[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hope the lesson was learned

detlef

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I learned is Boise St is the only undefeated team in the country, and the true National Champion, winning the best bowl game on this very field in Glendalle. Congrats Bronco's on the title.

I also learned that a playoff wouldnt have allowed such a layoff, that has happened in several of these NC games, and didnt pit the best 2 teams in the end, as it is suppose to do. If the BCS only job is really to pit #1 vs #2, then lets play it down from say 10, to this title game, and give it a 2 week break like the SB so each team can get somewhat healthy for the game.

The peeps Cham - BSU - gawd bless you son............

That's odd, all 200 of your posts after those games had belitteled both teams.

Your a tool, get used to it. Flipflopping doushebag

If refusing to go along with your assertions that Penn St. and Wisc were "middle of the pack Big 10 teams" and Ark and Tenn were "SEC elite" means "belitteled", then yes both he and I are guilty.

Hey TOSser, shouldn't you be picking up your step son's room?

Congrats, to both Penn St. and Wisc. you did the Big 10 proud by beating SEC teams of the same strata within their league. There is no doubt that the above average teams of the Big 10 are better than the above average teams in the SEC. Now, you might want to have a talk with the big boys in your league 'cause they made you look silly.

Not quite a vaccum, since the #3 team in the Big 10 beat the #2 team in the SEC.

I don't know what the problem was, other than pretty terrible play calling and not running the ball enough. Tressel beat the best in Miami a few years ago for a national championship, so I don't know why he wasn't up to it this time. His defense didn't look very good though.

Wisconsin baby... :D

UW has done very well vs the SEC, except one recent disgrace vs. Georgia.

I don't know if any of you all actually watched the game, but Arkansas beat themselves, badly. Check out the stats and penalty yards for verification. Wisconsin even dropped in the polls after the W. That being said, a win is a win.

Not quite a vaccum, since the #3 team in the Big 10 beat the #2 team in the SEC.

I don't know what the problem was, other than pretty terrible play calling and not running the ball enough. Tressel beat the best in Miami a few years ago for a national championship, so I don't know why he wasn't up to it this time. His defense didn't look very good though.

As I said in other posts, Wisc did their part to legitmize the rematch by winning their bowl game. Of course, Michigan did plenty to undo that hours later.

That said, at the time of the debate, we knew absolutely nothing about Wisconson other than they breezed through a very soft OC schedule and didn't have to play OSU. So yes, at the time, it was a vaccum. OSU beat Texas who was shown to be good but hardly elite and Mich beat ND who was shown to be completely overrated.

Oh, and Todd, you seem like a reasonable guy, don't get caught up in TOSser little game of pretending Ark was the 2nd best team in the SEC. Some say 4th (they're wrong because Ark beat Auburn), I'll give you 3rd, but nobody outside of Fayetteville thinks the Hogs were the 2nd best team in the SEC.

Hey TOSser, shouldn't you be picking up your step son's room?

You'll be lucky to never meet me. :D

Taking personal information and subjecting into other forums and discussions shows your class.

For that, be thankful, very thankful your at your seat behind a pc.

Taking personal information and subjecting into other forums and discussions shows your class.

Oh for godsakes TOSser, if it was so dammed personal, why did you bring it to the huddle?

What can I say, you inspire me.

sheesh ... too much testosterone in here

as for your starting post detlef ... say what you want. the fact remains many people who voted for no. 2 were on record saying they thought michigan was better than florida but didn't want to see a rematch. you seriously do not think that psychologically that didn't pump up florida to prove itself? so you are all of a sudden more brilliant than those writers/coaches/voters because you hyped the dog?

it is clear that osu got outplayed and outcoached. i would much rather have seen a game where both teams put in their best effort, and not just one of them. props to florida fans ... but the florida player who said that four or five other SEC teams could do the same thing to osu that they did, is certainly off his rocker. maybe he was caught up in the moment, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to see that osu was clearly off their game ... or even any near it.

now ... carry on with yer i told you so bologna

as for your starting post detlef ... say what you want. the fact remains many people who voted for no. 2 were on record saying they thought michigan was better than florida but didn't want to see a rematch. you seriously do not think that psychologically that didn't pump up florida to prove itself? so you are all of a sudden more brilliant than those writers/coaches/voters because you hyped the dog?

it is clear that osu got outplayed and outcoached. i would much rather have seen a game where both teams put in their best effort, and not just one of them. props to florida fans ... but the florida player who said that four or five other SEC teams could do the same thing to osu that they did, is certainly off his rocker. maybe he was caught up in the moment, but it didn't take a rocket scientist to see that osu was clearly off their game ... or even any near it.

:D

I'm not claiming to have predicted FL would beat OSU. I picked them in the pregame thread but even mentioned, "Somebody has to go with the dog". Also, as I mentioned in the first post I wrote about FL deservig the shot more than Mich, that given the situation, voting against Michigan soley because of the rematch issue was completely fine. Anything to take it as much as possible out of the voters hands. Based on very little data, the nation had fallen in love with OSU and Mich and was on the verge of making a huge mistake. That game had been played and Mich lost. Move on. Based on little more than a big win against an average ND team, we were about to ignore every other option and just assume Michigan was the only team that could run with OSU. The events of Jan 1 and last night sort of shut that down.

That's really all.

Edited by detlef

Some Bama backer started crying when I made fun of the South on a different MB.

Don't start crying too or I won't think you good ole boys are tough no more.

Boo hoo... :D I cried myself to sleep last night with the knowledge some message board cretin had attempted to insult me simply because I didn't agree with his "opinion" on college football.

Here's a newsflash just in case you care - 99.99% of us don't give a rats a** what you think about the SEC or the football program at Alabama. I would speculate a similiar percentage of folks on this board don't give a hoot for your opinions on any subject.

Flame on if you would like. But I will not waste my time reading any further rubbish Chavez has to spew.

<Out>

Boo hoo... :D I cried myself to sleep last night with the knowledge some message board cretin had attempted to insult me simply because I didn't agree with his "opinion" on college football.

Here's a newsflash just in case you care - 99.99% of us don't give a rats a** what you think about the SEC or the football program at Alabama. I would speculate a similiar percentage of folks on this board don't give a hoot for your opinions on any subject.

Flame on if you would like. But I will not waste my time reading any further rubbish Chavez has to spew.

<Out>

Wow...that kinda sounded like a girl....I'm never going to listen to you anymore!!!!! "OUT" What's next your call to Jim???.....uh...this is the hick from the sticks baby...5ft 380..."DING"

Gotta luv how these blow hards like TOS revert back to their bully ways when they are made the fool. :D Here's an idea. Go back and play another game of sega this time Ohio State vs. Oklahoma and when finished let us know the final score. :bash:

Edited by Rockerbraves

Wow...that kinda sounded like a girl....I'm never going to listen to you anymore!!!!! "OUT" What's next your call to Jim???.....uh...this is the hick from the sticks baby...5ft 380..."DING"

Hmmm.... maybe you're on to somethin'. Betcha iffin I get me one of these here smart looking sweaters with no sleeves on it, I'd be a heap more manly.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/200...w_tressel_i.jpg

Hmmm.... maybe you're on to somethin'. Betcha iffin I get me one of these here smart looking sweaters with no sleeves on it, I'd be a heap more manly.

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/ncf/200...w_tressel_i.jpg

:D great comeback...Tressel crack. :D...I take it all back you don't sound like a crying girl.

Tress vest insult...I'm very mad now...lol... at least this legend coach does not abuse his kids and drink himself to death while wearing that silly "Francis" hat.

I'm not claiming to have predicted FL would beat OSU. I picked them in the pregame thread but even mentioned, "Somebody has to go with the dog". Also, as I mentioned in the first post I wrote about FL deservig the shot more than Mich, that given the situation, voting against Michigan soley because of the rematch issue was completely fine. Anything to take it as much as possible out of the voters hands. Based on very little data, the nation had fallen in love with OSU and Mich and was on the verge of making a huge mistake. That game had been played and Mich lost. Move on. Based on little more than a big win against an average ND team, we were about to ignore every other option and just assume Michigan was the only team that could run with OSU. The events of Jan 1 and last night sort of shut that down.

That's really all.

Oklahoma proved when they lost to Kansas St. that when you lose your last game before the bowl games, you don't deserve to go to the National Championship game. Michigan had their chance and blew it and their OSU game was not as close as the final score. OSU should not have to beat Michigan in back to back games to prove they are better than Michigan. Florida on the other hand won out the second half of the season and won their conference. They deserved every bit to be in that game. Everyone is talking about how bad OSU played but UF's tight coverage in the secondary and D line pass rush forced that poor performance. The Gators are derserving. Congrats.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Hat/vest smack and TOSser wants to kick my ass! College football baby! Gotta love it! That's what I call passion!

Yeah I even had one guy give up on one of our many football arguments and then he shifted gears to say that OSU had the best band in the country. Can anyone direct him to the band forum?

<Out>

:D This post makes it appear you actually DID cry yourself to sleep.

If Sc doesnt lose to UCLA, FLA isnt even playing in that game. FLA needs to send a check to UCLA for their title.

And if Florida had not won 12 games and their conference championship, it would not have mattered a bit to Florida whether or not UCLA beat USC.