[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why Florida wins by 10

polksalet

Same stuff I heard in "02" I love it...Give OSU no respect that's fine with me...WE suck and have no chance.

OSU is slow and can't compete with the speed of the SEC. Did Tenn. Hang with Florida??? Do you think Gamecocks would compete with OSU??? Auburn that much better than the Buckeyes???? Vols that much better than the Buckeyes....Your right we would finish in lower half of the SEC and by the way I'm guessing those Aggies would love to beat OSU and all the slow weak Big Ten schools. :D

I guess we shall see.

Where's Texas A&M and their 12th man....lol....SITTING on their couch watching real teams play for a title.

Miami was to beat us by like 14 points...lol...Speed in the Big Ten has changed and OSU has lead the way.

Monday will be here soon and maybe your right. I invite you to put alot of money on those Gators if your really that confident. I wish you luck. Everyone Betted alot of Money the day after the game..lol

I myself would not touch this game money wise on either team too many questions for both teams.

09/16/06 vs. Florida * Knoxville, Tenn. , 21-20 I do think Buckeyes are as good as the Vols.

I'm not saying Florida can't win the game they are in the game for a reason unlike the Aggies and the Tigers. YOU HAVE TO GET THERE TO WIN IT AGGIES/TIGERS sit back enjoy a ice cold beer or soda and know maybe next year your teams...MIGHT...Get to the Big Dance. :D Okay maybe the Tigers.

I called OSU winning that game. They were a veteran laden team with an incredible defense, one that was many times better than they will field against florida. I think florida plays the role you idiots did a few years back.

As of Tuesday morning the aggies will have a better record in '07 than the yankees.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong - you saw real team speed with SC- Mich looked to be as fast as OSU prior.

I guarantee you the SEC has faster players than the Big 10 - ur out of it again- aren't you?

...so, um, how did PSU beat UT and UW beat Arky with all them slow players?

PSU has better talent and TN best wr was suspended. Wisconsin was prepared for the single wing. Truthfully Arky was more overrated than osu. Next year they will return to normal with 5 or 6 wins.

PSU has better talent and TN best wr was suspended. Wisconsin was prepared for the single wing. Truthfully Arky was more overrated than osu. Next year they will return to normal with 5 or 6 wins.

So PSU has BETTER players than Tn. But they're slower. :D

Think Terrell Owens vs. Reggie Mcneal.

Okay, so team speed trumps just about everything, and the Big Ten is slow, but they BEAT supposedly faster teams in bowl games with surprising regularity. So their slow players are better than other teams fast players, but the Big Ten isn't fast enough to win.

You've got a funny little world going on there. :D

I did not say osu is slow. I said they weren't as fast across the board as fu. I think psu tam speed was about 95% as fast as tu but their discipline and intelligence was 200% of tu. Arky has Darren McFadden, maybe the best player walking the earth. Without him they would finish at the bottom of the sun belt. I am truly amazed they stayed close to wisconsin.

However this florida team is not quite like that. They have nearly as much speed on offense at every position except qb where they have a better passer imo. On D it is a tossup on speed but I am betting uf is slightly quicker since they did not grow up on a diet of kraut and kolaches.

Okay, so team speed trumps just about everything, and the Big Ten is slow, but they BEAT supposedly faster teams in bowl games with surprising regularity. So their slow players are better than other teams fast players, but the Big Ten isn't fast enough to win.

You've got a funny little world going on there. :D

This is how the clarett team beat shockey a few years back. I would rather have a great ball player who runs a 4.5 than carlos francis.

I called OSU winning that game. They were a veteran laden team with an incredible defense, one that was many times better than they will field against florida. I think florida plays the role you idiots did a few years back.

As of Tuesday morning the aggies will have a better record in '07 than the yankees.

Yeah sure you called that and I'm guessing every major upset that's happened in the last ten years. :D

Hey, I doubt you even play a game before the Yankees do, but I'll let George know.

That might be a team your Aggies can compete with since they play baseball...NAHHHH..You still get your Hillbilly "rear end" handed to you.

Edited by sacosud

:D

If Ohio State isn't getting any respect, why are they favored by 7 and why are most picking them to win? I know a lot of us have rooting interests and I'm as a big a homer as there is, but how anyone can say that Ohio State is not getting respect is beyond me.

I could pull the quote from your tackle. :bash:

He stated he thought OSU has not seen team speed like Florida and Florida would suprise OSU.

Troy Smith took that as disrespect and said with all due respect to Florida because they are a fast team,but it's not like we jogged or walked around this season.

I'll look for the links, however it was in the Columbus Dispatch on Thursday I believe. :D below.

http://www.dispatch.com/football/football....0104-D4-01.html

Edited by sacosud

Yeah sure you called that and I'm guessing every major upset that's happened in the last ten years. :D

Hey, I doubt you even play a game before the Yankees do, but I'll let George know.

That might be a team your Aggies can compete with since they play baseball...NAHHHH..You still get your Hillbilly "rear end" handed to you.

you don't remember.. oh yeah,that's right, you are a newb :D:bash:

Texas is fast, but undisciplined and poorly coached.

Texas Tech is bar none the fastest team I have seen this year. Of course their players weight 137 pounds so that offsets the gainin speed.

Speed ain't everythng but all things being equal speed will triumph.

I did not say osu is slow. I said they weren't as fast across the board as fu. I think psu tam speed was about 95% as fast as tu but their discipline and intelligence was 200% of tu. Arky has Darren McFadden, maybe the best player walking the earth. Without him they would finish at the bottom of the sun belt. I am truly amazed they stayed close to wisconsin.

However this florida team is not quite like that. They have nearly as much speed on offense at every position except qb where they have a better passer imo. On D it is a tossup on speed but I am betting uf is slightly quicker since they did not grow up on a diet of kraut and kolaches.

If you're so amazed that they stayed close to the slow Wisconsin team, then I'm sure you were equally amazed that they stayed close, or beat every SEC team they faced?

the better team, uh ok. SC had that game in control, and got sloppy, and gave UT and VY life-

SC beats that UT squad 8/10 times- but whatever- VY is amazing, I give you that.

And OU beats the 04 SC team 9/10 times. But it didnt happen when it counts. So it obviously doesnt matter

Wildcat, I honestly dont know if Ive ever met anyone who is simply wrong about everything as you. Seriously you have an excuse for everything. And are about as clueless as a queer sheep. I dont even know why I respond to your ignorant ass. Each time I do, I feel like im arguing with a 6 yr old school girl.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

And OU beats the 04 SC team 9/10 times. But it didnt happen when it counts.

:D

Jeezus- you West Texas Panhandle hick - you somehow work the OU into this, you bore me.

Possibly the dumbest statement you have ever posted which is saying alot. Waste of my time even commenting about that game, so I won't........

excuses? save it - that is all you come up with.

The reality is USC was in control of that game, and got cocky, a bit sloppy, and blew the game. VY won it for UT. fine -

Think no one is arguing overall the South produces more speed players at every position than the North, but as Brian pointed out that doesn't always guarantee victory aka Penn St and Wisconsin. Look at both those games and you see how a team from the North can have success if they can outmuscle their opponents.

Granted it has only happen twice this bowl season, but it does prove it's possible.

Edited by Rockerbraves

If Ohio State isn't getting any respect, why are they favored by 7 and why are most picking them to win? I know a lot of us have rooting interests and I'm as a big a homer as there is, but how anyone can say that Ohio State is not getting respect is beyond me.

+1 :D

The speed thing is a total myth. Everybody has speed. It is how you execute. Execution is the most important thing, followed by coaching. But you're right... how in the world can the Troy Smiths, Ted Ginns, Antonio Pittmans... etc etc etc keep up with those fast Gators? So Penn State is slow? Paul Pozluzny? Slow? Wow! I suppose James Lauranitis is slow too?

The speed thing is a total myth. Everybody has speed. It is how you execute. Execution is the most important thing, followed by coaching. But you're right... how in the world can the Troy Smiths, Ted Ginns, Antonio Pittmans... etc etc etc keep up with those fast Gators? So Penn State is slow? Paul Pozluzny? Slow? Wow! I suppose James Lauranitis is slow too?

Exactly. IF there is a difference in speed between teams, it's probably more on a basis of program than on the basis of conference. OSU has faster players than Northwestern, and Florida has faster players than Vandy. Any difference between OSU and UF on the speed front is negligible. It would be like saying SEC and Pac-10 teams have small OL. Maybe on average there is a slight size difference, but on the field it doesn't much matter; elite teams across the board have enough size and speed to compete on an even playing field.

I won't be here till Tuesday morning most likely. I hope you all enjoy the game.

:D to all the Seniors and Juniors who's last game in Scarlet and Gray is tomorrow.

OSU Fla

34 28

It should be a classic.

GO BUCKS

O-H I-O

Exactly. IF there is a difference in speed between teams, it's probably more on a basis of program than on the basis of conference. OSU has faster players than Northwestern, and Florida has faster players than Vandy. Any difference between OSU and UF on the speed front is negligible. It would be like saying SEC and Pac-10 teams have small OL. Maybe on average there is a slight size difference, but on the field it doesn't much matter; elite teams across the board have enough size and speed to compete on an even playing field.

Recall seeing those huge OL guys from Penn state & Nebraska walking around in the quarter when their teams played in the Sugar.