[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

THE ANNOINTING OIL IS OFFICALLY ON ICE

Jumpy Gathers

Wouldn't have mattered anyhow, this game was paranormal all game long. I could just feel it after all the dropped picks, Glenn's fumble after a valient goal line stand, the first down reversal and all those phantom calls. Field goal or not, Seattle was going to win that game whether by a deep pass beating Roy or a PI call or something. Brown would have gotten in position. Quest fields enchantment insisted on it.

This is petty on my part but I loved his post game interview - trying to hold back the tears after he was giggling like a school girl all day Thanksgiving day (and yeah - I played the guy who had Barber and Owens that day so I'm bitter).

Yeah he took responsibility and it was pretty tough. It could help keep him grounded next year, but he;ll feel it awhile. A shame it had to end like that.

Grammatica could have blocked Babineaux. I thought Romo was going in.

Romo will have a great NFL career ..i am betting he will come back and be even better next year

and Dallas would not have been in a playoff game this year if not for him ...Bledsoe was not getting them there for sure

Edited by isleseeya

Yeah he took responsibility and it was pretty tough. It could help keep him grounded next year, but he;ll feel it awhile. A shame it had to end like that.

Grammatica could have blocked Babineaux. I thought Romo was going in.

I thought so too, but when viewed from a different angle, I think his forward momentum carried him too far past Romo. To his credit, Grammatica did turn and at least attempt to block him--pretty heads up for a kicker.

They were talking today on Sirius radio about how they always use new balls for kicking, and to me, that ball did look pretty shiny and slick. It was a bad break all around, but I think Romo will suck it up and come back strong next year.

Game Over.

This blog was a way for me, Drew Bledsoe, to deal with the 2006 Dallas Cowboys season.

The season is over. And now so is this blog.

If I learned anything from Jerome Bettis, Jerry Seinfeld, and myself, it's that you should always leave them wanting more. Go out on top.

I don't want to be like Tony Romo, and peak early then fizzle out into obscurity and show up at the ProBowl in one month feeling like a 7th grader who crashed a prom knowing that I don't deserve to be there, hanging around all the "grown ups" knowing that everybody thinks that Matt Hasselback or Jon Kitna are better quarterbacks than me and that I cost the Cowboys a chance to advance to the next round because I couldn't hold on to a football, and I smell, and I don't like Burgers.

That's not who I am.

So this will be my last post.

I want to thank everybody who's ever read this blog. You are responsible for this greatness more than I am. Of course, that's not true. The only reason you are here is because I'm a master story teller. I was just being modest.

When I started this blog exactly 75 days ago (maybe, I'm just guesstimating) I had no idea how much of an impact it would have on my life. I just wanted an outlet. A way to share with the world my hilarious, well-articulated thoughts. I realized during the live blog last night that it has become so much more than that. I'm now not just a future hall of fame quarterback, but a future hall of fame author/entertainer as well.

So where do we go from here? Will I be back next year? Did Homo cry like a little girl in the locker room last night? These are questions that have no answers. Except for the Homo crying one. The answer to that is "OH God yes."

That reminds me. One final Homo story for the road:

As Homo sat by his locker, with this head in his hands shivering from sadness, tears rolling off of his elbows and onto his knees, I almost felt bad enough not to mess with him... But I couldn't resist!

I walked up to him, put my hand on his shoulder and said "Hey Buddy. I know how you're feeling. This is probably the low point in your life. You look around and you're surrounded by a room full of people you've disappointed today. It's tough to look any one of us in the eye and say "Thanks for practicing all year long and preparing, but it doesn't matter because I couldn't hold onto a football." As an athlete there is nothing worse than letting your team down. It's hard, I know. It's really hard. But on the plus side I saved a lot of money on my car insurance by switching to Geiko. Also -- Did you get my letter? Because I think I forgot to STAMP IT!"

He moved his foot as I went to stomp on it, but I think I got him pretty good otherwise.

Okay, thanks for reading everybody. It's been fun. I'm leaving the comments open, so if you have anything to say, just know that I'll be reading them.

Burgers,

Drew Bledsoe.

The ball slipped, give the guy a break. Would you rather have Bledsoe in there?

They made a comment too about it being a kickers ball and not one he is used to holding on to. Why do kickers have different balls etc. I have heard that they microwave them and all kinds of sh*t. Maybe if Shaq and Ben Wallace could have a "free throw" ball, say a Nerf or something, they could make more free throws. I am not make ANY excuses for Romo but it just reminded me of this.

They made a comment too about it being a kickers ball and not one he is used to holding on to. Why do kickers have different balls etc. I have heard that they microwave them and all kinds of sh*t. Maybe if Shaq and Ben Wallace could have a "free throw" ball, say a Nerf or something, they could make more free throws. I am not make ANY excuses for Romo but it just reminded me of this.

They wanted the kickers to have a harder time kicking the ball (to encorage longer KO and punt returns and discourage longer FG attempts), so they are forced to use a ball that was not "broken in", this slicker and harder to kick accurately.

I was under the assumption that he was taking those snaps with a kickers ball all season. :D

I was under the assumption that he was taking those snaps with a kickers ball all season. :D

Yeah no excuses for Romo. I just think their should be 6 or 8 balls or however many are needed and you get the ball you get. It shouldn't matter if you are kicking off, kicking a field goal, running or throwing a John Shoop 3 yard screen pass on 3rd and 19!

Romo is making no excuses and neither are true Cowboy fans. the fact they missed the kick was only part of the story. Parcells should have gone for it on 4th down. With 1:19 left on the clock, even if they make that kick, Seattle comes right down the field on this defense and kicks a game winning FG with no time left and wins anyway. Going for the win, was the thing to do on the road, not going up by 2, with over a minute left facing one of the best long range FG kickers in the game, and a Qb that can get him in position in less than a minute.

Romo is making no excuses and neither are true Cowboy fans. the fact they missed the kick was only part of the story. Parcells should have gone for it on 4th down. With 1:19 left on the clock, even if they make that kick, Seattle comes right down the field on this defense and kicks a game winning FG with no time left and wins anyway. Going for the win, was the thing to do on the road, not going up by 2, with over a minute left facing one of the best long range FG kickers in the game, and a Qb that can get him in position in less than a minute.

I agree 100%. They did not have to score a TD on 4th but could have gotten the 1st down. The FG screwup was bad but I think calling that quick pass to Glenn inside the three yard line (approx.) was a bonehead call. Too risky and it blew up in their face.

I agree 100%. They did not have to score a TD on 4th but could have gotten the 1st down. The FG screwup was bad but I think calling that quick pass to Glenn inside the three yard line (approx.) was a bonehead call. Too risky and it blew up in their face.

agree. That pass to Glenn was a horrible idea.