[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Unofficial" Bears/Seahawks Thread

gilthorp

No more worthless then any other stat thats rolled out. Ya sure some team averages only 60 yards rushing against them, until the next team they play puts up 200. Take it for what it is or ignore it...but it is worth noting. Maybe not as much as any other stat, but atleast a little.

I do think stats from this season and maybe last season are relevant but the NFL has such high turnover of personnel that very little is relevant from earlier than that.

BTW, Holmgren is 0-1 against the Bears in 2006. :D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think SA is healthy see my post from 12:45pm

I'm not sure what you've been watching, but I have seen him live 2 of the last 3 weeks, & he looks freaking great. IMO, SA has been running harder the last 3 weeks than he has in his career, putting his head down & running people over in a heretofore unprecedented fashion. Dallas did a great job in containing him, but he still ate up a lot of clock & was key in the win.

Edited by Bonehand

Well I hope he keeps on running harder. Because his AVG is down by 1.5 yards a carry since he has been running harder.

Against 3 defenses who are all in the top half on the league in rushing D, including SD #7, & Dallas #10.

And he's STILL averaged 100 yards a game the last 3 weeks.

Against 3 defenses who are all in the top half on the league in rushing D, including SD #7, & Dallas #10.

And he's STILL averaged 100 yards a game the last 3 weeks.

Da Bears are another defense in the top half of the league against the rush, 99.4 yards per game.

I do like the fact that the Hawks are the biggest underdogs of the week, and the Bears have to be coming in with an incredible amount of pressure. If Seattle gets an early lead and/or Grossman starts puking up INT's and fumbles, the boo birds come out and Chicago could get into a ton of trouble.

I do like the fact that the Hawks are the biggest underdogs of the week, and the Bears have to be coming in with an incredible amount of pressure. If Seattle gets an early lead and/or Grossman starts puking up INT's and fumbles, the boo birds come out and Chicago could get into a ton of trouble.

:D

Da Bears are another defense in the top half of the league against the rush, 99.4 yards per game.

True, but they were only giving up 83 yards per game prior to week 12 & the loss of Harris, and the Bears are now giving up an average of 103 ypg over the last 6 weeks. That's a HUGH increase, one that I have no doubt SA can exploit.

(Edited to correct math :D )

Edited by Bonehand

This game is a complete crapshoot. I mean, do we have any idea which Bears team is gonna show up?? obviously I think Chi is a hugh favorite to win rather easily if they actually are firing on all cylinders, but how many weeks has it been since that has happened?? they play like they finished up - this game is even.

Sea and especially Hass are due for a good solid game IMO.

I think the key comes down to Rex and the patchwork secondary. Rex can blow this game all on his own if he gest too aggressive and forces some balls. On the flip, if he doesn't turn it over, Chi should pull it out.

I honestly have no clue as of today on a prediction............. later in the week........

Bears D at home, that's all I need to know.

31 points to TB? 26 points to GB? Those have been the last two.... :bash:

24-20 Chicago is my preliminary prediction.

Of course that's the brain talking. :D

The heart says Seahawks shock the world. :D

Edited by godtomsatan

31 points to TB? 26 points to GB? Those have been the last two.... :D

GB scored two TDs directly off of Grossman INTs. TB scored most of their points in the 4th quarter, after the Bears D apparently fell asleep.

The Bears D is definitely not as dominating as they were when Tommie Harrie and Mike Brown were healthy. But they haven't been playing nearly as poorly as those numbers suggest.

What planet are you guys on. Since everyone here wants to play hypothetical wiegie board fine. IF the Bears and Hawks were playing this weekend, I see the game like so.

Seahawks lose because Hass throws at least 4 picks. If not matched by Rex the game is over by the third pick.

Bears 23

Seahawks 9

Chicago D at home IN A DO OR DIE POSITION... sorry, had to add that lil caveat.

Green Bay game meant NOTHING! Other than getting to see Faaaavray shedding some tears.

What planet are you guys on. Since everyone here wants to play hypothetical wiegie board fine. IF the Bears and Hawks were playing this weekend, I see the game like so.

Seahawks lose because Hass throws at least 4 picks. If not matched by Rex the game is over by the third pick.

Bears 23

Seahawks 9

Um, we're all on Earth, where the Bears and Seahawks are indeed going to occupy the same football field this week. :D