC Championship game. How rich would this be, the Chiefs giving the finger to the organization that had our coach just a year ago. Right now Lamar can taste it.

4. The Chiefs give the ultimate finger to the Dallas Cowboys and the NFL in the Super Bowl. As you may recall, Lamar tried to get another team in Dallas but was rejected by the NFL. Thus, he started his own league and the Chiefs are actually the Dallas Texans.

The circle will finally be complete for Lamar now that he is in a place with God as his ally. You cannot fight "The Finger", and I recommend if your teams haven't made the playoffs to jump on the Fingerwagon and join me in this quest.

Lamar Power.

Lamar Power.

Lamar Power.

Lamar Power.

Lamar Power.

:D:bash::D

:D

One Ring to Rule them All, eh Chief?

You have a long way to go to top Menudo from last year, but that's a good start. :D

Enjoy this week.

I'm gonna make Menudo look like an amateur if the Chiefs keep winning. Of course, I'm on record for warning everybody this was coming. :bash:

I'm gonna make Menudo look like an amateur if the Chiefs keep winning. Of course, I'm on record for warning everybody this was coming. :D

If you are going for some cool reactions, like a cartoon character vomiting all over you, I wish you good luck.

Please do not turn into any more of an annoying person than you already are! :D

I believe kc's plan to run ball ( which they should at will ) and keep indy offense off the field is great , except colts will try to avoid it and manning and his boys should be primed for a big effort

Will be interesting to see which team will have more success in doing their thing next weekend

I believe kc's plan to run ball ( which they should at will ) and keep indy offense off the field is great , except colts will try to avoid it and manning and his boys should be primed for a big effort

Will be interesting to see which team will have more success in doing their thing next weekend

The Chiefs are actually stupid enough to try to pass the ball the whole game on the premise that Indy will expect them to run. :D

The Chiefs are actually stupid enough to try to pass the ball the whole game on the premise that Indy will expect them to run. :D

This very thought actually came into mind. My fantasy league has a salary-cap like playoffs during the real playoffs and players on our regular season roster are 1/2 price. I thought about starting Trent Green as he was cheap to being with but even cheaper at 1/2 price. Indy might be able to stop, or at least slow down LJ if a couple of corners latch on to his feet while a third tries to knock him down. All that attention is going to open up the passing game a little doesn't it?

It sounds kind of crazy, but somehow everything you are saying all seems to fit.

That's it, I'm betting on the Chiefs to win the Superbowl. 50:1 odds? No match for the middle finger!!

:D

Should definitely be an interesting game. I just pray the Chiefs stick to a running game plan.

Hope springs eternal. Believe me I know, I'm a Niners fan. Should the Chiefs win the superbowl it'd be a nice gesture if they took the whole 49ers team out to dinner seeing as how they helped you guys out a little by beatin' da Broncos.IIRC I thought you had said the Niners were your new bestest friend :D Not saying the Chiefs don't deserve to be in the playoffs as I'd rather have them in than the Broncos anyway,but IMO I just think youse guys chances would be better if Huard were under center. I see Herm said that may happen anyway should Mr. Green waver. Anywho, congrats on the Chiefs making the playoffs(Larry Johnson=superstud) and best of luck in the Quest for the middle finger thingy.