[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL overrated

FredGSanford

I have heard people sing the praises of MFL for a long time on this site. I am now in a playoff league on MFL and I am not impressed at all. My regular season league has used CBS Sportsline for years and will continue to use CBS after seeing what MFL is all about. Sorry guys, just one junkman's opinion.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard people sing the praises of MFL for a long time on this site. I am now in a playoff league on MFL and I am not impressed at all. My regular season league has used CBS Sportsline for years and will continue to use CBS after seeing what MFL is all about. Sorry guys, just one junkman's opinion.

What did it do that it was not supposed to?

Care to be more specific on why you're not impressed?

I can see where some think its not all shiny and sparkly as some other sites. But alot of that is due to your commish, as MFL leaves the appearance setup to each individual league to set up as they wish.

Bottom line....the reason I prefer MFL over any other sites I have used is...they are virtually never down, and the odd occasion they are, it never lasts long. And the rare times I have a problem...I can get someone to help me generally within the hour, either via email or their support message board.

Care to be more specific on why you're not impressed?

I can see where some think its not all shiny and sparkly as some other sites. But alot of that is due to your commish, as MFL leaves the appearance setup to each individual league to set up as they wish.

Bottom line....the reason I prefer MFL over any other sites I have used is...they are virtually never down, and the odd occasion they are, it never lasts long. And the rare times I have a problem...I can get someone to help me generally within the hour, either via email or their support message board.

If these are the only reasons you like MFL switch next season as I get all that with Fanball for probably half the price. I've never used MFL so I'm not bashing it, I'm just saying why pay more if you don't have to.

If these are the only reasons you like MFL switch next season as I get all that with Fanball for probably half the price. I've never used MFL so I'm not bashing it, I'm just saying why pay more if you don't have to.

I swear I remember a thread every week in here about fanball being down.

What did it do that it was not supposed to?

Or, conversely, what did it not do that it should have done?

This year was my first experience with MFL. I found it pretty handy.

You astonish me. You're an MFL n00b? :D

I have one Yahoo league - other than that, all my leagues are MFL. I don't think I'd join a league that wasn't.

EA does not offer any sort of function for the playoffs and MFL is great.I loaded our playoff rosters and after yesterdays games I am impressed.Plus it cost nothing and I am not having to manually calculate scores for the playoffs. :D

You astonish me. You're an MFL n00b? :D

My leagues are old school - of 5 leagues prior to this year, 1 was on DO Jaded's site, 1 was on ESPN, and 3 were done by hand.

This year, 1 was on MFL, 1 was on Sportsline, 1 was on ESPN, and 2 were done old-school.

Next year, it looks like 2 on MFL, 1 on Sportsline, and 1 on ESPN.

There were no real problems, I guess I just expected more. The site is a bit difficult to navigate and the live scoring is not even close to what CBS offers.

Live scoring on the site isn't that great, IMO. However, their downloadable Gameday program is absolutely superb, updating all leagues every 30 seconds in one neat application. They have wireless scoring also so you can get live updates on your phone / PDA.

What's to like about Sportsline?

Its incredibly easy to set your lineup, perform waivers and to otherwise manage your team on MFL MFL is infinitely superior in being able to sort players, whether its by points scored, by free agents or whatever. The type is large and easy to read.

Sportsline is a POS. Its difficult for me to believe that somebody really thinks that it is a superior site.

There were no real problems, I guess I just expected more. The site is a bit difficult to navigate and the live scoring is not even close to what CBS offers.

Just my :D -

CBS and MFL are both fine sites; I thought the live scoring on both was adequate, and didn't really notice any big difference between them.

I like the league breakdowns on MFL, and while I only had issues with CBS being down 2 or 3 times, that was 2 or 3 more times than MFL was down.

Basically, of the 3 internet sites my leagues use, all are functional, the prices are comparable, and I don't see any huge reason to praise or slam any of them. I'm going to move the league I commish from old school by-hand to MFL next year, so obviously I liked their set up best, but I didn't see enough of a difference where I feel comfortable chalking that up to anything but personal preference.

Just out of curiousity...how much is Fanball?

Not that I'd ever change...the reasons I listed are not the only reasons I prefer MFL...just two VERY IMPORTANT ones that I value very highly after experiences with other sites.

I really don't think you should base your opinion of MFL based on the playoff league. As many have already stated, MFL is more than adequate and I think you'll find it far more reliable than cbs.

Edit: Put a link to your league, it could be possible that your commish hasn't loaded all of the features.

Edited by twiley

my original local league is on cbs..... 7 others are on mfl. the only thing i like about cbs is the immediacy of live scoring..... i find it much more rapid, though less thorough than mfl. prefer every other feature of mfl...plus mfl is much cheaper.

Edited by Bier Meister

it's personal preference. I've been on many sites and my experiences vary from not impressed to usable to serviceable to I'm not leaving. I find MFL clugy and I don't like it. I really really really don't like having all you sack hangers forcing it down our throats.

I swear I remember a thread every week in here about fanball being down.

There might have been, however, none of them were from me because I didn't encounter the site or live scoring down once this year. Whether it was luck or not I don't know but it was always up. (can't wait for the responses on this one)

Just out of curiousity...how much is Fanball?

Not that I'd ever change...the reasons I listed are not the only reasons I prefer MFL...just two VERY IMPORTANT ones that I value very highly after experiences with other sites.

$59.99

CBS will only be $65 for 2007 !!! Yea, I know it is 50% off but if they screw up again in 2007 we can get it for $35 on '08. Just poking the fire here, I can't get our guys to change to an auction format much less change Fantasy sites.

I am definitely not slamming MFL. I just thought it would be far superior to anything else after seeing all the comments on these boards. And I don't think it is. However, if I win this league I will have 600 reasons to change my opinion. :D

What difference does it make if you win a league or don't? The MFL service will be the same.

In MFL, you're not forced to wait for player pics to download before you can move on or any other graphics that you don't need. I just want results and MFL brings it better than most others. I don't care if anybody else here agrees or disagrees. If you have 96% of Huddlers telling you how great it is, you still have an option to not use it if you don't agree.

CBS will only be $65 for 2007 !!! Yea, I know it is 50% off but if they screw up again in 2007 we can get it for $35 on '08. Just poking the fire here, I can't get our guys to change to an auction format much less change Fantasy sites.

So....if in 2007 CBS is a complete clusterf*** yet again, you'll carry on using it because it'll be even cheaper? Great idea, in 2009 it'll be $17.50, in 2010 it'll be $9, in 2011 it'll be $4.50 and all you have to do is put up with the aggravation of not being able to adjust your lineup every single week!

Brilliant! :D

I think a lot of what people prefer is just what they are used to. By now I have probably played on every league management system out there and I highly prefer MFL but that's just me. I find it faster, more intuitive to use and far more customizable than any other that I have used but if you have a particular software that you like, then it's going to be hard to compare because you already know how to use that software.

Viva la difference, but I'd take MFL over any other product I have ever used. But I know people that feel strongly about their personal preference for something else as well.