[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bobby Petrino - Louisville Head Coach

broncosn05

If you think that Louisville would've beaten Wisconsin or Cal, you don't have a firm grasp on reality. Both of those teams are on a completely different level.

Big 10 teams who would beat Louisville: Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Penn State, Iowa, Minnesota

Pac 10 team who would beat Louisville: USC, Cal, UCLA, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington

The Big 12 was unusually bad this year, but I'm pretty sure that Texas, Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and Nebraska would've taken them down.

Iowa, Minnesota, Penn State...ridiculous

UCLA, Oregon, OSU, Washington...see above

Is that the OU team that lost to Boise State? Actually, they would be favored over every team in the big 12.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, they're not even going to have the recruiting of teams like Iowa and Oregon.

:D The same Iowa that lost to Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota, and Texas(Who you say was not that good.

Yes, the same Iowa that didn't have the luxury of padding their schedule with games against Temple, Cincinnatti, Middle Tennessee State :D , South Florida, and UConn.

The Big East is a freaking joke. Louisville wouldn't have a prayer of getting to a BCS game in a real conference like the Big Ten or Pac 10.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Yes, the same Iowa that didn't have the luxury of padding their schedule with games against Temple, Cincinnatti, Middle Tennessee State :D , South Florida, and UConn.

The Big East is a freaking joke. Louisville wouldn't have a prayer of getting to a BCS game in a real conference like the Big Ten or Pac 10.

Whatever, I guess you have no answers to my points. Iowa...I am still laughing at that one.

Whatever, I guess you have no answers to my points. Iowa...I am still laughing at that one.

Iowa almost beat a Texas team that would've stomped all over Louisville. And since Louisville lost to freaking Rutgers, so I'm not sure what you're laughing about.

If you want to think that Louisville could take down Cal or Wisconsin, you have a lot to learn.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Yea like this was a tough Schedule...

Northern Illinois, Bowling Green, Northwestern, Indiana, Minnesota,

Louisville lost to freaking Rutgers, so I'm not sure what you're laughing about.

If you want to think that Louisville could take down Cal or Wisconsin, you have a lot to learn.

The last teams you mentioned were Iowa, Minnesota, Oregon, OReg St, Wash, and the joke Big Twelve teams. If you think they could not beat those teams you have more to learn than I do.

The last teams you mentioned were Iowa, Minnesota, Oregon, OReg St, Wash, and the joke Big Twelve teams. If you think they could not beat those teams you have more to learn than I do.

I didn't say that Louisville COULDN'T beat those teams. I merely think that those teams would be favored against Louisville.

Anyway, your analysis is about what I'd expect from somebody with an Al Sharpton avatar.

Oh, I'm not saying that it CAN'T be done, but it's very unlikely. Especially now since all of their recruiting power just bolted for Atlanta this weekend. Same thing with Utah. How'd they do without Urban Myer?

Utah actually finished 9-4 or so.

I'm not saying that UL (or Utah, for that matter) will continue to climb up the food chain, Petrino's departure certainly is the sort of thing that usually sends a program verging on perennial top-25 status right back into the pack.

I'm just saying it isn't unheard of for an also-ran to ascend to major league status. Less likely now, because as soon as a guy like Urban Meyer or Bobby Petrino (or anyone who looks able to pull a Bobby Bowden or LaVell Edwards) prove they can succeed at a smaller school, the big dogs come, shower them with money, and spirit them away on a private jet.

I'm just saying it isn't unheard of for an also-ran to ascend to major league status. Less likely now, because as soon as a guy like Urban Meyer or Bobby Petrino (or anyone who looks able to pull a Bobby Bowden or LaVell Edwards) prove they can succeed at a smaller school, the big dogs come, shower them with money, and spirit them away on a private jet.

We agree there. A lot of people think that Spurrier is going to make The Cocks (I love that name!) a contender.

You are telling me Minnesota would be favored over Louisville?

I'm pretty sure that Minnesota would've been favored over Rutgers. They probably would've beaten them as well. :D

The teams posted were on OSU schedule moran. You responded with those other teams. Dam are you clueless.

IIRC, Iowa played Northern Illinois and Bowling Green last year, so you'll have to forgive my confusion. Then again, you're incapable of forumlating a coherent argument, so it's difficult to understand what you're trying to say in the first place. :D

Edited by Bill Swerski

I'm pretty sure that Minnesota would've been favored over Rutgers. They probably would've beaten them as well. :D

IIRC, Iowa played Northern Illinois and Bowling Green last year, so you'll have to forgive my confusion. Then again, you're incapable of forumlating a coherent argument, so it's difficult to understand what you're trying to say in the first place. :D

Well Big Ten man...I guess I see what you mean now. The Big Ten had a great bowl season. I still can't get over your ridiculous love affair with crap teams like Minnesota. Rutgers would have been a double digit favorite over that team. Please tell me you do not gamble. Please for the sake of your family tell me that. Wow! My argument was incoherent? Please. Put down the pipe and crawl back into your Big Ten Hole.

Count me as another as thinking this will not work. He has always struck me as better being able to deal with kids than older players. He doesn't have the ties to NFL that Saban did, so he is unfamiliar with the mindset.

I am a Saints fan so I am a little happy about this. :D

Count me as another as thinking this will not work. He has always struck me as better being able to deal with kids than older players. He doesn't have the ties to NFL that Saban did, so he is unfamiliar with the mindset.

I am a Saints fan so I am a little happy about this. :bash:

:D:D a Saints fan in Texas

Have you considered these scores in arguing that the SEC is the best?

Louisville 24, Wake Forest 13 (neutral site)

Wake Forest 30, Florida State 0 (at Florida State)

Florida 21, Florida State 14 (at Florida State)

Did you know that Louisville beat Kentucky by 31 points (in a game that wasn't that close), while Florida beat UK by 19 (and led by only 7 late in the second quarter)?

So through the absolutely idiotic use of the transitive property...

Since Louisville beat Kentucky by more points than Florida beat Kentucky... Louisville would've not only been superior to Florida but also Ohio State. So Louisville would've beat Ohio State by more than 27.

Again it's easy to go 5-0 in your bowl games when your conference plays... Wake, GTech, East Carolina, Kansas State, and West Michigan. Hardly a murderer's row of 2006-07 college football.

Well Big Ten man...I guess I see what you mean now. The Big Ten had a great bowl season. I still can't get over your ridiculous love affair with crap teams like Minnesota. Rutgers would have been a double digit favorite over that team. Please tell me you do not gamble. Please for the sake of your family tell me that. Wow! My argument was incoherent? Please. Put down the pipe and crawl back into your Big Ten Hole.

LOL, OK there Big East man. Tell us again how Louisville, who couldn't even beat Rutgers, would stomp Cal or Wisconsin. You know crap about college football.