[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The National Championship game...

untateve

I will be honest--I fantasized that the Gators would win in a blow out--but I NEVER thought it would happen. I steadfastly believed that the Gator defense would keep it close. I haven't watched as much college football as in years past as my boys take priority in my life. However, I've seen just about every Florida game this year. This was the first time I've seen OSU play.

I knew our defense was scary good. Our offense, literally all season, was prone to making huge errors. We did so against just about every D1 team we played this season. We won games on defense and special teams. If you looked at our schedule, we barely won a number of games that I thought we were going to win going away. Key mistakes would kill us. The thing is, we won just about all of those games. Somehow, some way, the Gators won.

Then, the first play of the game OSU runs back the kick for the TD. And to be honest, I thought uh oh, please don't let OSU rout us. Throughout this game, I kept waiting for the big mistake on offense. And it never happened. Leak threw the ball away when he should. He hit the open receivers. I will never understand why OSU often times rushed only 3. Leak has shown, all season, that under pressure he will make silly mistakes. OSU, by rushing three, failed to put on that pressure. And once again our defense played well. Really well.

I never knew what to expect this game. I know Tressel is an exceptional coach. I don't believe he coached his best game tonight. However, with Tressel at the helm, OSU will be a great team for years to come. I also believe that with Urban Meyer as our coach, we will be strong for years to come as well.

I'm happy that Florida won.

Go Gators!!!

I will be honest--I fantasized that the Gators would win in a blow out--but I NEVER thought it would happen. I steadfastly believed that the Gator defense would keep it close. I haven't watched as much college football as in years past as my boys take priority in my life. However, I've seen just about every Florida game this year. This was the first time I've seen OSU play.

I knew our defense was scary good. Our offense, literally all season, was prone to making huge errors. We did so against just about every D1 team we played this season. We won games on defense and special teams. If you looked at our schedule, we barely won a number of games that I thought we were going to win going away. Key mistakes would kill us. The thing is, we won just about all of those games. Somehow, some way, the Gators won.

Then, the first play of the game OSU runs back the kick for the TD. And to be honest, I thought uh oh, please don't let OSU rout us. Throughout this game, I kept waiting for the big mistake on offense. And it never happened. Leak threw the ball away when he should. He hit the open receivers. I will never understand why OSU often times rushed only 3. Leak has shown, all season, that under pressure he will make silly mistakes. OSU, by rushing three, failed to put on that pressure. And once again our defense played well. Really well.

I never knew what to expect this game. I know Tressel is an exceptional coach. I don't believe he coached his best game tonight. However, with Tressel at the helm, OSU will be a great team for years to come. I also believe that with Urban Meyer as our coach, we will be strong for years to come as well.

I'm happy that Florida won.

Go Gators!!!

Congrats on a great win for the Gator Nation. I have to agree with alot on this post. Why did OSU chose not to run the ball with Pittman at all??? We played Florida's game and tempo and it killed us. I do not understand the show blitz and back off of the whole game.

congrats unta and gator fans.

i only watch a handfull of college games each year. what struck me about it was OSU using such a soft defense..... A LOT of zone... and i think we can count blitzes on 1 hand. i can understand using a conservative d and trying to induce picks with so many back in coverage, but when you don't get that push with your front 4 (or 3), that isn't going to happen..... just don't know why you go a whole game without adjusting if it isn't working. leek did a nice job finding the wr's in their gaps.......

... I will never understand why OSU often times rushed only 3 ...

you and many others i am sure. only thing i can think of is that since the OSU D is somewhat young, the chance for giving up a big play is greater when you blitz. they played very conservative D for the most part in the game against Michigan and it cost them 39 points. you would have thought at some point the D-coordinator or Tressell would have seen they needed to get pressure on the QB ... the only unsuccessful drives FL had were when OSU did just that.

good thing is, OSU's D has nowhere but up to go from here. in a year or two they will be very good ... hopefully the offense can follow suit as it will be there turn in losing key players.

congrats unta and gator fans.

i only watch a handfull of college games each year. what struck me about it was OSU using such a soft defense..... A LOT of zone... and i think we can count blitzes on 1 hand. i can understand using a conservative d and trying to induce picks with so many back in coverage, but when you don't get that push with your front 4 (or 3), that isn't going to happen..... just don't know why you go a whole game without adjusting if it isn't working. leek did a nice job finding the wr's in their gaps.......

Got to think that is the way they play & teach defense in the big 10. Back in the late 1990's then LSU's head coach Dinardo hired a buddy of his from the big 10 Illinois named Lou Tepper as defensive coordinator who had LSU running soft zone defenses. Needless to say he & DiNardo were quickly fired after a couple of seasons of that garbage. Heck DiNardo probably could have saved his job, but didn't have it in him to fire his good friend.

Very impressive game by the Gators- their sheer athletecism was on full display, and they put it all together on both sides of the ball.

SEC speed- wow- I mean, D lineman chasing down and closing on Troy Smith lightning quick. Pure utter domination.

The O did whatever it wanted to.

Big 10 fully exposed after proving nothing all year, and clearly a brutal season.

To have OUS/MICH dominated in both games has to have the entire league coaches re-evaluating things.

"Urban, Lloyd Carr here, you mind if I come down and take a look at your Passing clinic in the spring"

"May as well take a look at your defensive schemes also"

Very impressive game by the Gators- their sheer athletecism was on full display, and they put it all together on both sides of the ball.

SEC speed- wow- I mean, D lineman chasing down and closing on Troy Smith lightning quick. Pure utter domination.

Big 10 fully exposed after proving nothing all year, and clearly a brutal season.

To have OUS/MICH dominated in both games has to have the entire league coaches re-evaluating things.

"Urban, Lloyd Carr here, you mind if I come down and take a look at your Passing clinic in the spring"

Nobody knocking down your schools doors are they.

All good points. Kind of reminds me of the days when Florida State and Miami consistently taught Oklahoma and Nebraska a few things other than the option. Bless their hearts they are at least trying and now Boise State is schooling the Sooners.

sorry?

so now you try and punk UA? Sarge- is that you?? making some points on the NC fiasco- deal wit it

I have dealt with it and I'm just saying..UA program done what???

How many Titles UA got please remind me???

What Bowl UA go too???

I'm suprised UA does not start their own Bowl??? I sometimes forget they are even in a conference.

Can you name 5 ALL Ameicans from UA in last 5 years????

I have dealt with it and I'm just saying..UA program done what???

How many Titles UA got please remind me???

What Bowl UA go too???

I'm suprised UA does not start their own Bowl??? I sometimes forget they are even in a conference.

Can you name 5 ALL Ameicans from UA in last 5 years????

beat it u tool. Show me where I talk about UA football?? Suffering succotash! - this is about the BCS, NC- which UA is obviously not a part of- what are you 8 years old??

Nobody knocking down your schools doors are they.

No...I made no reference to your points on the game..YOU said Big Ten schools wanting to knock down the doors of other schools and my point was no one is coming to Arizona for advice that's all.

I have stated OSU got their Butts kicked and was totally out played...Where in any of my posts do you see me making any excuses.

You really need to read the posts before you attack, I know the big words are tough being you might be a Arizona Grad and all....I'll be patient and explain it all to you like your TO how's that?

beat it u tool. Show me where I talk about UA football?? Suffering succotash! - this is about the BCS, NC- which UA is obviously not a part of- what are you 8 years old??

That's a very good point, You don't talk much about UA program.

I wonder why???

Beat it Tool???? and You call me 8 years old.

If it's too hot for you..We can stop. I hate to battle a unarmed person.

That's a very good point, You don't talk much about UA program.

I wonder why???

Beat it Tool???? and You call me 8 years old.

If it's too hot for you..We can stop. I hate to battle a unarmed person.

hurts don't it?

wow, UA football is not great- your point? I will gladly take the hoops program- thanks.

You bore me.

what on earth are u talking about?? doors? knocking?, xplain yoself

Already covered that..but for you I will explain it again...You stated Big Ten schools will need to go to other schools to learn how to compete. I just want you to know the schools already do that anyway, however not done as if the BIG TEN needs too run to other schools to learn football.

That was your point correct????