[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jeff Garcia article

kryptonite

Nice article on QB Jeff Garcia....worth the read....

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/01/05/sports/f...l/05eagles.html

Garcia said he was 7 years old in the late 1970s when his 6-year-old brother, Jason, drowned during a family camping trip in northern California. When Jeff was 8, his 5-year-old sister, Kimberly, tumbled out of the bed of a truck and sustained fatal head injuries.

I had no idea......what a life..........

Hmm. good article, i didn't know all that.

Wow! Great story! But I still cant pull for the Eagles, because their shi@tty fans dont deserve a good guy like Jeff Garcia...

What an ass.

A 5 year old was in the bed of a pick up?

Dude, it was probably in the '70s, before parents attempted to put their kids in bubble-wrap cocoons. Heck, I look at stuff like playgrounds, bike helmets, sexual predator laws, etc and sometimes think Gen X's parents were actively trying to KILL us. :D

Think of the stuff you did back then that people would freak out about and call child welfare on you if your kids did it today. :D

I just heard a story that when Garcia was with the Niners his father was a regular call on the sports talk shows on KNBR and he was just known as Bob from Gilroy, and he'd talk about the Niners It got leaked to the SF brass and Jeff had to tell his Dad to stop calling in.

The thing is I remember Bob from Gilroy! He was a favorite caller. I was a sales rep at the time, and traveled around the No. Cal and could get KNBR from Monterey to Redding and sports talk on KNBR kept me entertained for the long drives.