[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do the Giants players even like each other?

Whiskey Pimp

The Giants look like a group of individuals and not teammates at all. Maybe it's just me but everytime I watch them no one really congrats each other or anything. Eli looks like he has no interest in playing football at all. Joe and Troy were talking about how he never shows any emotion and just has the same look on his face everytime. They then showed Eli standing on the bench and sure enough, he had the look he had in that email that went around with him drinking. I say Eli quits football within 3 years.

I think NYG is becoming the east-coast version of the OAK Raiders. The players believe they're above the coach; a bunch of individuals and no teammates; and you have your malcontents. It's not there yet, but I can see the downward spiraling, can't you?

The Giants look like a group of individuals and not teammates at all. Maybe it's just me but everytime I watch them no one really congrats each other or anything. Eli looks like he has no interest in playing football at all. Joe and Troy were talking about how he never shows any emotion and just has the same look on his face everytime. They then showed Eli standing on the bench and sure enough, he had the look he had in that email that went around with him drinking. I say Eli quits football within 3 years.

I think he looked totally vacant, almost retarded. He wouldn't be the first younger sibling to be pressured to follow the older one when he really didn't want to.

Good observations.

Eli does seem very disinterested. I don't think he wants to play football either.

What the Giants need a the QB position is a leader. After a series is over, Eli goes to the bench and stands around with a dumb look on his face. He should be on the phone, looking at photos, telling Shockey and Burress that if they ever show him up again he's going to beat the crap out of them, etc. He has zero leadership qualities.

Eli is horrible. And if you were an owner of him this year you will clearly know what i'm talking about. He looks like he is always about the cry and has zero interest in the game. Did you all see when Shocky was talking to him on the side line, eli just pushed past him and walked away without any type of look on his face.

horrible.

:D

Holy irony!

Just because his name is Manning, apparently people expect Eli to perform on an equivalent basis as the QB who may by the time his career is finished show people that he is one of the top 2-3 QBs in NFL history.

If I'm a fan of a team, I'm sure as hell not disappointed in a kid (and he is a kid - he only has 39 starts under his belt and is still early in his learning curve) who has shown that he can throw for 3375 passing yards per season with 22 passing TDs & 18 INTs per season while still being so young.

Okay, he's not Peyton. Who in the NFL is?

:D

Holy irony!

Just because his name is Manning, apparently people expect Eli to perform on an equivalent basis as the QB who may by the time his career is finished show people that he is one of the top 2-3 QBs in NFL history.

If I'm a fan of a team, I'm sure as hell not disappointed in a kid (and he is a kid - he only has 39 starts under his belt and is still early in his learning curve) who has shown that he can throw for 3375 passing yards per season with 22 passing TDs & 18 INTs per season while still being so young.

Okay, he's not Peyton. Who in the NFL is?

Have you watched a Giants game in the last 3 years? Seriously? He is constantly throwing over and behind his WR's. He has zero leadership qualities. Stats alone do not a QB make, my friend. Eli's gotta get his head out of his ass, work on his mechanics, figure out how to grow a pair, and then, and only then, might he become a good NFL QB.

Just because his name is Manning...

The expectations are not just because of his last name, it's because the Giants gave up Phillip Rivers and two draft picks for him. At that price, he was supposed to be really good. He's been pedestrian at best.

Plus, you have to admit that he just looks disinterested. I'm sure that's his natural demeanor, but still, youhave to show some fire at that position. His leadership skills are abysmal.

He has made a fortune off his last name, but he has accomplished about as much as Cooper so far.

Have you watched a Giants game in the last 3 years? Seriously? He is constantly throwing over and behind his WR's. He has zero leadership qualities. Stats alone do not a QB make, my friend. Eli's gotta get his head out of his ass, work on his mechanics, figure out how to grow a pair, and then, and only then, might he become a good NFL QB.

Okay, since you think he's one of the worst QBs in the league, why don't you define for all of us what kind of numbers you expect Eli to put up to make him satisfy your definition of a good NFL QB.

It looks to me like he's right on target to be a very solid to very good pro QB. Again - he just finished his 3rd year.

Okay, since you think he's one of the worst QBs in the league, why don't you define for all of us what kind of numbers you expect Eli to put up to make him satisfy your definition of a good NFL QB.

It looks to me like he's right on target to be a very solid to very good pro QB. Again - he just finished his 3rd year.

I could give two you know whats about his numbers. There's a lot more to being a good NFL QB than numbers. Just ask Daunte Culpepper. Unfortunately, Eli doesn't exhibit any of those characterisitics imo.

I could give two you know whats about his numbers. There's a lot more to being a good NFL QB than numbers. Just ask Daunte Culpepper. Unfortunately, Eli doesn't exhibit any of those characterisitics imo.

I agree and the best sign of the weekend was @ the Linc yesterday: "You're no Cooper" :D

What the Giants need a the QB position is a leader. After a series is over, Eli goes to the bench and stands around with a dumb look on his face. He should be on the phone, looking at photos, telling Shockey and Burress that if they ever show him up again he's going to beat the crap out of them, etc. He has zero leadership qualities.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I'm having problems visualizing Eli beating the crap out of his teddy bear, never mind Burress or, even less likely, Shockey.