[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seattle cheated

rajncajn

...according to Jerry Jones.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/16409083.htm

Cowboys claim a slick football contributed to Romo's blunder

By MAC ENGEL

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

IRVING - They didn't want to blame the ball, or the Seahawks, but the Cowboys were not pleased with the football that was used for the attempt at a potential game-winning field goal Saturday night in Seattle.

Cowboys owner-general manager Jerry Jones contends -- and he wasn't the only one -- that the ball quarterback Tony Romo lost control of on the hold for a 19-yard field goal was brand new and wasn't worked in properly.

"That's the responsibility of the home team. They can prepare those balls and they still have to pass muster with the officials," Jones said after Seattle's 21-20 wild-card playoff victory. "But that home team can really knock the slickness off the ball -- that should be done. I've been talking about these balls for years and years. The more we can hold onto the football, the better the game you have. It's almost like placing a factor in the game to create a little ambiguity."

Romo agreed that the ball was slick.

"Obviously the reason I dropped it...it was a slick ball," Romo said. "It doesn't matter, though; you still have to catch it."

Edited by rajncajn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Each team brings their own footballs as of this season. Exception is the kicker balls which are new and "slick" on purpose of make them harder to kick - these are supplied by the NFL, and the un-wornness is enforced by the officials.

Cowboys claim a slick football contributed to Romo's blunder

By MAC ENGEL

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

IRVING - They didn't want to blame the ball, or the Seahawks, but the Cowboys were not pleased with the football that was used for the attempt at a potential game-winning field goal Saturday night in Seattle.

Cowboys owner-general manager Jerry Jones contends -- and he wasn't the only one -- that the ball quarterback Tony Romo lost control of on the hold for a 19-yard field goal was sprayed with Teflon® by Seahawks head coach Mike Holmgren.

Seems like a legitimate gripe to me. :D

Each team brings their own footballs as of this season. Exception is the kicker balls which are new and "slick" on purpose of make them harder to kick - these are supplied by the NFL, and the un-wornness is enforced by the officials.

Sooooo ... Jerry Jones is completely off base here ... THERE'S a surprise! :D

Dang Seattle cheaters ... oh ... I mean dang NFL conspiracy ... oh ... I mean dang biased officials ...

:D

Sooooo ... Jerry Jones is completely off base here ... THERE'S a surprise! :D

Dang Seattle cheaters ... oh ... I mean dang NFL conspiracy ... oh ... I mean dang biased officials ...

:D

It's not like they have ever found a corked bat, cut baseballs or perfomance enhancing drugs in MLB before. It's part of the game. If you can get away with it, more power to you.

Well guess what....that is on Grammattica alone..get over it alredy.

PD, how is a ball not being held properly/placed for the kick "on gramatica alone"? unless there's something in the article i missed, that's miles beyond idiotic. :D