[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So, the Jet's have the most to spend this OS.

PantherDave

There is not much out there at the "skill" positions on the free agent market. So, I think they'll try to draft a RB. I think they will pursue a guard and a defensive back in free agency. Perhaps Leonard Davis from Arizona and Asante Samuel from New England. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some turnover on the defensive line. They need to get better at stopping the run. Overall, however, I expect them to follow the New England model and not give a tremendous amount of money to any individual player. So, they'll probably be active with the "second tier" type of free agents and continue to try to build through the draft.

There is not much out there at the "skill" positions on the free agent market. So, I think they'll try to draft a RB. I think they will pursue a guard and a defensive back in free agency. Perhaps Leonard Davis from Arizona and Asante Samuel from New England. I also wouldn't be surprised to see some turnover on the defensive line. They need to get better at stopping the run. Overall, however, I expect them to follow the New England model and not give a tremendous amount of money to any individual player. So, they'll probably be active with the "second tier" type of free agents and continue to try to build through the draft.

I think that's right on the money. Given Mangini's defensive background, as well as their struggles against the run, I'd look for them to go defense, and I think a cornerback and a run stopper would top the list. The defense finished the season strong, but that was against an extremely soft schedule.

Dwayne Robertson has improved a lot over the season at NT, and third year NT Sione Pouha will be back from a knee injury... it looked to me like he was going to be the starter this year. They got only 1 sack combined from 3-4 DE's Bobby Hamilton and Kimo vonOelenhoffen, who will both be 36 years old next year and niether is very good against the run anymore either. I think a DE opposite Ellis is hgh on the list... this kid Carriker (Nebraska) looks like a good fit, maybe with the 2.5 from Washington.

People don't realise that the Jets only gave up 102 points over the last eight regular season games. That's less than 13/game, including a 31 point stinker loss to Buffalo. Still, the run D needs to improve, although it did take some time for the new 3-4 system to come together.

Tony Hunt, RB PSU could be high on their list... big kid at 230 that is an accomplished pass blocker already. He and Leon Washington might make a nice combo.

They could use a run blocking RG, and my possible early surprise pick is a WR, maybe the Meacham kid fron Tennessee.

They will use some of that $ to extend Cotchery and Rhodes for sure. They might also try to work a deal with SD for Turner, but that's purely a guess. It isn't like this FO and CS to go out and sign big name players from what I've seen so far. They'll be active, but I don't think they will sign any big names.

PS: I agree, DB Asante Samuel could be very high on their list....

Edited by Rovers