[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Final Poll

SEC 6-3 Bowl Record, finish #1, #3, and #9 (Auburn) nationally, not too shabby.

Oklahoma finished 11th.

Looks like the voters might have felt sorry for the BUCKEYES & the SOONER NATION and decided to throw them a bone after historic humiliating bowl defeats. Considering how far Michigan dropped, for the life of me I can't find a reason to rank the Ohio State anything better than 6th and the Sooners 16th.

Looks like the voters might have felt sorry for the BUCKEYES & the SOONER NATION and decided to throw them a bone after historic humiliating bowl defeats. Considering how far Michigan dropped, for the life of me I can't find a reason to rank the Ohio State anything better than 6th and the Sooners 16th.

I would say I agree here, OSU did not earn the #2 ranking based on the end result of last nights game.

Buckeye Nation will be just fine and the begining of a new season starts today.

That seemed a bit odd to me as well. Well, at least OSU. OU did only lose by a point. But Michigan looked much better against USC than OSU did agasint FL.

While you're at is, though, I do think USC's win over Mich was more impressive than LSU's over ND, so I would have ranked USC ahead of them.

Whatever, it really doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot. OSU is ranked at least one spot below what they were hoping and expecting to be before last night.

That seemed a bit odd to me as well. Well, at least OSU. OU did only lose by a point. But Michigan looked much better against USC than OSU did agasint FL.

While you're at is, though, I do think USC's win over Mich was more impressive than LSU's over ND, so I would have ranked USC ahead of them.

Whatever, it really doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot. OSU is ranked at least one spot below what they were hoping and expecting to be before last night.

Hey dude, the PAC 10 part of you is starting to show again. :D

Florida's total domination of Ohio State actually took away from USC's over Michigan. The Big 10 so called elite were exposed.

I would say I agree here, OSU did not earn the #2 ranking based on the end result of last nights game.

Buckeye Nation will be just fine and the begining of a new season starts today.

Had to be a tough night last night, but at least you didn't spend the money to attend the game like my cousins did. Haven't talked to them since the game. However I have a feeling if I tried to call they probably wouldn't answer in fear of me taunting them about the SEC. I'll give them a week or two to recover before making that call. By that time they should realize what a great season it was for Ohio State being ranked #1 all season & beating Michigan.

Edited by Rockerbraves

LSU would have lost to OSU last night, they dont belong in the discussion. Notre Dame is by far the worst BCS team this year, and it was a home game for them, vs a team with no team speed. What OSU did to Notre dame last yr, is what Fla did to OSU last night. Out athleted them. LSU would have lost to Boise, OU, OSU, Michigan, SC and FLA, and Louisville, but instead got a patsy in Notre dame. I think Wake Forest buts LSu to the wire, and Russell probably loses that game when its on the line.

Dont kid yourself, what we witnessed last night was superior coaching and team speed. LSU may have some athletes but they are no where in the class of FLA, so just because Fla allowed LSu to play with them, because they didnt have a month to break them down, and exposed every weakness they exposed on OSU last night, doesnt mean the SEC as a whole is that much better because their best team kicked some ass.

Had to be a tough night last night, but at least you didn't spend the money to attend the game like my cousins did. Haven't talked to them since the game. However I have a feeling if I tried to call they probably wouldn't answer in fear of me taunting them about the SEC. I'll give them a week or two to recover before making that call. By that time they should realize what a great season it was for Ohio State being ranked #1 all season & beating Michigan.

I'm over it and have the day off with my son. We are trying to find out OSU travel plans and meet the team if possible. It's easy to support your team when they win, but this is when they need to see your support. I'm happy with this season even if it ended bad.

First out right Big Ten Championship since 1984.

#1 team through the whole season till last night.

Beating two #2 teams in one season.

Beating Michigan again taking any chance of them going to the show.(This is the main highlight)

Troy's Heisman season.

There will be alot of sad Buckeyes today, I was upset last night. I'm now wanting show the team the support they deserve.

GO BUCKS....OH-IO

LSU would have lost to OSU last night, they dont belong in the discussion. Notre Dame is by far the worst BCS team this year, and it was a home game for them, vs a team with no team speed. What OSU did to Notre dame last yr, is what Fla did to OSU last night. Out athleted them. LSU would have lost to Boise, OU, OSU, Michigan, SC and FLA, and Louisville, but instead got a patsy in Notre dame. I think Wake Forest buts LSu to the wire, and Russell probably loses that game when its on the line.

Dont kid yourself, what we witnessed last night was superior coaching and team speed. LSU may have some athletes but they are no where in the class of FLA, so just because Fla allowed LSu to play with them, because they didnt have a month to break them down, and exposed every weakness they exposed on OSU last night, doesnt mean the SEC as a whole is that much better because their best team kicked some ass.

No, what makes the SEC better as a whole is the fact that they went 6-3 in the bowl games. If somebody from the Big East wants to claim scoreboard 'cause they went 4-0, that's fine. They've got some explaining to do about the matchups, but they have a limb to stand on.

You Sarge, have nothing. To this date you have yet to back up anything you've said here about your Sooners, not the least of which is that "but for being screwed against Oregon" they should have been playing against OSU for the title. Thanks to OSU loosing, at least you're spared the indignity of having the worst bowl W-L record among the BCS teams. Why don't you pump your chest with that. Big 12 We're not the worst!

If I may. Debates are not won because someone loudly says they are. They're won with facts and results. A few weeks ago, you called checkmate because "The Big 12 was going to prove itself in the bowls". Guessing you haven't played much chess. So, what are you saying. This debate is over because you've convinced yourself? Well that's great, that makes one of you. Now go watch the replay of the Cowboys game and remind yourself that you got jocked in that one to. Oops, sorry, TOSser said I wasn't supposed to bring stuff from other forums here.

No, what makes the SEC better as a whole is the fact that they went 6-3 in the bowl games. If somebody from the Big East wants to claim scoreboard 'cause they went 4-0, that's fine. They've got some explaining to do about the matchups, but they have a limb to stand on.

5-0 :bash:

Herbstreit put Rutgers at #5 for 2007 (on ESPNEWS this morning) :D

But even I think that's a little crazy :D

Edited by juanruiz13

Yeah, with all due respect to OSU, I was NOT watching the second best team in college football last night. They should have been ranked 5th or 6th. Because the team that showed up last night would have got clocked by any of the rest of the top 5 at least.

I'm over it and have the day off with my son. We are trying to find out OSU travel plans and meet the team if possible. It's easy to support your team when they win, but this is when they need to see your support. I'm happy with this season even if it ended bad.

Beating Michigan again taking any chance of them going to the show.(This is the main highlight)

Troy's Heisman season.

There will be alot of sad Buckeyes today, I was upset last night. I'm now wanting show the team the support they deserve.

GO BUCKS....OH-IO

I feel for ya, 1999, I sat by my radio and leaped for joy when Iowa beat Northern Illinois... their lone win that year. But I stuck with them, through thick and thin.

Troy's Heisman season.

GO BUCKS....OH-IO

:D

LSU would have beat Michigan, Boise, and every team in the Nation for that matter except Florida and I'd entertain Ohio State as a possible team that would beat us. I don't know why you h8 LSU so much but it is obvious you are quite biased. Is it because we beat yer Sooner's gutz in 2004?

Forgive you son, I win ever debate I get into. You just havent realized it yet.

USC moved from 8th to 4th, pretty good. LSU moved up 1 spot, 4 to 3. LSU finished with a 7 game winning streak, USC finished with a 1 game winning steak. Believe it or not, it does matter when you lose. I think the pollsters got that part of the polls right.

No way to explain it other than pure jealousy of LSU. Understandable though, I do like the #3 spot better than the #11 spot.

LSU would have beat Michigan, Boise, and every team in the Nation for that matter except Florida and I'd entertain Ohio State as a possible team that would beat us. I don't know why you h8 LSU so much but it is obvious you are quite biased. Is it because we beat yer Sooner's gutz in 2004?

The sooners never lose. The other team just outscores them. The sooner you accept this the sooner you will be able to understand sooner fan.

Yeah, with all due respect to OSU, I was NOT watching the second best team in college football last night. They should have been ranked 5th or 6th. Because the team that showed up last night would have got clocked by any of the rest of the top 5 at least.

I thought OSU deserved to slip to no. 4, but I think the pollsters left them at #2 based solely on the fact that they had only one loss on the season and USC and LSU had 2 losses. The whole body of work or the entire season was considered not just last night's performance. My guess though is that if they had lost by that margin in the regular season there would have been a much steeper fall.

Big 10 got 3 team in the top 8 , while the SEC only got 2. I'd say the voters got it perfectly correct.

Only problem i see with the final standings, is LSU being vastly over ranked for winning a game against the Texas State High School runner up. :D

Wow! Sarge actually gave Florida some props. Small props, but props nonetheless. After all, where did

Bob Stoops come from before OU? :D