[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Im the Cowboys

Sgt. Ryan

I try and trade TO to the Raiders for Randy Moss. I know, Moss hasnt been great as of late, but Moss is better when he plays for a good team, than one that flat out sucks like the Raiders, and certainly wont drop as many balls as TO. TO isnt coming back if Parcells returns, and it looks like Parcells is coming back, so its better to get something for TO than to just cut his ass.

If I cant get Moss for TO, I sign Dj Hacket to a fat offer sheet and make Seattle overpay to keep him, as he is a restricted FA. Either way the Wr position needs to be addressed in Big D.

I then go get me a nice Ol, and Max Starks would be a perfect fit in Big D. He is also a RFA, and Pitt wont let him go cheap, but Dallas has enough room under the cap to get this done.

Next I sign either CB Asante Samuel, or CB Nate Clements to 5 yr 27 Mil contracts, and move Anthony Henry to FS. Henry is a decent CB, but would be an excellent FS. he has CB skills, and is has the size to play S.

Next sign the Seattle Kicker to a nice contract. Something like 1.5 mil a yr for 5 yrs. Brown is young, with a big leg, and is a solid kickoff guy, something many miss, until they dont have one.

In the Draft, I want to take the best players available, and not have to reach for need positions. Dallas could use another solid OL, but I place an emphasis on a pass rusher in round 1 early.

WOW!! Well thought out and stated. I agree 100% with every point made.

One more thing, I lure Pete Carroll out of Sc after this next season, if Parcells fails to reach the Bowl. Carroll would at least have the Boys playing D, and it would get him out of SC, and keep Stoops at OU. Though I keep hearing Stoops is going to be jerrys choice to replace Bill, when he leaves. But Im hoping for Carroll instead, for Dallas.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I try and trade TO to the Raiders for Randy Moss. I know, Moss hasnt been great as of late, but Moss is better when he plays for a good team, than one that flat out sucks like the Raiders, and certainly wont drop as many balls as TO. TO isnt coming back if Parcells returns, and it looks like Parcells is coming back, so its better to get something for TO than to just cut his ass.

If I cant get Moss for TO, I sign Dj Hacket to a fat offer sheet and make Seattle overpay to keep him, as he is a restricted FA. Either way the Wr position needs to be addressed in Big D.

I then go get me a nice Ol, and Max Starks would be a perfect fit in Big D. He is also a RFA, and Pitt wont let him go cheap, but Dallas has enough room under the cap to get this done.

Next I sign either CB Asante Samuel, or CB Nate Clements to 5 yr 27 Mil contracts, and move Anthony Henry to FS. Henry is a decent CB, but would be an excellent FS. he has CB skills, and is has the size to play S.

Next sign the Seattle Kicker to a nice contract. Something like 1.5 mil a yr for 5 yrs. Brown is young, with a big leg, and is a solid kickoff guy, something many miss, until they dont have one.

In the Draft, I want to take the best players available, and not have to reach for need positions. Dallas could use another solid OL, but I place an emphasis on a pass rusher in round 1 early.

Sounds like a Christmas wish list! How about a train set, train sets are nice!

You don't have enough room under the cap to do that.

One more thing, I lure Pete Carroll out of Sc after this next season, if Parcells fails to reach the Bowl. Carroll would at least have the Boys playing D, and it would get him out of SC, and keep Stoops at OU. Though I keep hearing Stoops is going to be jerrys choice to replace Bill, when he leaves. But Im hoping for Carroll instead, for Dallas.

Nah...I think Pete should stay at SC...they love him, he is good for college football, good for the Pac-10 and will continue to produce teams better than OU. :D Sorry Sgt. I couldn't pass that one up!!!

I'd love to see Pete Carroll back in the NFL. I hope he ends up in the AFC East, as long as its not the Jets.

He sucked as an NFL coach.

It's much easier to coach in college when you have much better talent than 95% of the teams you're facing.

That would be ironic since Dallas passed over Moss in the draft because of character issues.

agree, and that maybe just the reason to do this. Jerry has kicked himself for letting Moss slip through his hands in that draft. I dont see Moss character issues being a problem, as he isnt the same type of idiot as TO. Though clearly still an idiot. :D

I'd love to see Pete Carroll back in the NFL. I hope he ends up in the AFC East, as long as its not the Jets.

It's much easier to coach in college when you have much better talent than 95% of the teams you're facing.

Wayne Huizenga is supposedly really intrigued by Carroll. It appears my Fins are doomed and you might get your wish. :D

He was so bloody awful on the Pats. Guess Wayne didn't watch football back then. :D

he is twice the coach the Jets have now.

And I agree with the last statement, but Carroll got a raw deal in the NFL. He actually has a winning record in his stints, but played for over bearing owners that wanted more. The Jets were a terrible team in 1994, and he took them to 6-10. He was 27-21 in 3 yrs with the Pats and its my bet Mangini will be lucky to have 27 wins in his first 3 yrs in NY.

Wayne Huizenga is supposedly really intrigued by Carroll. It appears my Fins are doomed and you might get your wish. :D

He was so bloody awful on the Pats. Guess Wayne didn't watch football back then. :D

8-8, 9-7, 10-6, aint that bad for the Pats, and Miami would be lucky to have that kind of success in their next 3 yrs.

he is twice the coach the Jets have now.

And I agree with the last statement, but Carroll got a raw deal in the NFL. He actually has a winning record in his stints, but played for over bearing owners that wanted more. The Jets were a terrible team in 1994, and he took them to 6-10. He was 27-21 in 3 yrs with the Pats and its my bet Mangini will be lucky to have 27 wins in his first 3 yrs in NY.

Are you auditioning for the next "Jackass" movie?

8-8, 9-7, 10-6, aint that bad for the Pats, and Miami would be lucky to have that kind of success in their next 3 yrs.

Eh, call me nuts but I don't want him on my team. Not too mention he went 10-6 after taking over a Parcells Superbowl team and progressively got worse year after year. Reminds me of Wanny.

Edited by Def.

As a Cowboys fan, I just want Sean Payton back.... NOW!....

Im not convinced Payton is that good of a coach. He won one of the worst divisions in football, and that gave them a first round Bye in the playoffs, and walked into Reggie Bush and Drew Brees on offense. If Payton had to coach the trash there before him, he may be on the hot seat right about now.