[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

*** Smackbowl Info***

DMD

I have already emailed those people who forgot to select a particular position.

I will be publishing the final teams after midnight tonight. If there are any "holes" I will fill them based on what you picked around the missing position. I will close the page down at midnight CST tonight and then you will have until kick-off on Saturday (4:30 EST) to make any changes by emailing me at dorey@thehuddle.com with the subject title "SMACKBOWL CHANGES". No other means will be allowed so I can keep all changes together.

Thanks and best of luck. Should be interesting this year since no one has a clue what NFC team to pick from!

I have already emailed those people who forgot to select a particular position.

I will be publishing the final teams after midnight tonight. If there are any "holes" I will fill them based on what you picked around the missing position. I will close the page down at midnight CST tonight and then you will have until kick-off on Saturday (4:30 EST) to make any changes by emailing me at dorey@thehuddle.com with the subject title "SMACKBOWL CHANGES". No other means will be allowed so I can keep all changes together.

Thanks and best of luck. Should be interesting this year since no one has a clue what NFC team to pick from!

I do.... :D

One of the great things about the Smackbowl is that most years have one "surprise" team reaching if not winning the Superbowl. So it ends up those who do very well in the Smackbowl are typically homers for the surprise team. Plus they get to be obnixious because their team does so well. In all the Smackbowls, I think there was only once that I bought a helmet for a team that was not in the Superbowl.

One of the great things about the Smackbowl is that most years have one "surprise" team reaching if not winning the Superbowl. So it ends up those who do very well in the Smackbowl are typically homers for the surprise team. Plus they get to be obnixious because their team does so well. In all the Smackbowls, I think there was only once that I bought a helmet for a team that was not in the Superbowl.

So can Lions fans get some kind of welfare program or something to help us out?

Well...that accounts for my Vikings helmet. :D

Let me rephrase - there is no concensus at all about the NFL. I got a feeling you are dead-on balls accurate.

:clap: ok, just for giggles i went back and looked at all of your game predictions for the cowboys' games this year.

you had them winning 14 games, by an average of 11 points :D:D:bash:

what's worse is the two games you actually had them losing, they ended up WINNING (@ CAR and vs IND)

so....let's just say your "feelings" in games involving the cowboys are rarely objective, or accurate. :tup:

Edited by Azazello1313

:clap: ok, just for giggles i went back and looked at all of your game predictions for the cowboys' games this year.

what's worse is the two games you actually had them losing, they ended up WINNING (@ CAR and vs IND)

so....let's just say your "feelings" in games involving the cowboys are rarely objective, or accurate. :tup:

That's gonna leave a mark.

As easy as it is to look back over 16 weeks of playing time and throw stones, let's look closer if you honestly think it is an issue.

DAL was favored in 12 of 16 games. The times they were not favored:

week 1 in Jacksonville (JAX favored 2.5, won by 4; week one games who knows)

week 4 in Philadelphia (PHI favored 2, won 38-24 ),

week 8 in Carolina (CAR favored by 3, I had CAR win by 1, DAL won by 21)

Week 11 vs Indianapolis (IND favored by 1, DAL won by 7, I had IND by 3)

By the Vegas SU, DAL should have been 12-4 on the season. They went 9-7.

When I selected DAL to win but they lost:

Week 1 opener in JAX

Week 5 in PHI (Bledsoe throw int for 102 yd TD instead of TD at goal line for the tie)

Week 7 vs NYG (Bledsoe throws a 96 yard int for a TD instead of a TD at the goal line again)

week 9 at WAS (Vandy had a FG blocked at end of game to win, WAS gets a FG instead to win)

Week 13 vs NO (DAL favored by 6.5, crumpled at home)

week 16 vs NO( favored by 7, crumpled at home)

week 17 vs DET (favored by 13, crumpled at home)

So week one was a "whatever" game, Weeks 5 & 7 were both winnable but Bledsoe at the goal line threw two INT TDs which led to his benching, week 9 was a blocked FG and the final three DAL games were all surprises in games favored by at least 6.5 points at home.

It is grossly unfair expectations to forsee what happened to Dallas as me being unobjective. If that was the case, then EVERYONE was being unobjective. For the want of three plays, Dallas would have been 12-4 on the season with losses at home at the end of the season.

The problem here is that the Cowboys have been playing very inconsistently and very out of character. Bob Cunningham also predicts games on the site and even though he is not a Dallas fan (SD), he too had DAL winning 14 of 16 games if you go back through. It is a much different thing to predict them each week based on everything that week than to look back over an entire season and decide someone is unobjective because they predicted one team to win more than they did. It actually is not that easy and rather unfair to judge.

Just out of interest, I went back to 2005 and summing up my DAL predictions I had them winning 10 games when they actually won 9. They tanked in week 17 too at home against STL if you recall or "overall" I would have been dead on.

Historically I have usually been harder on DAL than it ended up being. 2006 was a season that had Dallas lose three games that they should have won statistically and I was hardly alone in what I predicted. I was wrong often on DAL because everyone was wrong. I can only suppose it must seem easier than it is, but I find it disingenuous to unfairly accuse me of something and then tack a smilie on the end.

DMD - Teflon yet again.

But hey, at least you made him do a bunch of extra research for evidence to smack you down with. :D

As easy as it is to look back over 16 weeks of playing time and throw stones, let's look closer if you honestly think it is an issue.

Week 1 opener in JAX

Week 5 in PHI (Bledsoe throw int for 102 yd TD instead of TD at goal line for the tie)

Week 7 vs NYG (Bledsoe throws a 96 yard int for a TD instead of a TD at the goal line again)

week 9 at WAS (Vandy had a FG blocked at end of game to win, WAS gets a FG instead to win)

So week one was a "whatever" game, Weeks 5 & 7 were both winnable but Bledsoe at the goal line threw two INT TDs which led to his benching, week 9 was a blocked FG and the final three DAL games were all surprises in games favored by at least 6.5 points at home.

It is grossly unfair expectations to forsee what happened to Dallas as me being unobjective. If that was the case, then EVERYONE was being unobjective. For the want of three plays, Dallas would have been 12-4 on the season with losses at home at the end of the season.

The problem here is that the Cowboys have been playing very inconsistently and very out of character. Bob Cunningham also predicts games on the site and even though he is not a Dallas fan (SD), he too had DAL winning 14 of 16 games if you go back through. It is a much different thing to predict them each week based on everything that week than to look back over an entire season and decide someone is unobjective because they predicted one team to win more than they did. It actually is not that easy and rather unfair to judge.

Just out of interest, I went back to 2005 and summing up my DAL predictions I had them winning 10 games when they actually won 9. They tanked in week 17 too at home against STL if you recall or "overall" I would have been dead on.

Historically I have usually been harder on DAL than it ended up being. 2006 was a season that had Dallas lose three games that they should have won statistically and I was hardly alone in what I predicted. I was wrong often on DAL because everyone was wrong. I can only suppose it must seem easier than it is, but I find it disingenuous to unfairly accuse me of something and then tack a smilie on the end.

In other words, enjoy your banning Az. :D:D

As easy as it is to look back over 16 weeks of playing time and throw stones, I can only suppose it must seem easier than it is, but I find it disingenuous to unfairly accuse me of something and then tack a smilie on the end.

You might want to give Azz a break...his best friend right now is a snow blower :D

Cabin Fever by the Muppets

I got cabin fever it's burning in my brain

I've got cabin fever it's driving me insane

We got cabin fever, we're flipping our bandanas

Been stuck in snow so long we have simply gone bananas

Ariba!

Chica chica boom

A chica chica boom boom chic

Chica chica boom

A chica chica boom boom chic

We got cabin fever we've lost what sense we had

We got cabin fever, we're all going mad

My sanity is hanging by a thread

Since we're going nowhere I've gone out of my head

Grab your partner by the ears

Tie 'em by the heels

Do-si-do step on his toe

Listen to him squeal

Allemande left, allemande right

It's time to make a stink

Swing your partner out the door

Into the frozen drink

We got cabin fever

No if's, and's, or but's

We're disoriented

And demented

And Azz has gone quite nuts

Ach du lieber Volswagen car

(Yodel-lay-ee-hoo)

Saur braten viener schnitzel

Und a vunder bar

(Yodel-lay-ee-hoo)

It's been snowing snowing and there's nowhere we can hide

Although we tried

I've got cabin fever

I think I've lost my grip

I'd like to get my hands on

Whoever wrote this script

Si!

I was floating 'neath the Colorado moon

And dreaming of that blue saloon

Now I'm crazy as a loon

Cabin fever has ravaged all aboard

Colorado has become one big psycho ward

It's been snowing snowing snowing who knows where

And now though we're all here

We're not all there

Cabin fever!

DMD, running the Smack Bowl and the laying the Smack Down when needed. :D

Week 1 opener in JAX

Edited by jgw