[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

D-JACK probably WILL play!

Bonehand

Heard that one before...

:D true, true...maybe I should temper my enthusiasm...

From Tacoma News Tribune:

"Seahawks Insider - where there is no offseason

Jackson expected to play

Posted by Mike Sando @ 03:12:25 pm

Coach Mike Holmgren has finished his longest media session of the season, a 50-minute marathon. He clarified reports about the availability of WR Darrell Jackson against the Bears on Sunday. Basically, those reports were wrong. Holmgren expects Jackson to play in the game. However, the team could be without WR D.J. Hackett (ankle), and the team will definitely be without FS John Howell, who suffered a hamstring injury against Dallas. "

Edited by Bonehand

And maybe off again....

Seahawks WR Jackson now iffy for Sunday

Associated Press

National Football League News Wire

KIRKLAND, Wash. -- Darrell Jackson's on-and-off status now

seems closer to "off."

The Seahawks' leading receiver unexpectedly missed practice

again Friday, just before the team boarded an afternoon flight to

Chicago for Sunday's NFC divisional playoff game against the Bears.

Coach Mike Holmgren said Jackson's availability will be a game-time

decision.

Holmgren had said at the beginning of the week that he expected

Jackson, listed as questionable with a turf toe injury on his left

foot, would practice by Friday and that he was "likely" to play

Sunday.

Now, Holmgren's not so sure about him -- or D.J. Hackett. The

emerging fourth receiver sprained his ankle during last week's win

over Dallas and is listed as doubtful against the Bears (13-3).

"Those will be Sunday decisions," Holmgren said. "They're

going to have to show me something (during pregame drills) that

tells me they can play."

It's yet another setback in season full of injuries for the

defending NFC champions.

Last Saturday was the first time this season Seattle (10-7) had

all of its receivers available for a game. The Seahawks started

their ninth different combination of offensive linemen against the

Cowboys. They have also played without quarterback Matt Hasselbeck,

last season's league MVP Shaun Alexander and tight end Jerramy

Stevens for at least a month each.

"Kind of the way it's gone," Holmgren said of Jackson not

practicing. "But I'm hopeful we'll have one or both (Jackson and

Hackett) Sunday."

Jackson, who was leading the NFL in touchdown receptions before

his injury caused him to miss the final three games of the regular

season, also missed practice Wednesday and Thursday. He missed all

practices last week before he ran 21 plays against Dallas.

Jackson pulled himself from that game one play into the third

quarter because he said the pain had become unbearable. He had two

passes come his way but no catches.

By midweek Jackson was optimistic he would play in Chicago,

where Seattle will be seeking its first road playoff win since

"I'm going to play as much as I can, suck the pain up as much

as I can," Jackson said. "Try to give our team another weapon out

there."

And maybe off again....

DJ Hackett is supposed to be more hurt than Djax. I was hoping that an inconsistent Hass carriers the game, but now he is going to have to do it with his 2 favorite targets of late? My homer optimism is dwindling as I start to face an impending reality. :D

Nothing to lose.......cmon Seahawks.

The longer the week has gone on, the more I have thought the Bears are going to win this. While everyone has been droning on about Grossman, few have pointed out that the Hasselbeck of recent weeks hasn't been the Hasselbeck that has been in the top 5 QBs the past couple of years. I think the Hawks hopes rest with SA. If the Bears can shut him down, they'll win going away.

The longer the week has gone on, the more I have thought the Bears are going to win this. While everyone has been droning on about Grossman, few have pointed out that the Hasselbeck of recent weeks hasn't been the Hasselbeck that has been in the top 5 QBs the past couple of years. I think the Hawks hopes rest with SA. If the Bears can shut him down, they'll win going away.

I feel the same way regarding the 'Hawks. They are basically playing with house money, while the Bears have the ghosts of playoffs past to contend with. If the Bears don't start out strong, or if Grossman has a misstep, the crowd could turn on them quick.

My keys to the game are:

1) As you said, use Alexander early & often. Even if he isn't busting big gains, Seattle must push the running game to control the clock. Alexander gets better as the game wears on, & IMO he needs 30 carries for the Hawks to have a chance to win.

2) Hasselbeck is the X-factor. You are right, he hasn't played his best consistantly this year, but we all know he more than capable of playing big when it counts. He did have a QB rating of over 100 in the 4th quarter of the Dallas game, & has more playoff experience than any of the remaining NFC QB's. He needs to trust his protection, & NOT FORCE THE BALL into tight coverage for the 'Hawks to win. Likewise, if the Bears are going to win, they need to bury they Hawks, not let them hang around. If Seattle is within a TD at the end & can get the ball, they will win it.

If the Hawk's can control the clock, & Hass plays well, they'll pull off the upset. If not, the Bears will cover.

Likewise, if the Bears are going to win, they need to bury they Hawks, not let them hang around. If Seattle is within a TD at the end & can get the ball, they will win it.

Completely agree with this. The Bears HAVE to put their boot on Seattle's neck and push down hard. They must not play from behind but equally I don't want to see Seattle down 6 and starting their two minute drill from the Seattle 35.

Playing with house money? they have underachieved all year, got very lucky in the playoff draw let alone the win against the Plowboys and go into a freezing Bear Den where Hass will again be running for his friggin life.

Porkchop couldn't hold Hutch's jock and the SA cutbacks will be reduced to nothing with the Oso's speed on D. Seahags can't stop the run and they must to win. They barely got through the NFC Worst and they are playing with house money?

Blue and Green bandwagon blows a tire and the 12th man will be hopping off like it was the 90's again. Two years from now Hawk tickets will be the easiest to get in town. Window is shrinking so they better lay it all down now and hope for another five card 21

Edited by Hugh B Tool

No djax and no hackett = long day for seattle

Then again who is the place holder for the bears ? Lester hayes stick um may make a comeback after all

I don't know that that's true. Both Holmgren & Hasselbeck have made reference this week that part of the reason the offense sputtered in the the first half V. Dallas was that they shoe-horned D-Jax & Hackett into the game after not practicing, forcing Engram, Branch & Burleson to play in positions that THEY hadn't practiced all week.

The continuity of starting those who worked on the gameplan intensively during practice could actually be a benefit.

I don't know that that's true. Both Holmgren & Hasselbeck have made reference this week that part of the reason the offense sputtered in the the first half V. Dallas was that they shoe-horned D-Jax & Hackett into the game after not practicing, forcing Engram, Branch & Burleson to play in positions that THEY hadn't practiced all week.

The continuity of starting those who worked on the gameplan intensively during practice could actually be a benefit.

good point , but DJAX and Hackett really have been Hass, two favorite & most comfortable targets and probably seattle's two best receivers and gotta believe that is hard to ignore and or overcome

we'll see ...