[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Congrats to Boise St

Sgt. Ryan

Let us not forget, that BSU was beating OU for the first 58.5 minutes of the game without the big tricks that you continue to whine about.

Let us also not forget that both teams made costly errors that led to easy points for the other team. None more blatant than the Int TD late in the game. So that should take care of whine #2.

Anything else?

i, for one, would like to welcome detlefchef to the huddle. i would give you some advice, but it looks like you're fitting in quite nicely already. bienvenue!

the :D approves of trickery and deception

Edited by montster

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like HE** you do.

You're calling it a fluke.

If you were giving them credit, you'd acknowledge that Boise outprepared, outcoached, and outexecuted the Sooners, and that the better team won.

I don't believe for one minute that Boise State is a better team. I think OU wins that game 90% of the time...at least. That being said, BSU looked great. I was very impressed with them. I never thought they would be able to stop our run game. When they did in the beginning, I really thought they would wear down in the second half. I was wrong on both counts and I give them tons of credit. They have a very good football team.

I wasn't really disappointed in this loss. OU had a great year despite some serious obstacles. Paul Thompson is a great guy and a great leader. But he is a division 2 QB...maybe 1-AA at best. We simply had no other options and he did a good job this year. But his success is completely dependent upon the run game. Boise State took that away and forced Thompson to beat them. He couldn't. I think a good passing offense would absolutely torch Boise's secondary. Unfortunately, we don't have one.

The trick plays were brilliant. OU should have pulled a few to get the run game going.

I don't think Boise State outprepared us. I'm not even sure they outcoached us. But they certainly outexecuted us and that's what it takes to win. The coaches cannot play for the players. There were lots of missed assignments last night and BSU took advantage of them. But I really think this loss falls on the shoulders of Thompson. He had a really bad game. Our receivers were open all night and he just couldn't hit them. I look forward to seeing what this kid from Michigan can do for us.

This was probably the best game I've ever seen. Boise State is the real deal.

Edited by Dr. Douche

This is what pisses me off the most. David beat Goliath, and it took 4 turnovers, OUs best Wr going down in the 1st quarter and 3 trick plays for Boise to win the game. I was gracious giving Boise credit, but the more haters like you posted, the more my true feelings came out, that this was a outright fluke. Boise proved they belonged on the field with OU, and made one of the biggest upsets in bowl game recent memory. But look at what they had to do late to do it. I dont think the better team won, because the better team continues the game after the 1st OT and doesnt go for broke, because the better team isnt gassed like the Boise D was, allowing Peterson to rip off 25 yards untouched into the endzone during OT.

Boise won the game, and the deserve credit, but not for being a better team, but for selling out and rolling the dice, and come up 7. These two teams line up next week, and its still a TD pt spread next week, and Boise is the underdog again.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the best team always won we wouldnt need to play the game. And what you call "gifts" I call mistakes, or forcing turnovers. Either way you look at it OU f'd up or Boise earned them. Sometimes its as simple as who executes and doesnt make mistakes, or in this case made the fewest mistakes. To say they got lucky because OU made more mistakes is simply shortsighted. You make your own luck in life and in football.

I am not a fan of either team. I just call them as I see them.

This is some funny stuff. Kind of sad too. BSU won a GREAT game. Not to many people, including myself, thought they even stood a chance. But they proved that with will and determination, a team can rise to the occasion and pull off a great upset. It happens in sports all the time. Yeah OU might be the "better" team but on that day, they were outplayed at the end and lost the game. College, Pro, High School etc... in all sports being the "better" team does not equate into winning the game all the time. Upsets happen all the time. That's a big reason why we watch the games, especially if we have no rooting interest in the teams playing. If your an OU fan you have to just man up, congratulate the winners and hope for a better season next year. Making excuses on why/how your team lost is pretty sad to say the least.

There has been a ton of smack talk on these boards about the OSU/UF game as well. Most of it from the OSU/Big Ten contingent. Hey, I think talking smack is great fun and makes for some lively discussions (just read some of the posts!) Nobody gives FLA a chance in hell to pull the upset and I fully understand why. OSU looks awesome and it will take a miracle for the Gators to win the game. What I'm interested to see is that IF FLA can pull off the victory, how will all the OSU/Big Ten fans/backers handle it on these boards. Will you blame the officials, blame the coaches, chalk it up to a fluke, call it lucky etc... or will you man up and call it for what is is, a great victory by a deserving underdog? I'm hoping it's the latter because it will really be pathetic to see everyone making excuses if FLA can somehow, someway win the game.

how will all the OSU/Big Ten fans/backers handle it on these boards. Will you blame the officials, blame the coaches, chalk it up to a fluke, call it lucky etc... or will you man up and call it for what is is, a great victory by a deserving underdog?

No doubt , that's what it would be :D

Edited by theeohiostate

Incredible coaching job by Chris Peterson. Proving that paying these coaches millions of dollars is not always money well spent. Bob Stoops is, or was, the highest paid coach in College football but again gets outcoached in a big game by Chris Peterson who just happens to make less than half his salary. :D

13-0 and a big BCS win over one of the Big Boys. :D

A painful loss for Sooner Nation.

Boise deserves all the credit in the world for this win, and their coach is pretty d@mn good. Wonder how long he will stay in Boise, before someone from a big time program comes calling.

I totaly agree, Boise played one hell of a game, OU just had an old fashion beat down, and the BSU coaches did one hell of a job. As for the HC of Boise, as far as this Sooner fan is concerned he can have old Bob's job, I sure hope he goes pro!!!!! Hell since Mike Stoops and Mangino left for head coaching jobs; OU is o-fer in BCS bowls, makes you say hmmmmmmmm? He's good vs Big 12 oppents but when it matters he really looks like $hit. So many bad calls when OU is deep in their own territory, is just totally crazy. As far as I'm concerned AD should have carried the rock about 40-45 times, if he would have how many int's. does PT have?

Congrats to BSU!!!!

I don't believe for one minute that Boise State is a better team. I think OU wins that game 90% of the time...at least. That being said, BSU looked great. I was very impressed with them. I never thought they would be able to stop our run game. When they did in the beginning, I really thought they would wear down in the second half. I was wrong on both counts and I give them tons of credit. They have a very good football team.

I wasn't really disappointed in this loss. OU had a great year despite some serious obstacles. Paul Thompson is a great guy and a great leader. But he is a division 2 QB...maybe 1-AA at best. We simply had no other options and he did a good job this year. But his success is completely dependent upon the run game. Boise State took that away and forced Thompson to beat them. He couldn't. I think a good passing offense would absolutely torch Boise's secondary. Unfortunately, we don't have one.

The trick plays were brilliant. OU should have pulled a few to get the run game going.

I don't think Boise State outprepared us. I'm not even sure they outcoached us. But they certainly outexecuted us and that's what it takes to win. The coaches cannot play for the players. There were lots of missed assignments last night and BSU took advantage of them. But I really think this loss falls on the shoulders of Thompson. He had a really bad game. Our receivers were open all night and he just couldn't hit them. I look forward to seeing what this kid from Michigan can do for us.

This was probably the best game I've ever seen. Boise State is the real deal.

Congratulations! You are officially the first OU fan on this forum that is realistic and actually makes sound logical points!

:D:D:bash::clap::tup::doh::huh: