[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Off season rules changes

Bronco Billy

Ideas for rules that some leagues need to add (to cut down on veto/tiebreaking/etc threads every year)

Thoughts on vetoing trades:

Trades can only be vetoed through a minimum of 75% of a league vote of owners not involved in the trade. A trade can only be brought to league vote for veto by evidence of collusion.

Collusion shall be defined as one or more owners intentionally and knowingly weaking their team in a trade in an effort to make another team or teams stronger; or by two or more owners pooling their respective rosters by trade/trade-back agreements in an effort to strengthen each team temporarily.

Collusion shall not be defined as to disagreement of the value of players between owners.

Thoughts for tiebreakers:

Tiebreakers for playoff seeding:

1) Head to head records

2) Higher points scored

3) Record vs division opponents

4) Higher points scored against

5) Dice roll

Tie-breaker for playoff games:

The tie-breaking system between two teams in any game shall be determined by each team's bench scoring. Each team's 5 highest scoring active bench players shall be compared and there shall be at most one player from any position in the tiebreaking group. The team with the higher cumulative bench scoring will be declared the winner of the playoff game. The highest scoring bench players shall be determined by simple inspection of each team's bench.

Other items that need to be addressed?

Edited by Bronco Billy

There's always things about lineup changes and deadlines that come up.

Also, bad lineups/no lineups put in. (missing a player, or didn't put one in, so have injured/bye players)

FOr the latter, our league does a fine, then uses Fantasy Sharks (off MFL) to determine the lineup. If happens twice, very large fine. Three times, teams is out.

I'm in one league(dynasty) where people are considering changing the rookie draft from serpentine to a regular draft. Last year the drfat was serpentine. I am all for mimicking the NFL but there serious rules changes require more a mere majority.

Since I have the last pick I don't believe this change should be done without a 2/3 to 3/4 vote of league members.

I like helping the lower teams but in many leagues winners are winners because they do more off season work.

So for major changes to existing rules I think you should mimick what the NFL does.

In my local leage, we require 51% (really, 6 of 10) to pass any rule changes. It's unbelievable how many over the years have gotten 5, but not the 6th, vote.

Dynasty league - gotta say I definitely think you should mimic NFL - every round worst to first.

Agreed that dynasty leagues should be worst to first every round rather than serpentine. I'd also add that keeper leagues might modify their drafts somehow - maybe as many worst to first rounds as there are keepers (ie - if teams are allowed to keep 2 players, the first 2 rounds should be worst to first, then serpentine afterwards).

We are going to change how wild cards are determined (basically a tie-breaker situation). Before we did it same as div. winners were, which meant after W/L and H2H we used div. record. That's stupid for WCs, so we are going to change it, probably to highest season pts, as next tie-breaker. Tie-breakers in general are something leagues should look at to make sure they agree that they're fair/make sense IMO.

Scoring "tweaks" are another one we look at each year.