[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hey Colts Fans

Big Red

Uh-oh, Mr. My-Girlfriend-Dumped-Me-22-Years-Ago-And-I'm-Still-Upset is back. :D

I don't foresee the Colts losing at home to a team that can do nothing but run the ball on offense and has an average defense (and are below-average against the pass). They've had no problem dismantling a similar team (Denver) at home in January. Peyton has never had a problem torching Denver's secondary in the playoffs, so I don't see why the mediocre Chiefs defense would be a problem for him.

The Browns...er, I mean Ravens on the road will obviously be a challenge. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since your orig past was mostly just "flaming" in the first place, the response was appropriate and valid.

Anyway I think it's kind of stating the obvious that once again the Colts just don't "have it" (ie a defense) this year.

There is a difference between flaming (you suck type post) and stirring the nest before an anticipate playoff game.

Example Flame:

The Colts and their fans suck because all they care about is Piggy Peyton and his stats. Instead of posting about how great Peyton is, go win a title before you run your mouth.

Example Pre Playoff Taunt:

If the Colts are lucky enough to beat KC and get to Baltimore, that will give The All Mighty Peyton Manning as many playoff wins as Trent Dilfer.

Uh-oh, Mr. My-Girlfriend-Dumped-Me-22-Years-Ago-And-I'm-Still-Upset is back. :D

I don't foresee the Colts losing at home to a team that can do nothing but run the ball on offense and has an average defense (and are below-average against the pass). They've had no problem dismantling a similar team (Denver) at home in January. Peyton has never had a problem torching Denver's secondary in the playoffs, so I don't see why the mediocre Chiefs defense would be a problem for him.

The Browns...er, I mean Ravens on the road will obviously be a challenge. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

See, this is the type of Colt fan I expected. Wow, usual Irsay owned Colt fan low expectations. We had that as well, just with Bert Jones at the helm. The Football Gods will never let an Irsay own a Lombardi Trophy. Those same Gods will laugh when the old Colts are on the Baltimore sideline rooting against the Colts.

The Colts can lose at home to a playoff quality Chiefs as easily as they can lose on the road to Houston and Tennessee.

See, this is the type of Colt fan I expected. Wow, usual Irsay owned Colt fan low expectations.

The Colts can lose at home to a playoff quality Chiefs as easily as they can lose on the road to Houston and Tennessee.

It's difficult to have high expectations when one's Front 7 plays like a Pop Warner squad.

The Colts have never lost a home playoff game to a team with a mediocre defense. I don't foresee that changing any time soon. Hell, they haven't lost a single home game this season. They also outscored a much better Chiefs offense at Arrowhead three years ago.

We had that as well, just with Bert Jones at the helm. The Football Gods will never let an Irsay own a Lombardi Trophy. Those same Gods will laugh when the old Colts are on the Baltimore sideline rooting against the Colts.

Do you need to be reminded that Modell stole YOUR favorite team from Cleveland? Seriously, your hypocrisy is unbelievable. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

Do you need to be reminded that Modell stole YOUR favorite team from Cleveland? Seriously, your hypocrisy is unbelievable. :D

WE had no choice...as long as TagliaBLOW and Jack Kent Crook were in league with one another, Baltimore would have NEVER gotten a team. NEVER. Lesser cities were awarded franchises and we were left in the cold, awash in a sea of (gag) Redskins coverage.

I felt a good deal of sympathy for Cleveland fans when the Browns moved here, but hey they got to KEEP their colors and history, I imagine that went a long way towards cushioning the blow. We were left with nothing.

WE had no choice...as long as TagliaBLOW and Jack Kent Crook were in league with one another, Baltimore would have NEVER gotten a team. NEVER. Lesser cities were awarded franchises and we were left in the cold, awash in a sea of (gag) Redskins coverage.

I felt a good deal of sympathy for Cleveland fans when the Browns moved here, but hey they got to KEEP their colors and history, I imagine that went a long way towards cushioning the blow. We were left with nothing.

And you'll like it! :D

"Lesser cities?" This may come as a surprise to people out on the East Coast, but Baltimore isn't a "greater" city than, say, Nashville. Baltimore is also situated right in D.C.'s backyard and isn't far from Philly, which affects its fanbase negatively.

"Lessed the blow"? Are you kidding me? Talk to a Browns fan and ask him/her how grateful they are to Modell for letting Cleveland keep the Browns uniforms and history. :D

"Lesser cities?" This may come as a surprise to people out on the East Coast, but Baltimore isn't a "greater" city than, say, Nashville. Baltimore is also situated right in D.C.'s backyard and isn't far from Philly, which affects its fanbase negatively.

"Lessed the blow"? Are you kidding me? Talk to a Browns fan and ask him/her how grateful they are to Modell for letting Cleveland keep the Browns uniforms and history. :D

With regard to television market size, Jacksonville IS a lesser city. Check it out. Hmmm, we don't seem to be doing too badly with regard to revenue despite being close to Philly and DC.

Certainly Cleveland fans aren't "grateful" to Art Model. Nevertheless, Cleveland was treated MUCH more kindly by the NFL than was Baltimore, a fact which cannot be argued.

With regard to television market size, Jacksonville IS a lesser city. Check it out. Hmmm, we don't seem to be doing too badly with regard to revenue despite being close to Philly and DC.

I never said anything about Jacksonville. Nice try, though.

Certainly Cleveland fans aren't "grateful" to Art Model. Nevertheless, Cleveland was treated MUCH more kindly by the NFL than was Baltimore, a fact which cannot be argued.

That doesn't change the fact that Modell "stole" the storied Browns franchise away from Cleveland. So, how about we knock off the hypocritical Irsay-bashing, mmmkay?

Edited by Bill Swerski

It's difficult to have high expectations when one's Front 7 plays like a Pop Warner squad.

The Colts have never lost a home playoff game to a team with a mediocre defense. I don't foresee that changing any time soon. Hell, they haven't lost a single home game this season. They also outscored a much better Chiefs offense at Arrowhead three years ago.

I have nothing against Indy the city. I just think it's obvious that the Football Gods will never let an Irsay have a Lombardi Trophy.

1: The salary cap hog Manning is 3-6 in playoff games, 1 win fewer than Trent Dilfer.

2: The 41-0 loss to the Jets. Holy frack!!!

3: Anyone but the guy who was stabbed in the rearend picks up that Pittsburgh fumble last year, and they run it all the way back.

4: If the Football Gods liked the Colts, they pull down that hail mary from Harbaugh and go instead of the Steelers.

5: The Irsays never had the original SB V Lombardi, and ever had to give the replica they had built back to Baltimore.

As for the Browns/Ravens thing, I don't care. I don't care that we 'took' their team, and it appears as if the Football Gods don't care either. I spend my time on that matter making points against Irsay and the team/fans who want to leech off of Baltimore Colts heritage. I don't blame Indy for taking a team that was ready to move, but like Modell, Irsay should have never let it get to that, and neither should have Cleveland or Baltimore.

I've just never really seen a group of fans so resigned to 'probably' winning the first game and 'probably' losing the second. Sounds like another pepped up Irsay fan base at playoff time.

I never said anything about Jacksonville. Nice try, though.

That doesn't change the fact that Modell "stole" the storied Browns franchise away from Cleveland. So, how about we knock off the hypocritical Irsay-bashing, mmmkay?

And I never said anything about Nashville. So, I suppose YOU are allowed to pick "example" cities, whereas I am not? :D

Frankly I don't see how I am being hypocritical at all. As I stated earlier I have a great deal of sympathy for the people of Cleveland; however I think their wrath would be better directed at the NFL, not Baltimore. If it hadn't been for the COLLUSION which kept a team out of Baltimore (which clearly deserved one) the Browns would never have been able to move here. If WE had been able to keep our colors and our history, I could have cared less if Bullet Bob Irsay took his team to Indy; in fact I'd have ptiched in some $$$ to help him move.

The situations simply are not the same.

And I never said anything about Nashville. So, I suppose YOU are allowed to pick "example" cities, whereas I am not? :D

Frankly I don't see how I am being hypocritical at all. As I stated earlier I have a great deal of sympathy for the people of Cleveland; however I think their wrath would be better directed at the NFL, not Baltimore. If it hadn't been for the COLLUSION which kept a team out of Baltimore (which clearly deserved one) the Browns would never have been able to move here. If WE had been able to keep our colors and our history, I could have cared less if Bullet Bob Irsay took his team to Indy; in fact I'd have ptiched in some $$$ to help him move.

Well, I'd have been upset about the move even if we'd have been able to keep our history first, then colors. After all, the original NFL Baltimore Colts wore green. The fact that Johnny U and all the other HOF Colts names are in the hall under the Indy named angered them as well as Baltimore, and is most likely laughed at anyway by anyone who knows anything about football. Except for the current bunch of players that Irsay put together immediately after the Indianapolis sellout guarantee expired, who have they really had that is HOF worthy. Dickerson is the only one, and he spent half his career on an other team. You won't understand this as Indianapolis has never created an NFL HOF worthy player, nor do they have any history of their own that anyone will remember.

Well, I'd have been upset about the move even if we'd have been able to keep our history first, then colors. After all, the original NFL Baltimore Colts wore green. The fact that Johnny U and all the other HOF Colts names are in the hall under the Indy named angered them as well as Baltimore, and is most likely laughed at anyway by anyone who knows anything about football. Except for the current bunch of players that Irsay put together immediately after the Indianapolis sellout guarantee expired, who have they really had that is HOF worthy. Dickerson is the only one, and he spent half his career on an other team. You won't understand this as Indianapolis has never created an NFL HOF worthy player, nor do they have any history of their own that anyone will remember.

Actually, your statment illustrates my point. We didn't get to keep our history, so all of our greats like Johnny U are in the HOF as Indy Colts, not Baltimore Colts as they should be. Cleveland kept its colors and tradtions, I mean Ray Lewis won't go into the HOF as a Cleveland Brown!

Therein lies the difference between the Colt's move and the Brown's move.

I have nothing against Indy the city. I just think it's obvious that the Football Gods will never let an Irsay have a Lombardi Trophy.

1: The salary cap hog Manning is 3-6 in playoff games, 1 win fewer than Trent Dilfer.

2: The 41-0 loss to the Jets. Holy frack!!!

3: Anyone but the guy who was stabbed in the rearend picks up that Pittsburgh fumble last year, and they run it all the way back.

4: If the Football Gods liked the Colts, they pull down that hail mary from Harbaugh and go instead of the Steelers.

5: The Irsays never had the original SB V Lombardi, and ever had to give the replica they had built back to Baltimore.

As for the Browns/Ravens thing, I don't care. I don't care that we 'took' their team, and it appears as if the Football Gods don't care either. I spend my time on that matter making points against Irsay and the team/fans who want to leech off of Baltimore Colts heritage. I don't blame Indy for taking a team that was ready to move, but like Modell, Irsay should have never let it get to that, and neither should have Cleveland or Baltimore.

I've just never really seen a group of fans so resigned to 'probably' winning the first game and 'probably' losing the second. Sounds like another pepped up Irsay fan base at playoff time.

I never said that the Colts would "probably" lose in the second round of the playoffs, so I don't know who you're speaking of. You also fail to distinguish between Bob and Jim Irsay. Not that I feel strongly about either, but I don't know how one could blame Jim for Bob moving his team to Indy.

I see many interesting parallels between the Colts and the White Sox, another team that the Sports Gods supposedly hated and would NEVER win a championship...

1. 1919 - Black Sox Scandal

2. 1959 - Collapse against the Dodgers in the World Series

3. 1970s - Astroturf field, shorts instead of pants, Disco Demolition Night

4. 1980s - Jimmy Piersall fired, TV broadcasts moved to proprietary cable network (thus forcing out Harry Caray, who goes to the cross-town rival WGN-televised Cubs and increases their popularity at the expense of the Sox), collapse agaisnt Baltimore in the '83 ALCS, Reinsdorf threatens to move the team to Tampa, attendance hits rock bottom

5. 1990s - Dull new stadium built, lose to Toronto in the '93 ALCS, Carlton Fisk inexplicably banned from the Sox clubhouse in 1993, Reinsdorf plays a key figure in the '94 strike with his team in first place, White Flag Trade of 1997, attendance hits rock-bottom again

6. 2000s - 2000 Sox get swept from the playoffs, future HOFer Frank Thomas hit with several injuries, Carlton Fisk enters Cooperstown wearing a Red Sox hat, White Sox continue to take a back seat to the Cubs

Even with all of the bad karma that Jerry Reinsdorf and his fellow board members broght on the White Sox, they still managed to win a championship. Reinsdorf makes JIM Irsay (who you keep confusing with BOB Irsay) look like a freaking saint.

You were the one who cited the "lesser cities" who received expansion franchises. Nashville is one of them, no? :D

(1) You're a hypocrite becuase Modell did exactly what Irsay did: They moved their teams because their respective former cities would not give them funding for renovating their decrepit stadiums.

(2) Modell packed the old Cleveland Stadium (70,000+) eight times a year, yet complained that he couldn't put up any money for a new stadium. That means that he either has a massive gambling problem or simply felt that he could save money via the sweeter offer from Baltimore. So, no, it wasn't the NFL's fault. It was Art Modell's fault.

(3) Keeping a team's name, colors, and tradition was appropriate from the 1980s through the mid-1990s (e.g., the Oakland/LA Raiders, the LA/St. Louis Rams... even the Titans were the Tennessee Oilers for a season).

(4) Cleveland football fans would gladly exchange their team's "colors and history" for the players, coaches, executives, and other employees that Modell took to Baltimore and won a Super Bowl with only five years later.

Your excuses are laughable. :bash:

You were the one who cited the "lesser cities" who received expansion franchises. Nashville is one of them, no? :bash:

(1) You're a hypocrite becuase Modell did exactly what Irsay did: They moved their teams because their respective former cities would not give them funding for renovating their decrepit stadiums.

(2) Modell packed the old Cleveland Stadium (70,000+) eight times a year, yet complained that he couldn't put up any money for a new stadium. That means that he either has a massive gambling problem or simply felt that he could save money via the sweeter offer from Baltimore. So, no, it wasn't the NFL's fault. It was Art Modell's fault.

(3) Keeping a team's name, colors, and tradition was appropriate from the 1980s through the mid-1990s (e.g., the Oakland/LA Raiders, the LA/St. Louis Rams... even the Titans were the Tennessee Oilers for a season).

(4) Cleveland football fans would gladly exchange their team's "colors and history" for the players, coaches, executives, and other employees that Modell took to Baltimore and won a Super Bowl with only five years later.

Your excuses are laughable. :clap:

You cited an example, as did I...yet you dismissed my example by saying "I never mentioned Jacksonville". Well, I never mentioned Nashville. Jacksonville, with regard to television market size, IS a "lesser" city than Baltimore. Again, feel free to check it out should you doubt me.

Modell didn't HAVE any money, again go ahead and check it out...he was BROKE. One of the main reasons he came here was that we built him a stadium.

Hmmm, through the mid 90s you say? If I recall correctly, didn't the Browns come here in the mid 90's? :D We aren't the Baltimore Browns, are we? :D

I don't know that they would, I am certyainly not going to take your word for it.

Ummm, sure, whatever. Enjoy your short stay in the playoffs.

Modell didn't HAVE any money, again go ahead and check it out...he was BROKE. One of the main reasons he came here was that we built him a stadium.

Which was his own fault, in part because his refusal to share skybox revenue with the Indians caused him to lose his most valuable client. But he was not "broke" in the sense that he was no longer financially-capable of running the team. He simply did not have the money to build a new stadium without significant support from the city of Cleveland. In other words, it was his own greed and stupidity that ended up screwing the entire city. And he took the sweet deal that Baltimore offered to recoup the money lost because of his idiotic leasing policies. Thanks for proving my point. :tup:

Hmmm, through the mid 90s you say? If I recall correctly, didn't the Browns come here in the mid 90's? :D We aren't the Baltimore Browns, are we? :D

Um, you seem to have forgotten about the L.A. RAMS moving to St. Louis after the 1994 season. :bash:

I find it really sad that you two are fans of the second seed in the AFC, yet you spend more time here cursing the Irsay family than celebrating your team. You sound more like jilted lovers than Ravens fans. :clap:

Edited by Bill Swerski

Modell was broke because he was bad with money. However, the Indians moving out of Municipal Stadium also took a major revenue stream with him. That stadium was a mistake from the beginning, however Modell took over opperations of the money losing stadium from the city, and managed to turn a profit. Once the city built everyone else a new facility and he had lost his other tenant, he was screwed.

Swerkski, other Indy fans seem resigned to the fact that they'll be done by round 2. I know you drink the blue cool aid, so I'll let you think they'll actually win something other than MVP this year.

Why is it that you Indy fans always fail to mention that one reason Irsay snuck out like he did was because the MD General Assembly was set to sieze the team via emminent domain within the week, and he wanted to get out of Dodge asap. That was a blunder by the MD press reporting that before it happened. Having said that, Irsay really never cared about the city and was looking towards moving the second after the bought the Rams and traded them for the Colts.

I also know that Jim Irsay is much better with the team than his father, however I also know he managed to get a new stadium out of Indy about 20 years after the Hoosier Dome was built, and would have moved had he not gotten one no matter what the talk was at the time. The Football Gods don't care and still appear to have cursed them in the post season.

Oh, I only curse the Irsay family when it comes up. Originally, this thread was a big old :D to the likely fans of our 2nd round home game.

Edited by Big Red

Modell was broke because he was bad with money. However, the Indians moving out of Municipal Stadium also took a major revenue stream with him. That stadium was a mistake from the beginning, however Modell took over opperations of the money losing stadium from the city, and managed to turn a profit. Once the city built everyone else a new facility and he had lost his other tenant, he was screwed.

Yep, Modell was an idiot. We agree there.

Swerkski, other Indy fans seem resigned to the fact that they'll be done by round 2. I know you drink the blue cool aid, so I'll let you think they'll actually win something other than MVP this year.

Given that they've owned the Ravens over the past three or four years, I'll let you believe what you want.

Why is it that you Indy fans always fail to mention that one reason Irsay snuck out like he did was...

I never defended Bob Irsay's actions. I merely pointed out the hypocricy of some of you Cleveland Ravens fans.

I also know that Jim Irsay is much better with the team than his father, however I also know he managed to get a new stadium out of Indy about 20 years after the Hoosier Dome was built, and would have moved had he not gotten one no matter what the talk was at the time. The Football Gods don't care and still appear to have cursed them in the post season.

Jerry Reinsdorf did the same thing in Chicago and the Baseball Gods didn't seem to care. Maybe it's because only people like you (and Cubs fans) believe in curses.

Originally, this thread was a big old :D to the likely fans of our 2nd round home game.

You seem to care more about the attractive woman that dumped you 22 years ago than the nasty, convicted-felon skank that you're currently dating. I don't blame you. :bash:

I can tell that you're still a Colts fan deep down inside. Admit it! :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

At least Swerski has the Colts and Bears to root for this PostSeason, making the inevitable early departure by the Colts more tolerable.

2005: Colts 24, Ravens 7

2004: Colts 20, Ravens 10

It must be rough when your girlfriend dumps you and kicks your ass. :D

2005: Colts 24, Ravens 7

2004: Colts 20, Ravens 10

It must be rough when your girlfriend dumps you and kicks your ass. :D

Professional Football Championship Games:

1958 (NFL) - Baltimore Colts 23, New York Giants 17 (OT)

1959 (NFL) - Baltimore Colts 31, New York Giants 16

1970 (NFL) - Super Bowl V - 1/17/71 AFC Baltimore Colts 16, NFC Dallas Cowboys 13

1985 (USFL) - Baltimore Stars 28, Oakland Invaders 24 :D

2000 (NFL) - Super Bowl XXXV - 1/28/01 AFC Baltimore Ravens 34, NFC New York Giants 7

Indianapolis - none

If the Colts can find a way to stop LJ from running all over them like Jacksonville did, the Colts will have to come to Baltimore for a playoff game.

I wonder how much Manning will admire the statue and banners of Johnny U at the main entrance. Hopefully, he enjoys the old Hall Of Fame Colts listed in our Ring of Honor. He should enjoy the blue and white 19 flag carried by the honor guard along with the US flag each game. I'm sure all the old Colts, the last Colts to do anything in the playoffs, will wave to him from the Ravens side line.

Of course, Peyton has to actually win a playoff game the week before to get there.

Trash talk may start now.

kwolf68, I agree with what you have said. However, most of that is a different discussion.

The point of this thread was for me to go poke the Indy fans as, based on the seeding, they will be in Baltimore in two weeks. Of course, I don't think ANY Indy fans have responded. How this got into a Brownies/Ravens debate, I don't know. Unlike Indy, Baltimore fans have never asked or expected any old Browns players to favor any city except Cleveland.

Ironically, neither of the Colts Lombardi Trophies from SuperBowl V are in Indianapolis. One is with the St. Louis Rams, and the replacement to that is in Baltimore.

They are either:

A: Still hiding from their 2-3 finish.

B: Not around as they only come out when Peyton is putting up some regular season record.

C: Not taking the bait.

And yes, Baltimore is a unique situation as far as the Colts/Colts/Ravens history. I'll save that for another thread should it come up.

We have a winner :D

No way I'm going to get sucked into some weak trap here. I respect Unitas' feelings about the current Colts, and the city of Baltimore. I also respect the way Peyton shows his respect for those that have come before him, including Unitas. If you have anger towards the Colts for the way they left the city of Baltimore, I don't blame you. I would too. But some weak, misguided attempt, to take that out towards Peyton is weak on your part. Lash out on the Irsays, pretty sure Peyton had nothing to do with the Colts moving.

Hope I didn't just slip up and take the bait :D

There is a difference between flaming (you suck type post) and stirring the nest before an anticipate playoff game.

Example Flame:

The Colts and their fans suck because all they care about is Piggy Peyton and his stats. Instead of posting about how great Peyton is, go win a title before you run your mouth.

Example Pre Playoff Taunt:

If the Colts are lucky enough to beat KC and get to Baltimore, that will give The All Mighty Peyton Manning as many playoff wins as Trent Dilfer.

Whatever, the whole thread looks pretty lame to me. But have fun.