[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LSU vs ND

theeohiostate

LSU isnt even the best team in conference, and shouldn't be ranked ahead of Auburn who beat them and also has 2 loses. Fla beat LSU as well, so LSu should at best be the 3rd best team in conference. LSu would get pummelled by OSU, USC, and Michigan, and already lost to Auburn and FLA, and would lose to OU, Boise, and Wisconsin if they lined up to play them tonight. Tell me how this team is in the top 5 again. absurd. LSu should have been in the cotton bowl playing Nebraska, and Notre dame should have been in the Poulon Josh Gordon eater bowl playing Kansas St.

The bottom line is the football experts across the country will vote LSU either #2 or #3 in the country in the final polls come next Tuesday regardless of what any Oklahoma homer thinks. Your impression of Oklahoma's capability is warped and your hatred/jealousy for LSU knows no bounds.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LSU isnt even the best team in conference, and shouldn't be ranked ahead of Auburn who beat them and also has 2 loses. Fla beat LSU as well, so LSu should at best be the 3rd best team in conference. LSu would get pummelled by OSU, USC, and Michigan, and already lost to Auburn and FLA, and would lose to OU, Boise, and Wisconsin if they lined up to play them tonight. Tell me how this team is in the top 5 again. absurd. LSu should have been in the cotton bowl playing Nebraska, and Notre dame should have been in the Poulon Josh Gordon eater bowl playing Kansas St.

Also, LSU is in the top 5 because they have won 7 games in a row including impressive road conference victories. On the other hand, they have not lost to the 6th best team in the PAC 10, the Alamo Bowl rep. from the Big 12, AND Boise St.

The bottom line is the football experts across the country will vote LSU either #2 or #3 in the country in the final polls come next Tuesday regardless of what any Oklahoma homer thinks. Your impression of Oklahoma's capability is warped and your hatred/jealousy for LSU knows no bounds.

Why would I be jealous of a program like LSU. You won one game that matters in like 50 yrs. I simply dont think this team this yr is worth a sh*t and the game you did win, wasnt that impressive. Id love to have seen a healthy QB for my Sooners in that game. A broken wrist is hard to play ball with. And we were 14 yards from tying it up, late. But that is old news, Congrats on that historic Win for your program.

Assuming a close game on Monday, I'd go:

1/2 - OSU/FLA

3 - USC

4 - LSU

5 - Boise

6 - Michigan

7 - Louisville

8 - Oklahoma

9 - Wisconsin

10 - Texas

11 - ND (maybe)

12 - Cal

13 - 119 - who cares

If Monday night is a blowout, the loser falls to #4 or 5 and others move up.

No way that USC jumps from 8th to 3rd; their loss to UCLA was too late in the season. If Florida loses badly, they will also drop further.

Assuming a close game on Monday, I'd go:

1/2 - OSU/FLA

3 - USC

4 - LSU

5 - Boise

6 - Michigan

7 - Louisville

8 - Oklahoma

9 - Wisconsin

10 - Texas

11 - ND (maybe)

12 - Cal

13 - 119 - who cares

If Monday night is a blowout, the loser falls to #4 or 5 and others move up.

And no way Oklahoma is ranked 8th and no way is Oklahoma ranked higher than Wisconsin.

Also, LSU is in the top 5 because they have won 7 games in a row including impressive road conference victories. On the other hand, they have not lost to the 6th best team in the PAC 10, the Alamo Bowl rep. from the Big 12, AND Boise St.

Boise and Texas each would have b*tch slapped LSU by 2 scores. Dont give me that crap. LSU lost every game vs a decent team they played. Ark proved to be sh*t as did Tenn. And was there any Doubt ND didnt belong in the BCS.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

No way that USC jumps from 8th to 3rd; their loss to UCLA was too late in the season. If Florida loses badly, they will also drop further.

what might happen, and what should happen are 2 entirely different things. LSU is at best #10 in the country. This #4 sh*t is rediculous. SC or Michigan would beat them as bad as they beat ND. Hell Louisville, Wis, OU, and Boise would easily beat them by 2 scores, and FLA already beat them as did Auburn, and OSU would end football in Louisiana at every level, if those two played. :D

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

So, a few posts ago you questioned why LSU should be ranked ahead of an Auburn team that beat them and has as many losses. However, your Sooners lost by a more significant margin to a Texas team with same number of losses as them, yet finish ahead of them? I know you're just fishing because nothing you ever say has any merit or logic anyway. Just thought I'd point out yet another flaw in one of your baseless arguments.

:bash::D:D

Why would I be jealous of a program like LSU. You won one game that matters in like 50 yrs. I simply dont think this team this yr is worth a sh*t and the game you did win, wasnt that impressive. Id love to have seen a healthy QB for my Sooners in that game. A broken wrist is hard to play ball with. And we were 14 yards from tying it up, late. But that is old news, Congrats on that historic Win for your program.

It was not a historic win. We were heavily favored and we took care of business. We have many significant wins in the last 50 and the last 6 years and many other time periods including a BCS national championship over your Sooners, 3 BCS wins in 6 years, top 5 national finishes 3 of the last 4 years, etc... You are probably the only person in the country that believes LSU is a bad team. We won the game we were dealt, it is all we could do, get over it. More excuses "in that game", you lost-period, we jumped out to an early lead and sat on the lead because our defensive play did not require our offense to take any further risks. Oklahoma was a second tier team this year and will not finish in the top 10. Enjoy your historic loss.

Edited by SaintsFanUnfortunately

Boise and Texas each would have b*tch slapped LSU by 2 scores. Dont give me that crap. LSU lost every game vs a decent team they played. Ark proved to be sh*t as did Tenn. And was there any Doubt ND didnt belong in the BCS.

Arkansas lost by 3 points to a good Wisconsin team that will finish ranked in the top 5, they are not what you refer to above. Tenn. fumbled the ball and game away late, they were outplayed and deserved to lose. But they were still a solid team and tough to beat at home, period. I could care less about ND. I look forward to the day to play any Big 12 team around, bring them on. Oklahoma was lucky to be in the BCS, they certainly didn't deserve to be there. But somebody from the Big 12 had to be. Just another default team like ND.

what might happen, and what should happen are 2 entirely different things. LSU is at best #10 in the country. This #4 sh*t is rediculous. SC or Michigan would beat them as bad as they beat ND. Hell Louisville, Wis, OU, and Boise would easily beat them by 2 scores, and FLA already beat them as did Auburn, and OSU would end football in Louisiana at every level, if those two played. :D

Your moronic points carry no weight here. Again, football experts across the country will prove you wrong on Tuesday. I guess you are smarter than all the coaches and sport writers.

:D

Did you watch tonight's Sugar Bowl? LSU totally dominated that game while Michigan got crushed by USC. Brian take off your Big 10 glasses. We are talking about the best teams now not some other time in the season. You can discount what the experts are saying about LSU if you want, but the truth is they know more about football than you or me. Have you ever heard so many of them say a team is the best two lost team is the history of college football, before this season? Even as an LSU fan I was amazed yet LSU solidified it tonight by scoring the most points against the Irish in any bowl they have played.

Okay..that's what I like to see...more the best 2 loss team in history. 10 years from now only a LSU homer will even remember this 2 loss squad....because no cares about a 2 loss team... :D

LSU beat Notre Dame tonight that's it. LSU won the Sugar Bowl congrats they played well and they won.

Jamarcus Russell is the best qb in my mind and was before the game started imo. all of this does not change the loss to Auburn and Flordia.

Congrats and enjoy it.

Arkansas lost by 3 points to a good Wisconsin team that will finish ranked in the top 5, they are not what you refer to above. Tenn. fumbled the ball and game away late, they were outplayed and deserved to lose. But they were still a solid team and tough to beat at home, period. I could care less about ND. I look forward to the day to play any Big 12 team around, bring them on. Oklahoma was lucky to be in the BCS, they certainly didn't deserve to be there. But somebody from the Big 12 had to be. Just another default team like ND.

couple points.....

---The Wisky/Ark game was terrible on both sides- had the illusion of some defensive struggle, but the reality is those are 2 incomplete teams that are average and would get dummied by the top teams

--- USC not #3 - you joking? we all know USC/OSU are the 2 best teams-

mess I want a playoff so badly

couple points.....

---The Wisky/Ark game was terrible on both sides- had the illusion of some defensive struggle, but the reality is those are 2 incomplete teams that are average and would get dummied by the top teams

USC could be the 2nd best team, that is immaterial. I was referring to where they will be ranked come next Tuesday. They won't be voted #2 because coming off the UCLA loss they fell to #8. They will move up but will probaly finish #4. And no, we do not all know that. Everything on this forum is just conjecture based on what an individual's opinion is, nothing more. If USC was really the 2nd best team, how come they couldn't beat UCLA with so much on the line late in the season? Because they played multiple big games in a row and could not get up again for UCLA. Welcome to life in the Big Ten and SEC, where you have to get up every week or get waxed.

Okay..that's what I like to see...more the best 2 loss team in history. 10 years from now only a LSU homer will even remember this 2 loss squad....because no cares about a 2 loss team... :D

LSU beat Notre Dame tonight that's it. LSU won the Sugar Bowl congrats they played well and they won.

Jamarcus Russell is the best qb in my mind and was before the game started imo. all of this does not change the loss to Auburn and Flordia.

Congrats and enjoy it.

But people may remember that you finished ranked #2 in the country.

BTW, this senior squad will finish with its 3rd top 5 finish in 4 years including a BCS national title, not too shabby and you are right, this homer won't forget them.

couple points.....

It wouldn't shock me if Wisconsin fell out of the top ten.

Though I'm sure Arkie would move up to 7 or 8 because the Big 12 is just a better conference.

couple points.....

Gotta agree at least with your Hog comment. What we may find out by Tuesday is that LSU/Florida are the two best teams in the nation.

Gotta agree at least with your Hog comment. What we may find out by Tuesday is that LSU/Florida are the two best teams in the nation.

Could, I doubt it, but it could. I honestly don't see Ohio State dropping past #2, unless its a Gator blow out. Last few years, the loser hasn't dropped that far, if at all. USC dropped to #2 last year, Oklahoma only dropped to #3 in 04 despite getting thumped bad, and Oklahoma didn't drop at all in 03, although USC did despite winning in the coaches poll, but that was only because the coaches couldn't vote for them. Miami only dropped to #2 in 02. Only reason Oklahoma dropped 2 years ago, was because Auburn was undefeated, otherwise they wouldn't drop. I think it would be a crime if Fla dropped below LSU no matter what happens, they certainly didn't get a gift with a lousy team to face.

BTW, this senior squad will finish with its 3rd top 5 finish in 4 years including a BCS national title, not too shabby and you are right, this homer won't forget them.

Yes, they might and it will be a 1 loss team that might finish 2nd or 3rd for that matter.

I love OSU "98" squad maybe the best that has come through OSU and imo was better than the "02" squad.

Who do most remember more the "02" they won the title. OSU "96" squad the same way most likely better than "02".The only people that remember the 96/98 teams is OSU homers. Michigan fans might remember the 96 team when Tim Biabatuka(or however that pos spells his name) dashed the title hopes. I doubt anyone else does. Michigan State and Plaxico killed the "98" team.

MY POINT is I'm guessing nobody outside Ohio remembers those squads which was a huge part of the national picture back then.

Edited by sacosud

I remember it as a shared title, which is not their fault in anyway.

USC and LSU would have been nice to see. :D

I agree it's a very good accomplishment and something a true homer remembers.

Edited by sacosud

:D Nice post...yer certifiable. LSU would handle their business against any team in the nation. I'd bet my house that LSU would beat any team in the Sugar Bowl...you shouldn't have doubted them before. They should be ranked third in the Nation after the championship game not third in the SEC.

Edited by SuperBalla

You cant possibly believe this crap that you type! :D

:D Nice post...yer certifiable. LSU would handle their business against any team in the nation. I'd bet my house that LSU would beat any team in the Sugar Bowl...you shouldn't have doubted them before. They should be ranked third in the Nation after the championship game not third in the SEC.

o

Think what Sarge is saying is that the SEC should have more teams ranked in the top 5 nationally. Apparently he really likes Auburn considering they beat a top 2 or 3 nationally ranked team.