[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

PATRIOTS - Chargers Game Thread

The Marshall Faulk treatment?

You mean that you hope Schottenheimer will refuse to run Tomlinson even though he's gaining 5 ypc?

Good luck with that one...

no i mean hit him on every play..even when he doesnt have the ball...tomlinson will get his yards...but how many carries it takes will be a key

hows life in broncoland? not so good huh?

LT should be feared for his rushing, he isn't involved with the passing game as much Marshall Faulk was.

Instead of the Rams/Faulk game plan, they might look at it like the Pittsburgh AFC Championship games.

That being, stop the rushing game of Pittsburgh and let either Big Ben or Kordell beat you.

Now LT and Bettis isn't really comparing apples and oranges, it's more like apples and cantelopes, but their attempt will be to try to shut down LT and let Rivers try to beat you.

Man, this would be even better if Harrison and Seau were healthy, two ex-Chargers known more for stopping the run.....going against LT.

Edited by charty

LT should be feared for his rushing, he isn't involved with the passing game as much Marshall Faulk was.

Instead of the Rams/Faulk game plan, they might look at it like the Pittsburgh AFC Championship games.

That being, stop the rushing game of Pittsburgh and let either Big Ben or Kordell beat you.

Now LT and Bettis isn't really comparing apples and oranges, it's more like apples and cantelopes, but their attempt will be to try to shut down LT and let Rivers try to beat you.

Man, this would be even better if Harrison and Seau were healthy, two ex-Chargers known more for stopping the run.....going against LT.

:D

LT's 3 year average for catches is 70. Not that involved in the passing game?

i agree...to a degree...but the guy still caught 50+ balls....he needs to be hit by the ends on passing downs, because they cant cover him if he gets a clean release...but like i said..i could see them going big in the middle with big sey and vince..and jarvis green and warren at the ends....and dropping guys...making rivers go to his 2nd and 3rd options

hows life in broncoland? not so good huh?

Not too good. Missing the playoffs wasn't such a big deal - this team would not have advanced far in the playoffs though I would have liked the plethora of rookies getting significant time to get some playoff experience.

The loss of Darrent Williams - especially in an apparently stupid tough-talk triggered gang - is really tough to get a handle on.

LT's 3 year average for catches is 70. Not that involved in the passing game?

Just meant that in 2001, Faulk caught 83 for 765 with 9 TDs. His rushing totals were 1382 yards with 12 TDs. Percentage wise, his rushing yards/TDs vs. passing yards/TDs are much closer than LT's:

Catches: 56 for 508yds with 3 TDs compared to 1,815 yards and 28 TDs rushing. I think I'd focus on the rushing.

And LTs 3 year average for catches is 53/440yds/2tds.

Edited by charty

And LTs 3 year average for catches is 53/440yds/2tds.

I don't know where you get that...

it's 68 catches for 512 yards and 2 TDs according to sportsline.

Which doesn't equate to gameplanned success every game, but certainly points to his being a potent weapon in the passing game.

Edited by Caveman_Nick

I don't know where you get that...

it's 68 catches for 512 yards and 2 TDs according to sportsline.

Which doesn't equate to gameplanned success every game, but certainly points to his being a potent weapon in the passing game.

nick...yer including 2003 100 catch season....charty is going by 04,05, and 06 regular seasons...hes right...still..he has to be accounted for

I predict 24-17 win by the Patriots.

LT is held to about 100 Yards. Brady and company keep rolling!

You are out of your mind.It won't be that close. 34-16 Pats!

Well, Len Pasquerelli had some incredible information on how the Chargers can best defeat the Pats. Ready? Get out your pens now, because this is serious expert material...

1. Prepare.

2. Get the ball early and often to LT and Gates.

3. Pressure Brady.

Thanks, Len. Some good insight right there. I'm surprised he didn't add..

4. Score more points than the Patriots.

5. Give up fewer points than the Patriots.

For me, this is the main question. I know the Pats will try to contain LT and make him keep cutting towards the inside (IE. keep him from busting one down the sideline), but I am not sure the players on that defense are quick enough to make that happen.

I am psyched for the game, though! :D

i agree...i mean the scary thing about LT is...we could control gaps...shed blocks...and he can still cutback and get outside...and go off....and of course, tackling and wrapping up, is an issue...but mainly people need to stay in their lanes and not get washed out, creating a cutback lane

im thinking the pats could show some big 4-3 looks on running downs..with vince and big sey in the middle

im hoping they give LT the marshall faulk treatment...he needs to be popped when hes releasing for a route...he needs to be hit and knocked around even when a play isnt near him

former pats linebackers coach rob ryan, and his raider d, were able to do a pretty good job with LT and the chargers in san diego a little while back

Said it was the toughest game he has ever played. Said that the entire gameplan got thrown out 4 minutes before halftime. Their preparation was not working. They had to reinvent a gameplan on the fly.

Acknowledges that at times they played poorly, but also that at times when they needed to get something done they managed to do so.

Gave Matt Light credit for playing probably the best game of his career. Great protection when the game was on the line.

When asked about the often used statement "The best team didn't win" Brady said that it doesn't come down to having the best record, home field, league MVPs of number of probowlers. It comes down to who makes the plays under pressure." He also that the players in the Patriots locker room just don't care about individual accolades, they only care about winning.

On LT, he deflected any 'wrong doing' on LT's part to emotion and frustration, and did the same thing with respect to his own team mate's conduct. Talked about how they will surely address that conduct in the locker room. The interviewer tried to bait him by saying how to comments came not in the heat of the moment, but after a shower and all that. Brady said that a shower doesn't wash away the frustration that quick. He did talk about how their team will address that, but also talked about Merriman's torrent of comments all week.

He's looking forward to a dog fight this weekend, and that it doesn't get any better than playing the Colts for the AFC Championship at the RCA dome.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Pats Fans.

· View these posts

· Squeeze me a little harder Pats Fans

A Great Team won! Just ask Bill Belichick and he will tell you

Edited by keggerz