[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wild Card Weekend Gamblers (Anonymous) Thread

Steeltown Dre

Get ready for the cash grab. The Ravens are only 3.5 point favorites vs. Colts next week.

Edited by rattsass

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't thumbed through this thread, but I won big on Colts -7. That was a gimme. The DAL/SEA game is much tough to peg, though. I have DAL +3 parlayed with IND -7, so I'm hoping Dallas comes to play. I also threw a little bit on DAL +3 and the over (48.5).

Edited by darin3

Get ready for the cash grab. The Ravens are only 3.5 point favorites vs. Colts next week.

Love it. I bought it to -3 and have a decent chunk on it. Perfect that Indy played decent and won big.

Line is now -4 at Pinny....

Haven't thumbed through this thread, but I won big on Colts -7. That was a gimme. The DAL/SEA game is much tough to peg, though. I have DAL +3 parlayed with IND -7, so I'm hoping Dallas comes to play. I also threw a little bit on DAL +3 and the over (48.5).

And now o/u is up to 49. :D I don't like that.

Love it. I bought it to -3 and have a decent chunk on it. Perfect that Indy played decent and won big.

Line is now -4 at Pinny....

I bought the half point to -3 and got in too.

I also couldn't pass up the opportunity at another middle. I decided to take 9 points of flexibility, and put a medium amount on Sea -1.

I still am pulling for Dallas to at least get within 10, but if Sea gets wins by 10 or less I am in for a great night. A Seattle win by more than 10? I lose $ on the Indy/Dallas teaser, but still will be up $ on the night, and that is what its all about.

Good luck guys!

I bought the half point to -3 and got in too.

Nice. I will wait to see what the movement does throughout the week. I think Balt will win this game. But I could take Indy later, depending on the line and look for that middle once again.

The best of all possible scenarios for me. I pushed the bet I made just before kickoff, and won the teaser.

I also took Dal +2 in a playoff picks competition I am involved in so I was able to win that play as well.

Another winning day, 11 winning days my last 12, and a 9th straight primetime game w/ + money.

No rest for me - will start looking more at tomorrow's games. Let's all keep making $.

Allright, I'm going to put one unit on the Jets - but I'm going to buy it up to 10, maybe 10.5. I'm not sure they have the talent to win this game, but they won't get blown out. But I can see them down by FG late and NE scoring a late TD to ice it, so I want at least 10 pts.

Taking off the analysts hat now and donning the Jets fan hat. I obviously hope the Jets win outright. This is our Superbowl.

The Eagles are going to beat the Giants by at least two TDs. I'm going two units on the Eagles giving 7.

Allright, I'm going to put one unit on the Jets - but I'm going to buy it up to 10, maybe 10.5. I'm not sure they have the talent to win this game, but they won't get blown out. But I can see them down by FG late and NE scoring a late TD to ice it, so I want at least 10 pts.

Taking off the analysts hat now and donning the Jets fan hat. I obviously hope the Jets win outright. This is our Superbowl.

The Eagles are going to beat the Giants by at least two TDs. I'm going two units on the Eagles giving 7.

I like the way you are thinking. But I am not buying points on the Jets for the most part. I think the spread is generous enough the way it is.

i'm still pi ssed off that the chiefs couldn't convert that first half pick off of manning that they returned to like the colts 10 yd line. they had 2nd and goal from the 2 and couldn't punch it in. then they added insult to injury missing the fg. cost me the first half bet with the chiefs and under. hit both unders yesterday for a decent parlay. right now i have 2 bets rolling over. 4 team six point teaser colts -1, seattle +4, jets +15, and giants +13. payout is 3/1 on my 50 bet. the other was all moneylines, colts, seattle, new england, and philly. this parlay is paying out like a two team parlay, 2.6 to 1.

i'm going to try the jets and over for the first half today (50 dollars). jets/giants moneyline parlay for a quarter.

I like the way you are thinking. But I am not buying points on the Jets for the most part. I think the spread is generous enough the way it is.

You may be right. I tend to be an overly pessimistic Jets fan.

I don't usually bet on their games, but I have had a good feel for their pulse this year. Won with the Pats giving points to the Jets back in September, took the Jets to cover vs. the Colts, took Jacksonville and laid the points, took the Jets to cover in Foxboro last time and had them big to cover over the Raiders lat week. I don't like to get on them too much because I'm an emotional wreck when they play even when there is no money involved. Throw money on top of it and I'm ready to be institutionalized on gameday.

Today I think they will represent themselves very well. They will be prepared, won't get flustered, and there will be a point in the third quarter or so where you think they might be able to pull this off. But I'm afraid they are simply outmanned by the Patriots right now.

I have no sharp edge for this morning. Numbers lead me to NYJ, but that "Belichick magic" is forcing me to be cautious.

I may make no plays today. These games are tight. More edges next weekend. If I do, I will post em. Good luck and hope you make $ today.

As for my pick contests, I can pass on it if I want, but may make a pick in a minute...

Thought I would share this:

I feel bad for anyone who actually pays for these guys picks. The majority have not even posted respectable records this year, and some are flat our getting their ass handed to them...

Animal.........52-55...(1-0)...5*NE/Over,4*Giants/Over,3*Jets,Giants

AceMan.......25-22...(1-0)...4*Philly

ASA..............16-20...(0-1)...3*NE/Under

APlay............17-35...(0-1)...VIP-SMiss/Under

Alatex...........3-4..................

ATS..............35-43...(1-1)...6%NE,4%Giants

BermansPicks.24-43...(1-0)...NE,Philly

Blazer...........22-22...(2-0)...4*Jets

CarolinaSports.16-21.........

BobCash.....32-33...(2-0)...NFC-PlayoffGOY-Philly,5*SMiss+Under

DaveCokin..41-33...(1-0)...Hat-NE

Doc'sEnt......31-40...(0-2)...4*Philly,Jets/Over

DrBob...........22-26...(1-0)...3*Philly,OP-NE

Executive.....22-23..............

JimFeist.......37-40..............Personal-Giants/Over

GoldSheet....34-29...(0-1)...Top-Jets,Reg-SMiss

GSlamSports..36-35...(1-0)..TriplePlay-Jets,DoublePlay-Jets/Over

InsideInfo.....20-26...(1-0).....

JBSports.....31-22...............Top-SMiss,Reg-NE

JerseyGiant..29-22.............Giants..........(Eli's Coming out party)

LineMovers...38-28...(1-0)...

KelsoSturgeon..32-42...(0-2)...

MainGate......20-23.................

MikeNeri.......12-25...(2-1).......

NorthCoast..24-43...(0-1)...3*Philly,Jets/Under,OP-NE

OffshoreEdge..39-33...(0-2)...

PhillyFour.....44-42...+5000..(0-3)-19800...10$NE,6$NE/Over,6$Giants

Pointwise....39-43...(1-0)...3*Philly,NE

PowerPlays...34-22...(1-0)...20*Philly,10*NE

PrefPicks.....29-20...(1-0)...4*NE

PrivatePlayers..41-33...(1-1)...5*SMiss,3*NE,Philly

RandyRadke..23-34...(1-0)...NE

Raider..........26-23...(0-1)...5*NE,Giants

ReedHarris...41-30...(1-2)...10*Giants,10*Giants/Over

Rocky'sWinner..17-28...(1-1)...Pass

ScotSprietzer...35-38...(1-0)...KO-NE

Sycamore....27-28...(0-2)...Jets,SMiss

DtBobSchoner...30-26...(0-1)...

LenSteven...61-48...(2-0)...10*NE,Philly

Score.............30-25...(0-2)...

Underdog....5-9...(1-0)...

UnderTaker...35-25...(1-0)...Pass

SportsUnlimited..18-20...(1-0)...

WayneRoot...52-44...(2-0)...NoLimitGOY-NE,Chair-Philly,Million-OhioU

WildCat..........20-26...(0-1)...

BigAL.............27-24...(2-0)...3*NE,OhioU

Congrats to all Pats backers. Public got rolled on this one. I have no $ on this play, but am picking for my competition NYG. Good luck and let's take our momentum into the Divisional round.

Well, I am on the Eagles so you Giants backers look to be solid gold.

Went 1-0 w/ my Giants selection.

That makes 3-0 on sides, pushed on a middle opportunity and won my teaser. Great start for the playoffs, and we'll continue the assault next week!

I'll just start using your picks next week. Apparently I have no clue what I am doing once the regular season ends. :D

The only favorite I'm taking this weekend is the Colts. Just have a feeling that this is a blowout. KC is not the same team on the road as they are at home.

I'll take the NY dogs, just because it's a lot of points for rivalry games in both cases, though I expect neither to win outright.

Dallas/Seattle I'm staying away from. I might shy towards the UNDER if I was forced to make a play on the game.

The only total I like is the KC/IND U51.

Horn tooting for everything but the Jets! :D

I'll just start using your picks next week. Apparently I have no clue what I am doing once the regular season ends. :D

It just wasn't your week. You'll bounce back this week, don't worry.

As for some bad picks, read these from Brandon Lang this past weekend. His clients must love him. He sent it out after he took the Chiefs over the Colts and lost:

Was I on the wrong side of the Chiefs? Absolutely, but it isn't the first time in my life I was on the wrong side of a game and it won't be the last as long as I do this for a living.

I handicap games the way I handicap games and sometimes things I expect to happen, just don't. They don't fall the way I way really felt they would and it's that time of handicapping that gets you blown out on occasion.

It is also the same type of handicapping that has allowed me to hit every single Super Bowl I have been asked to pick since I have done this for a living.

14-0-2 folks and the two pushes, in case you are wondering, were the New England/Green Bay Super Bowl which fell right on the number 14 and the Tennessee/Rams game that fell on the number 7.

Bottom line is I am as confident as I have ever been regardless of what transpired yesterday. I have been in worst spots in my career, believe me and I have always battled my way out of it, just as I will right here.

Time to have a big Sunday.

PHILADELPHIA

I will not make the same mistake twice.

You see, the Chiefs were very fortunate to even be in the playoffs and were flat out beaten by a better team that was playing at home with emotion, homefield and a better defense.

Enter the Eagles. For all the reasons I missed with the Colts yesterday is why I am coming big with Philly today.

First and foremost, they have just dominated this team for 7 of the 8 quarters. In fact, if not for the Westbrook fumble in the first meeting, it would have been 8 quarters of domination.

Giants have been done for awhile as evidenced by some of their losses the 2nd half of the season. I truly believe that if not for the fact they got to play Washington to end the year, they wouldn't even be here today.

Eli Manning is not going to play error free ball today. Not going to happen against an Eagle defense arguably playing their best ball of the year. I fully expect Manning to throw at least 3 INT's and it wouldn't surprise me to see the Philly defense take one to the house.

Giants have no defense and will be taken apart by Philly, just as they were in the two meetings this year.