[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cowher to Miami?

DemonKnight

Cowher to Dolphins not that far-fetched

Thursday, Jan 4, 2007 3:13 pm EST

If Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Bill Cowher steps down as expected in the coming days, the Steelers would own his coaching rights through the final year of his contract.

But Pittsburgh could choose to accept draft picks and/or cash in exchange for those rights if a team – say, the Miami Dolphins – wanted to pursue a deal.

Miami's offensive and defensive coordinators both worked under Cowher in Pittsburgh, and the Dolphins have the deep pockets necessary to lure a top candidate.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Hmmm. :D

not this year, but maybe next. We will likely get a place filler this year and see how he pans out. If needed we might get into the Cowher sweepstakes next year. Besides, why would Cowher retire only to go to Miami? Miami has a great owner, but so do the Steelers.

Beyond this - I do not want another guy who does not want to get into something for the long haul.

exactly. why would Cowher leave a team b/c they have no qb's to coach a team that has no qb's??

Thats always been the case with Cowher though...who was his best QB? O'Donnell? One of the many reasons I hope he does not come to Miami.

But if Wayne gives him 6 mill + a year and control-why not? However, I say he's true to his word-it's family time for the Chin.

It's not a matter of "giving his word." I could be wrong, but isn't he under contract w/the Steelers until 2008 anyway? He wouldn't be allowed to coach Miami or anywhere else until after next season.

so.....I'm not allowed to not like him because..........?

I guess the Cowboys don't remember what a consistently winning franchise looks like anymore, so I think we need to remind you that it is a GOOD thing.

Bill Cowher isn't Nick Saban, I think he stays out at least until his youngest is in college. And that would be a wise move on his part; if you don't have the desire, the NFL will eat you live (witness Joe Gibbs, Nick Saban)

I guess the Cowboys don't remember what a consistently winning franchise looks like anymore, so I think we need to remind you that it is a GOOD thing.

Bill Cowher isn't Nick Saban, I think he stays out at least until his youngest is in college. And that would be a wise move on his part; if you don't have the desire, the NFL will eat you live (witness Joe Gibbs, Nick Saban)

Cowher had a nice run in Pittsburgh. Maybe I just don't like his style. I watch alot of Steeler's games and he always seemed to get conservative with a lead. ALWAYS. And his standing on the field screaming "LET'S GO! LET'S GO!" with his chin stuck out every game gets on my nerves.

And I know I'm in the minority here but I think it was a mistake on his part this year to not pull Ben and let Batch play. Seemed obvious that Ben was lost on the field this year (maybe rightfully so after the offseason he had).

I just don't like him. :D

I realize that pretty much all of the Steeler fans on this board are sad to see him go but I'm friends with some Steeler fans that were never crazy about him either....

Cowher had a nice run in Pittsburgh. Maybe I just don't like his style. I watch alot of Steeler's games and he always seemed to get conservative with a lead. ALWAYS. And his standing on the field screaming "LET'S GO! LET'S GO!" with his chin stuck out every game gets on my nerves.

And I know I'm in the minority here but I think it was a mistake on his part this year to not pull Ben and let Batch play. Seemed obvious that Ben was lost on the field this year (maybe rightfully so after the offseason he had).

I just don't like him. :D

Fair enough; The Walrus (you may know him as Mike Holmgren) did/does the same thing - he either goes too conservative and sits on the ball or panics when down and throws too much; it was irritating, and you think a coach of that caliber (The Chin or the Walrus) would know better.

I always liked his on-field demeanor - energetic but not asinine, and I think that helped him connect with his players, but I know some people prefer the Landry-esque stoicism (unless the team is losing, then the stoicism means the coach "doesn't care" :D ).

I'd say his record, ESPECIALLY in the free agent era, speaks to his ability to coach guys up and get them to buy into his system, and work well with a front office. I think he'd be a CLEAR coaching upgrade for about 29 teams (Belicheck, Reid, Fisher excepted).