[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quinn wants to play for Browns

kpholmes

KFFL

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports a source close to the Notre Dame football program said QB Brady Quinn hopes to play for the Cleveland Browns next season. The source added Notre Dame coach Charlie Weis has informed Browns head coach Romeo Crennel of Quinn's feelings.

Ok... Whatever you say Brady :D

Fine by me, as long as we can get a handfull for the move down.

Or the Lions.

The Lions gig might not be that bad, even with Millen running the show. Martz does a tremendous job of developing QBs and Quinn would fit well in his offense.

On the other hand, there's really no upside at all to the Raiders right now. And that's unlikely to change until Al sells the franchise (which probably won't be anytime soon).

The Lions gig might not be that bad, even with Millen running the show. Martz does a tremendous job of developing QBs and Quinn would fit well in his offense.

On the other hand, there's really no upside at all to the Raiders right now. And that's unlikely to change until Al sells the franchise (which probably won't be anytime soon).

yeah. but martz may not be there long

It's nice that Quinn wants to play for the Browns. If I was from Ohio I might want to play for the Browns too. But frankly Brady, you ain't in Division 1 anymore. The NFL has a draft in place to promote a sense of parity that works pretty well for the league on the whole.

Rooks should shut up about this stuff, because next fall the chances are they will end up wearing a different uniform than they might have hoped, and be surrounded by a bunch of guys who are wondering if their new hot shot first round draft pick A) really wants to play with them and :D is worth blocking for.

It's nice that Quinn wants to play for the Browns. If I was from Ohio I might want to play for the Browns too. But frankly Brady, you ain't in Division 1 anymore. The NFL has a draft in place to promote a sense of parity that works pretty well for the league on the whole.

Rooks should shut up about this stuff, because next fall the chances are they will end up wearing a different uniform than they might have hoped, and be surrounded by a bunch of guys who are wondering if their new hot shot first round draft pick A) really wants to play with them and B ) is worth blocking for.

good post

You're such a pessimist. Me, however, being an optimist feels that this is a great week to be a corner. With all the problems going around with the CBs, more jobs are available. I mean hell even Pete Hunter found work playing for Seattle against his old team.

He played like a brown tonight...

quinn should ask frye, anderson, garcia, mccown, holcomb and couch how much fun it is to play in the afc north behind that oline. why not go to a team that has 14 guys on IR and a nice case of staph infections? its gonna be fun playing with an egotystical receiver and a tight end with half a brain.

Quinn has shown consistently that he cannot win the big games. He just does not seem to have that extra gear that helps a great player step it up when the pressure is on. I think that he will end up being a bust in the NFL.

Quinn has shown consistently that he cannot win the big games. He just does not seem to have that extra gear that helps a great player step it up when the pressure is on. I think that he will end up being a bust in the NFL.

Quinn hasn't won the "Big Game" because his team is INFERIOR. Did you see the game last night? ND was completely outmatched with regard to speed and talent.

I'm not saying he'll be Joe Montana, but I think he'll get it done in the NFL.

Quinn is probably worse than Alex Smith. Anyone think that was a good pick by the Niners right about now.

Do you honestly believe that to be true? I don't see it. Not baiting you here, just looking for your reasoning.

Quinn hasn't won the "Big Game" because his team is INFERIOR. Did you see the game last night? ND was completely outmatched with regard to speed and talent.

I'm not saying he'll be Joe Montana, but I think he'll get it done in the NFL.

I'm not just referring to the Bowl game. Any close games against good teams, they have come up short. Does that mean its all his fault? Certainly not. But he simply hasn't shown the ability to do something special and lead his team to victory when it really counts. Maybe I'm dead wrong and he'll get a lot better under the right circumstances, but from what little I've seen of him so far I would not want to rely on him as the future of my franchise.

yeah. but martz may not be there long

Yep I really think Martz will be in AZ to begin yet another Greatest Show On Turf. You've got Matt, Fitz, Boldin and Edge, can an Offensive Coach ask for more. Granted he will need to draft an OL, but wow you know he is licking his chops for this position....

Yep I really think Martz will be in AZ to begin yet another Greatest Show On Turf. You've got Matt, Fitz, Boldin and Edge, can an Offensive Coach ask for more. Granted he will need to draft an OL, but wow you know he is licking his chops for this position....

They play on grass in Arizona. But I get the point. He'd probably be a good choice for them.

I'm not just referring to the Bowl game. Any close games against good teams, they have come up short. Does that mean its all his fault? Certainly not. But he simply hasn't shown the ability to do something special and lead his team to victory when it really counts. Maybe I'm dead wrong and he'll get a lot better under the right circumstances, but from what little I've seen of him so far I would not want to rely on him as the future of my franchise.

I've seen just about every game he's played in, and I DO think he has what it takes, putting aside the victories against the Navys and Stanfords of the College Football World. He does have some pretty good numbers against some good teams; against the Elite teams he struggles, as ND IS NOT an elite team.

As you said though, we shall see. The NFL is a whole different ball game as we all know.