[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chiefs vs. Colts (my homer review)

Chief Dick

Chiefs stunk. Colts didn't. See you next year.

the whole complexion of the game might have been changed if they had taken that pass they picked off of manning in the first half and got the score. right after they didn't, i knew they were cooked. could have been a competitive game. huard should have gotten a look, he couldn't have done any worse.

huard should have gotten a look, he couldn't have done any worse.

Not sure I agree with that. The key to this game, in my opinion, was how well the Colts tackled. I was amazed. Larry Johnson was one-one-one with a defensive back several times - either on a screen or an outside run - and EVERY time he was brought down for a loss, no gain or a minimal gain. He breaks those and they're probably 15 yard gains. That would have changed the complexion of the game. Colts did a good job wrapping up and bringing him down. I thought that was the key.

The Chiefs DID stink, but the Colts didn't exactly have a "team of destiny" look about them either.

That's true. How many times did the camera catch Manning with that cranky "I think I have a diaper rash" look on his face.

I don't recall ever seeing Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman or Brady with that look on their face.

I knew the Chiefs were in trouble from the opening snap. Everybody in the country knew the Chiefs were going to try and run Johnson all day. An effective offensive coordinator might have used that bit of information to call a play action pass to start the game. If they had done that, and completed a pass down the field on the very first play, the Chiefs might have changed the complexion of the whole game. But the play calling was pedestrian to start the game and pretty much throughout. The execution was deplorable. And that stellar offensive line looked old and tired.

And later in the game, when it was obvious the Chiefs O-line couldn't block the onslaught, an effective NFL caliber head coach might have decided at some point to get the more mobile QB in there to at least give your team a CHANCE. But Herm did not see it that way. The team threw in the towel. The coaches threw in the towel.

I have seen a lot of pathetic Chiefs efforts in the playoffs but that one was by far the most mind numbing and embarrassing displays I have ever witnessed.

I knew the Chiefs were in trouble from the opening snap. Everybody in the country knew the Chiefs were going to try and run Johnson all day. An effective offensive coordinator might have used that bit of information to call a play action pass to start the game. If they had done that, and completed a pass down the field on the very first play, the Chiefs might have changed the complexion of the whole game. But the play calling was pedestrian to start the game and pretty much throughout. The execution was deplorable. And that stellar offensive line looked old and tired.

And later in the game, when it was obvious the Chiefs O-line couldn't block the onslaught, an effective NFL caliber head coach might have decided at some point to get the more mobile QB in there to at least give your team a CHANCE. But Herm did not see it that way. The team threw in the towel. The coaches threw in the towel.

I have seen a lot of pathetic Chiefs efforts in the playoffs but that one was by far the most mind numbing and embarrassing displays I have ever witnessed.

Pretty much the way I saw it.

Herm is like the captain in "Mutiny on the Bounty". He gets a thought in his head (Trent Green is my qb....period!) and nothing will shake him from his perceived reality. Green was getting killed out there, and yet Herm just squeezed his eyes shut, clapped his hands over his ears and started yelling "LALALALALALALAICANTHEARYOULALALALALALA!!"

True, the Indy defense did step it up yesterday, but one would think that even a few adjustments by the Chiefs offense would have kept it competetive. Herm just seems unwilling to change. He might be a great motivator of men, but he just can't handle the head coaching duties.

Herm Edwards is a good man. I'd like him to coach my kids...you know, teach them fundamentals, how to be a good sport and why its important to hustle, etc.

That said, I don't want him coaching the Chiefs. They will not go any further than they did this year as long as he's the coach.

IMO