[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If Im the Cowboys

Sgt. Ryan

Im not convinced Payton is that good of a coach. He won one of the worst divisions in football, and that gave them a first round Bye in the playoffs, and walked into Reggie Bush and Drew Brees on offense. If Payton had to coach the trash there before him, he may be on the hot seat right about now.

:D

Edited by devilwoman

he is twice the coach the Jets have now.

And I agree with the last statement, but Carroll got a raw deal in the NFL. He actually has a winning record in his stints, but played for over bearing owners that wanted more. The Jets were a terrible team in 1994, and he took them to 6-10. He was 27-21 in 3 yrs with the Pats and its my bet Mangini will be lucky to have 27 wins in his first 3 yrs in NY.

Lucky? I don't think so. The Jets have more cap space than anyone else and Mangini is applying all the lessons he learned from the master. Jets will contend for the next three or four years, minimum.

Carroll is a college coach and a darn good one. He'd have to be an idiot to want back in to the NFL.

Im not convinced Payton is that good of a coach. He won one of the worst divisions in football, and that gave them a first round Bye in the playoffs, and walked into Reggie Bush and Drew Brees on offense. If Payton had to coach the trash there before him, he may be on the hot seat right about now.

:D you are a hilarious and bitter person.

Lucky? I don't think so. The Jets have more cap space than anyone else and Mangini is applying all the lessons he learned from the master. Jets will contend for the next three or four years, minimum.

Carroll is a college coach and a darn good one. He'd have to be an idiot to want back in to the NFL.

No question, if Im Carroll I dont leave SC. They get whatever they want as far as recruits and their players are above the law in LA. He coaches in the Pac-10, and is a lock to a BCS game each and every year as a result. he lives in Sunny Ca, and is paid more than most could ever spend, why leave all that for even more money. I certainly woudlnt, but ego of some are their demise. And Carroll doesnt want to be remembered as a coach who can only win with superior talent in college, and a bust to some in the NFL.