[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL overrated

FredGSanford

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PS Ursa... you were way too easy on me with the sigline bet. I sort of thank you, but to be honest I would have been far more evil... you'll see... next year :D .

It was an insider joke, sort of.

And now that I'm 1-0 up in the sigline bets, I'll retire with a winning record. :bash::D

Without reading through all the posts I'll just say that MFL is pretty much what you make of it. If you have a commish that is pretty good at setting up the site then it can be as good as anything out there. Even if your commish doesn't set it up well you can still have the option of customizing you own page. I've had a couple of leagues in the past that I didn't like the layout & I set it up to what I preferred.

Also, if you're not using MFL's Gameday Application then you are sorely missing out. That thing rocks.

I prefer Fanball because the price is only 59.95. Fanball made a big upgrade last year: The Live scoring is better than any of the others I have tried (MFL and CBS), free agent search is works great and the layout is user friendly and easy to navigate.

Those are the things that I prefer over the others, granted they all work the same, but I just prefer Fanball.

Edit: Fanball was never down all year...

Edited by Outshined

Without reading through all the posts I'll just say that MFL is pretty much what you make of it. If you have a commish that is pretty good at setting up the site then it can be as good as anything out there. Even if your commish doesn't set it up well you can still have the option of customizing you own page. I've had a couple of leagues in the past that I didn't like the layout & I set it up to what I preferred.

Also, if you're not using MFL's Gameday Application then you are sorely missing out. That thing rocks.

Pretty much sums it up. PS and FYI, MFL is I believe $60 if you sign up early enough ($10-20 more later in the summer) so unless you're willing to take a chance w/a free site, price is not a reason to look elsewhere.

MFL isn't perfect, but pros far outweight the cons and far as I can tell is the best thing going.

Call me a sackhanger.

Skippy is a sackhanger!

Skippy is a sack hanger!

:D

I'm tired of fighting these battles. I know what mfl.com is capable of, I know it is completely reliable, and I know that my league requires those two assets while not needing all the bells & whistles like those at CBS while we hear weekly during the season of owners being shut out for prolonged periods there.

You want to spend an extra chunk of cash just to see the pretty backdrops? Hey, you're just proving PT Barnum right once again. More power to ya'.

Have you addressed that with the management at mfl.com? I'd bet a dollar against a dime that it will be recified for next season.

Yeah I did. When they had that survey. But even if they don’t fix it, I will still return. I still can get live scoring that is what's important.

Yeah I did. When they had that survey. But even if they don’t fix it, I will still return. I still can get live scoring that is what's important.

Ask a Mac expert, but I think you can get PC emulation software for the Mac and then run Gameday within that context.

I swear I remember a thread every week in here about fanball being down.

I have fanball and I remember maybe once on a Tuesday it was down for maintainance. I just like the layout better than MFL. Its sleeker. MFL looks like a kids website and thier navigation tabs arent clearly defined. I'm sure its good once you get used to it but I just like the fanball setup better. And it never goes down at crucial times. JMO

I have fanball and I remember maybe once on a Tuesday it was down for maintainance. I just like the layout better than MFL. Its sleeker. MFL looks like a kids website and thier navigation tabs arent clearly defined. I'm sure its good once you get used to it but I just like the fanball setup better. And it never goes down at crucial times. JMO

I think you're right about the uptime. It wasn't Fanball that was down all the time, it was CBS. CBS completely destroyed a lot of fantasy seasons due to being unavailable for lineup changes on Sundays.

I just like the layout better than MFL. Its sleeker. MFL looks like a kids website and thier navigation tabs arent clearly defined.

Again, this is largely due to how the commish of the league sets up the site. Hard to hold it against MFL when the commish has the total control over how the site appears.