[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big 10 vs SEC

theeohiostate

Tenn(9-3) vs Penn St.(8-4)

The line is Tenn -4.5 on this game, i really don't know how Penn St even got that much credit. Every decent team they played his season they lost, i don't think they've been in the top 25 all season and Tenn has been ranked all season. I like Tenn, in this match up. Nice match up for the SEC in this contest, should be an easy win for them.

Arkansas (10-3) vs Wisconsin (11-1)

Arkansas is a 2 pt favorite in this match up and should be. Wisconsin played no one this season, outside of Michigan and hasn't proved anything, while Arkansas was the best team in the SEC all season until the last week when Florida jumped them in the standings. SEC #2 vs Big 10 #3, really we know what we'll get from Arkansas, but your guess is as good as mine when it comes to Wisconsin. Arkansas with a big edge, imo, based on their quality wins.

We go into both games as the dogs and on paper , we're overmatched on both sides of the ball. Thanks to OSU and Michigan making the BCS games, we're a little shorthanded in these games, but with a nice showing the other day from Iowa and the way Minnesota exploded on the favorite TTech, we may be a little better in these bowls then i originally would have anticipated. Still don't expect any upsets here, our money is still in OSU and Michigan.

Edited by theeohiostate

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit to being a little shocked by the play of the top tier teams early in today's games from the SEC.

Nebraska is moving the ball at will on Auburn and if not for some huge TO's, giving them short fields to move, this could be a Nebraska shut out at half.

Penn St. playing very well on offense, which is a HUGE difference from what we've seen out of them all season in Big 10 play.

Penn State has been the team more daring with their medium to long passes. Tennessee needs to do more of that in the second half. The Vols' All-American receiver, Meachem, has just 2 receptions. They have to get the ball more to their go-to guy, or Penn State is going to be in this game to the very end and just might steal it.

Appears the SEC has really got it's way with the bowl match ups this year, all very favorable match ups except for Ky-Clemson , i expect them to be successful having that many favorite and lopsided games. :D

Actually SEC had 4 underdogs and 5 favorites. 3 of the dogs played already with Gators the only remaining SEC underdog. Alabama lost while Kentucky and Georgia won. South Carolina won and covered teh spread as the favorite.

Penn St. misses 3 FG's today or they may have had this one won already.

An big underdog can't afford to give away 9 points. :D

Win or Lose, Penn St impressed me today with great defensive play. I like most in the country didn't give them a shot in hell to win this game.

Penn St. misses 3 FG's today or they may have had this one won already.

An big underdog can't afford to give away 9 points. :D

Win or Lose, Penn St impressed me today with great defensive play. I like most in the country didn't give them a shot in hell to win this game.

On record for seeing this one coming. It wasn't like I really liked Penn State more like I wasn't crazy about the Vols after watching them get destroyed by the Hogs when I was actually rooting for those dang Vols from Tennessee to give LSU a crack at the SEC Championship Game.

Big 10 1

SEC 0

The underdogs come through in Big 10 fashion.

Thanks to an inspiring performance from Penn St.

Great defense and a ball controlled offense. Typical Big 10 ball. Despite missing 3 FG's the Nittany Lions have made the Big 10 faithful proud while holding the Vols to a season low in total points of 10.

#2 SEC finisher Arkansas down 17-7 to Big Ten #3 Wisconsin late in the 2nd quarter, Considering Arkansas has only given up 28 max. in SEC play this season, it's a great sign for the Badger offense. :D

Auburn needs to step up and beat that pitiful Nebraska team or this could be a catastrophic day for the SEC

Wisky and Arkasnas are laying the leather at each other. This is just a good ole fashion Big Ten vs SEC match up. Great stuff.

Take away to 2 big runs Arkansas had on the 2 opening series of the bal game and Wisconsin has held them under 50 yards of offense the entire half.......................now THAT'S!!! Big 10 BALL!!

Do you mean a catastropic day for your bowl pics? Hopefully you didn't back up $$$ your thoughts on the games today by calling them in to your neighborhood bookie? :D

The bowl picks , i could care less about. If i were an SEC fan, i'd be a little more then concerned from the play out of their top teams today against lesser competition. My assessment and it's about as accurate as they come, is this years SEC may be deep and they may be strong, but they sure as hell are just average when comparing them to the nations best teams.

Looks like they have some good , solid teams, but no where near at the level of a national champion for this season. I like the OSU spread goes from 7.5 to near 9 by kickoff next week.

The SEC has been very unimpressive thus far. Nebraska gave Auburn the game with 2 turovers. one inside the 10 the other inside the 15, or Nebraska punks this team.

That factored in with Callahan horrible play calling.

I completely agree, this game was not earned whatsoever by Auburn, they did win and congrats to them, but they did little but wait for Callahan to screw his own team ,in order to win.

after watching Tenn, Ark, and Auburn. Im predicting Notre Dame will beat LSU easily.

I already did..............in 3 pools. :D

Like i said in my other post, the SEC has some great teams and the confernce is well balanced. BUT!! Having a competitive conference and great games inside the conference each week, doesn't translate into having better teams nationally. It's clear this conference has a bunch of top 10-15 teams, but no team good enough to compete with the likes of Michigan, OSU or USC, imo.