[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Colts Fans

Big Red

If the Colts can find a way to stop LJ from running all over them like Jacksonville did, the Colts will have to come to Baltimore for a playoff game.

I wonder how much Manning will admire the statue and banners of Johnny U at the main entrance. Hopefully, he enjoys the old Hall Of Fame Colts listed in our Ring of Honor. He should enjoy the blue and white 19 flag carried by the honor guard along with the US flag each game. I'm sure all the old Colts, the last Colts to do anything in the playoffs, will wave to him from the Ravens side line.

Of course, Peyton has to actually win a playoff game the week before to get there.

Trash talk may start now.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Colts can find a way to stop LJ from running all over them like Jacksonville did, the Colts will have to come to Baltimore for a playoff game.

I wonder how much Manning will admire the statue and banners of Johnny U at the main entrance. Hopefully, he enjoys the old Hall Of Fame Colts listed in our Ring of Honor. He should enjoy the blue and white 19 flag carried by the honor guard along with the US flag each game. I'm sure all the old Colts, the last Colts to do anything in the playoffs, will wave to him from the Ravens side line.

Of course, Peyton has to actually win a playoff game the week before to get there.

Trash talk may start now.

I thought you guys used to be the Browns. Why are you mooching off the Colts' history?

Or is that #19 flag for Bernie Kosar? :D

I thought you guys used to be the Browns. Why are you mooching off the Colts' history?

Or is that #19 flag for Bernie Kosar? :D

The Browns are from and still play in Cleveland. The Colts used to play in Baltimore until 1984. What are you like 17 years old?

The history of the Baltimore Ravens is unusual due to the unprecedented actions taken by the cities of Baltimore and Cleveland, Ohio, and the NFL in 1996. On November 6, 1995, then-Cleveland Browns owner Art Modell announced his intention to move the team to Baltimore, citing the inadequacy of Cleveland Stadium and the lack of a sufficient replacement along with his heavy debt. The decision triggered a flurry of legal activity that ended when representatives of Cleveland and the NFL reached a settlement on February 8, 1996. It stipulated that the Browns' name, colors, and history of the franchise were to remain in Cleveland, including past records and the attribution of its Pro Football Hall of Fame players. A reactivated Cleveland Browns team would then begin play in 1999, while Modell's relocated club would technically and legally be an expansion team, the Ravens. Still, some consider the Ravens and the pre-1995 Browns organization as one continuous entity, using terms like "The Modell organization" or "Art Modell's franchise" to denote it since Modell retained the contracts of all former Browns players and personnel as per the agreement made by the city of Cleveland and the NFL.

The Ravens are the "Old Cleveland Browns". They have nothing to do with Baltimore football history prior to 1996. Any claim or attempt to link themselves to the likes of Johnny Unitas or any other Baltimore Colt player is a sham.

Since you obvioulsy had no knowledge of this, you must be about...what? Ten years old?

LOL @ the Baltimorons, GB em, always good for a laugh. esp when you consider how despite even winning a SB with the Crows, they still eat their heart out that they don't have the Colts no mo, and just can't accept that their POS grungy town and boneheaded gov't is why.

LOL @ the Baltimorons, GB em, always good for a laugh. esp when you consider how despite even winning a SB with the Crows, they still eat their heart out that they don't have the Colts no mo, and just can't accept that their POS grungy town and boneheaded gov't is why.

Momos outside of Baltimore don't understand that we consider the Colts pre'84 and Ravens the same. Both are the Baltimore NFL team. Name and colors don't mean as much once they've been taken.

Anyway, this post was intended to get some Colts fans going. Colts fans, anyone, Beuller? I don't see anything but more hatred for the Ravens, which is expected.

By the way Squeeg, look up the Ravens offense after Billick took over play calling, especially against the Steelers. 54-3 in two games I believe, not bad.

Baltimore's offense is only slightly less pathetic than the Steelers'.

Should be interesting to see if they can actually more the ball on the Colts' D.

Somebody needs to cut back on the zoloft...or take more of it :D

BAL doesn't have enough offense. Not that the Colts DEF would put up much of a stand....I just don't think BAL offense could score 24 pts if they were on the field alone. The Ravens DEF would not stop the Colts passing game. This is all hypothetical of course...as the Colts actually have to defeat LJ this week....and I hear he's pretty good. At least the Colts can count on Herm Edwards doing something stupid somewhere in the game to help them. :D

Edited by Hitman

Momos outside of Baltimore don't understand that we consider the Colts pre'84 and Ravens the same. Both are the Baltimore NFL team. Name and colors don't mean as much once they've been taken.

That would be like the New York Mets hanging Brooklyn Dodgers championship banners around the stadium and trotting out old Dodger players as if they were their own. That would be so weak. Nothing personal, but Baltimore fans are just pathetic.

That said, good luck!

By the way Squeeg, look up the Ravens offense after Billick took over play calling, especially against the Steelers. 54-3 in two games I believe, not bad.

Yeah - that was all offense. :oldrolleyes:

In the two games combined, the D had 4 interceptions, 2 fumble recoveries (one for a TD), and 14 sacks.

-The Browns/Colts situations are NOT THE SAME. Robert Irsay had every right to move his "property" in the 'Colts', but I argue didn't have the right to hijack the link the city of Baltimore had with the team. When Art Modell moved the Browns, he left the tradition in place. He left the uniforms, the history, everything so in the event a team was moved back into Cleveland they could resume as was.

-Please be reminded that Art Modell tried to buy back the Colts name, uniforms, and colors when Modell moved from Cleveland. In usual fashion on how Irsay handled his business, THE COLTS WERE for sale, for 25 million dollars. Irsay was looking to cash in as the colors and tradition really meant nothing to him, but Modell balked at the high price.

-The NFL bent over backward for Cleveland. The city of Cleveland had built Gund arena, the RandR HOF, and Jacobs Field while Modell was thinking the Browns were '5th fiddle'. I don't like the idea of city's being held hostage by wealthy owners, but this is how the game is played today. The poorous job by the Cleveland politicians was part of the reason Modell moved. MODELL DID NOT WANT TO MOVE and even said so...IRSAY DID WANT TO MOVE and never once said he regretted making the decision to move West. It was common knowledge when Irsay got the Colts in the early 1970s that he wanted to move the team.

-For all the whining and hand-wringing done by NFL fans and non-partisan fans concerning Cleveland, the first chance that came up Cleveland got their team back. However, Baltimore was always rebuffed for expansion by the NFL (in large part due to Jack Kent Cooke). We are always lead to believe that Cleveland was the poor innocents while Baltimore was the evil-dooers. However, Cleveland got their team back within a few years while Baltimore went the only place they could....to a team looking to move. I hated it for Cleveland's fans as they are awesome fans, but we had to do something as the NFL was not working with us. Had the NFL awarded expansion to Baltimore like they should have then maybe Modell and the city of Cleveland could have worked things out. If you want to blame anyone for Modell moving, blame Jack Kent Cooke and the NFL lackeys.

-Every single old Baltimore Colt has totally disassociated himself with Indianapolis. Johnny Unitas rejected the Indianapolis Colts as "the team he played for." Every great Baltimore Colt to a man has 100% categorically rejected any idea their names and spamshirts belong in Indiana.

-To truly appreciate the Baltimore Colts you have to know what that city and that team was about in the 1950s-1970s....It would take too long to document the special bond between the two in this scant few words. Suffice it to say, the bond probably was easily greater than ANY other NFL team and likely greater than any of the other professional sports.

-Yet, it is time to move on. When the Ravens won the Super Bowl that laid to rest the Baltimore Colts for me. My childhood heroes of Bert Jones, Ed Simonini, Roger Carr, and the older guys like Unitas, Moore, Mackey, Marchetti, Donovan, Brasse, Berry, etc...were NOT STOLEN from Baltimore, because us Colts fans didn't let it be stolen. When the Colts became an Indiana team I didn't throw away my Lenny Moore football card, rip up my old Bert Jones poster, and throw away my signed photo of Mr. Unitas. I didn't throw away ticket stubs to games against Buffalo, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Miami, the NY Jets, or Oakland? And "ghost to the post" still haunts me to this day.

Best of luck to the Indianapolis Colts this weekend.

Edited by kwolf68

That would be like the New York Mets hanging Brooklyn Dodgers championship banners around the stadium and trotting out old Dodger players as if they were their own. That would be so weak.

No one is talking about championship banners (BR references Johnny U - who was a Ravens fan), but where do you think the Mets came up with their team colors from? To honor the Dodgers and Giants. Yes, Dodger blue and Giants orange. In addition, the Mets logo includes more than one specific reference to Brooklyn landmarks.

Bottom line is that there is nothing wrong with having some prior history intertwined with current team spirit. No need to be hating. It only defers focus from the current greatness of the Ravens this year.

kwolf68, I agree with what you have said. However, most of that is a different discussion.

The point of this thread was for me to go poke the Indy fans as, based on the seeding, they will be in Baltimore in two weeks. Of course, I don't think ANY Indy fans have responded. How this got into a Brownies/Ravens debate, I don't know. Unlike Indy, Baltimore fans have never asked or expected any old Browns players to favor any city except Cleveland.

Ironically, neither of the Colts Lombardi Trophies from SuperBowl V are in Indianapolis. One is with the St. Louis Rams, and the replacement to that is in Baltimore.

They are either:

A: Still hiding from their 2-3 finish.

B: Not around as they only come out when Peyton is putting up some regular season record.

C: Not taking the bait.

And yes, Baltimore is a unique situation as far as the Colts/Colts/Ravens history. I'll save that for another thread should it come up.

Edited by Big Red

Indy fans have there hands full right now just praying they can get past the Chiefs. I imagine we will hear even less from them if they advance to Baltimore. After what we have seen from Indy over the last month, it is obvious where they are headed. Same old same old.

er I'm a Colt fan.

Okay, so there is one here. I didn't realize you are a Colts fan based on your first response being a flame against my post instead of a valid counter point. Your 2nd post is more in line with a fan commenting on their team.

Okay, so there is one here. I didn't realize you are a Colts fan based on your first response being a flame against my post instead of a valid counter point. Your 2nd post is more in line with a fan commenting on their team.

Since your orig past was mostly just "flaming" in the first place, the response was appropriate and valid.

Anyway I think it's kind of stating the obvious that once again the Colts just don't "have it" (ie a defense) this year.