[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Does Coughlin get fired ?

isleseeya

I think i unfortunately beleive he must go ...This Giant Team , even with some injuries , under achieved

they are also penalty prone and not very disciplined ( apparently discipline was a forte of Coughlin which he did not bring along to the Giants )

Charlie Weiss , come on back home to Jersey , big boy

When your TE comes up and takes off your headset during the game so he can talk at you, you aren't exactly running a tight ship.

I thought the same thing!!! As well as a couple other guys I was with. Didn't one of the CBs say something too and just walk away.

He just always looked so frazzled and miserable on the sidelines. IMO, one of the main reasons that Tiki is retiring is because of Coughlin. This is just a hunch on my part, and I don't think Tiki would say anything to that effect out loud. I think he saw this team as having no direction anymore, and wanted out ala Barry Sanders.

bubye Tom.

I think alot of people think the Giants are more talented than they are. I had them pegged for last place in their division this year.

I think considering all the turmoil by some boneheaded players ( Shockey,Burress, and also the Tiki pre-year retiring) Coughlin did a good enough job IMO. the team needs to get some pass blockers in there and get some kind of secondary and decent LB'ers and they could be a dangerous team.

When your TE comes up and takes off your headset during the game so he can talk at you, you aren't exactly running a tight ship.

What's sad is that Coughlin TRIES to run a tight ship and stuff like this still happens.

Coughlin has a history of treating his players like crap and, not surprisingly, his players don't respect him. Brunell hated him in Jacksonville. A few of Coughlin's former players in JAX reportedly said that they'd rather play for less money somewhere else than re-sign with JAX.

Not only do I believe that Coughlin is done in NY, but he's probably done in the NFL period at this point.

He just always looked so frazzled and miserable on the sidelines. IMO, one of the main reasons that Tiki is retiring is because of Coughlin. This is just a hunch on my part, and I don't think Tiki would say anything to that effect out loud. I think he saw this team as having no direction anymore, and wanted out ala Barry Sanders.

And yet Barber's best three years by far were under Coughlin.

And yet Barber's best three years by far were under Coughlin.

That's because Coughlin is from the Marty Schottenheimer School of Offense, while Fassell inexplicably thought that an RBBC situation with Dayne was a good idea.

I'm not sure I believe that Tiki is retiring because of Coughlin, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'd rather be an above-average worker with a great boss than a standout worker who has to put up with a drill seargeant-type ass of a boss at work every day.

He'll go, though he shouldn't. He turned this franchinse around, yet because of one 8-8 season (in which Manning digressed and they had more than 1 significant injury) now he sucks?

Hey how about those guys lure Dungy away from the Colts? Pretty please?

That's because Coughlin is from the Marty Schottenheimer School of Offense, while Fassell inexplicably thought that an RBBC situation with Dayne was a good idea.

I'm not sure I believe that Tiki is retiring because of Coughlin, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'd rather be an above-average worker with a great boss than a standout worker who has to put up with a drill seargeant-type ass of a boss at work every day.

Well put. :D

What's sad is that Coughlin TRIES to run a tight ship and stuff like this still happens.

Coughlin has a history of treating his players like crap and, not surprisingly, his players don't respect him. Brunell hated him in Jacksonville. A few of Coughlin's former players in JAX reportedly said that they'd rather play for less money somewhere else than re-sign with JAX.

Not only do I believe that Coughlin is done in NY, but he's probably done in the NFL period at this point.

Yep he is done, supposed disciplanarian.. :D one of the most penalized, undisciplined teams in the league. Terrible, all they did was bitch and point fingers, he even started calling out players, pointing fingers as the year wore on. I don't see him getting another head job anywhere either

If they want to get any value out of Manning they need to get someone in there that can teach and bring this team together. Weiss would be good but he won't come(probably), but they need someone who can get better play.

He's always faling backwards it seems, is scared even when there is no real pressure and needs to get back to fundamentals.

I'm afraid it's just the opposite, he should go but he'll be back for at least one more year. That will really suck IMO. Unless of course they can convince Cowher to come out of retirement then. That would be OK.